Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required

EA offers official system requirements for Anthem (thanks MP1ST). They provide minimum and recommended specifications along with word that the game requires a persistent internet connection in case anyone thought a multiplayer game could operate otherwise. Also, according to this, the game requires Windows 10, which we don't recall seeing before. Here are the specs:

ANTHEM MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
  • RAM: 8 GB System Memory
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760, AMD Radeon 7970 / R9280X
  • GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory
  • HARD DRIVE: At least 50 GB of free space
  • DIRECTX: DirectX 11

ANTHEM RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB System Memory
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060/ RTX 2060, AMD RX 480
  • GPU RAM: 4 GB Video Memory
  • HARD DRIVE: At least 50 GB of free space
  • DIRECTX: DirectX 11

Xbox One Wireless Controller for Windows supported, persistent internet connection required for play.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

55. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jan 13, 2019, 16:46 Ant

You can always game on mobile. Grin
It will run on my iPhone 4S (iOS v9.3.5)? [grin]

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jan 11, 2019, 13:45 RedEye9

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 20:11:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 22:05:
Stormsinger wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 21:39:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 12:52:
What the fuck, Win10 only? Ugh. My gaming desktop is still Win8.1 ... ridiculous artificial requirement.
Personally, I'm happy they're making it easy to continue my boycott of EA games. Now it doesn't matter how interesting the game might, or might not appear...because I will NOT be running any more MS operating systems. That ship has sailed, I'll give up gaming entirely first. And that's giving up a nearly 40 year addiction.
And I do...but I'm going to need a MUCH bigger tablet pretty soon, so I can actually see the screen. My eyes are getting so bad that I can barely manage a game on my phone these days, and a 7 inch tablet isn't much better.

I plan to switch to Linux and game there once this last Win7 machine fails. I'm getting jaded these days anyway, and find I play very few AAA games anymore.
You know I was just teasing.
There are lots of linux resources for gaming (some are right here on blues) should you want to continue your 40 year addiction hobby.

53. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 10, 2019, 16:32 Slick

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 12:48:
CrushBug wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 21:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 18:03:
CrushBug wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 16:41:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 12:35:
Well if this is Win10 only, I guess I'm not playing it...
Anthem will run on Windows 7 and 8. We just don't officially support it.

You can try the Demo coming out in February to see if Anthem is right for you.

Crushbug, is this some new plan or has EA or others done this? Have a game that will work with Win7-10, but then only list Win10 because of support and not care of the blowback they will get by doing so?

We have done this in past games when we dropped support for Windows XP and moved to Windows 7 as the min spec.

We run Anthem on Windows 7 occasionally, and it works just fine.

Origin will not block you installing the Demo or game on Windows 7; we just aren't officially supporting those OSes.

I appreciate your comments. In your example of dropping WinXP for Win7, that doesn't necessarily mean the timing then is relatively the same now between 7/10 in usage rates. Almost everyone has dropped XP support, but did they drop it once the usage #'s were very low and expected as common practice? I think so. I think dropping Win7/8 on a non-MS Store App now is very cutting edge today. My guess is when you went from XP to 7, XP usage was much lower than Win7 is currently moving now to Win10, hence people are making mention of this. Thanks again for your time.

I get your question, but I'd think that they would be comparible?

XP was hella popular, the first real popular Windows OS IMO. 7 became popular too, but alot of people had Vista fatigue after Win7 launched, I remember lots of people who didn't upgrade, didn't want to, care to, or know about it. I bet the adoption numbers over time looks similar to win7/10 transition.

However, I'm pulling all of this out of my ass, and am too lazy to actually do any homework to prove my point. I'll just live and die by my stupid uninformed convictions

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

52. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 10, 2019, 10:18 Kain

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 12:52:
Kain wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 16:24:
I haven't seen enough of Anthem to really care about it one way or another. It looks like iron man flying around an Andromeda level from the outside. The demo will be the deciding factor to me.

Isn't the demo for pre-orders only?

Also, thanks Derek for clarifying that it'll run on older versions of Windows!

Bioware has stated there will be an open demo as well. They seem pretty confident in the game to be honest, I wish I shared it but I'll go into it with an open mind.

51. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 21:19 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 18:07:
I haven't seen enough of Anthem to really care about it one way or another. It looks like iron man flying around an Andromeda level from the outside. The demo will be the deciding factor to me.

Preorders get VIP access to the demo which probably means a head start of a day or two but just about every EA game of the past few years has had a generous free trial so I'm sure there will be a demo for everyone.
They are going to try everything in their power to get people hooked. Bio has a lot riding on this.

Thanks for clarifying!

I don't quite agree with the doomsayers who say that the success of Anthem will decide the fate of BioWare but it's certainly a very important title for them and EA so a demo to reek in as many potential cows as possible for the milking is guaranteed.

If this flops, and becomes their second big flop title in a row, I don't see how they survive the typical EA 'realignment' bullshit.

50. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jan 9, 2019, 20:11 Stormsinger

What the fuck, Win10 only? Ugh. My gaming desktop is still Win8.1 ... ridiculous artificial requirement.
Personally, I'm happy they're making it easy to continue my boycott of EA games. Now it doesn't matter how interesting the game might, or might not appear...because I will NOT be running any more MS operating systems. That ship has sailed, I'll give up gaming entirely first. And that's giving up a nearly 40 year addiction.
And I do...but I'm going to need a MUCH bigger tablet pretty soon, so I can actually see the screen. My eyes are getting so bad that I can barely manage a game on my phone these days, and a 7 inch tablet isn't much better.

I plan to switch to Linux and game there once this last Win7 machine fails. I'm getting jaded these days anyway, and find I play very few AAA games anymore.

49. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 18:07 CJ_Parker

Preorders get VIP access to the demo which probably means a head start of a day or two but just about every EA game of the past few years has had a generous free trial so I'm sure there will be a demo for everyone.
They are going to try everything in their power to get people hooked. Bio has a lot riding on this.

I don't quite agree with the doomsayers who say that the success of Anthem will decide the fate of BioWare but it's certainly a very important title for them and EA so a demo to reek in as many potential cows as possible for the milking is guaranteed.

48. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 12:52 Creston

Also, thanks Derek for clarifying that it'll run on older versions of Windows!

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2019, 13:35.

47. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 12:48 HorrorScope

CrushBug wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 21:04:

Crushbug, is this some new plan or has EA or others done this? Have a game that will work with Win7-10, but then only list Win10 because of support and not care of the blowback they will get by doing so?

We have done this in past games when we dropped support for Windows XP and moved to Windows 7 as the min spec.

Origin will not block you installing the Demo or game on Windows 7; we just aren't officially supporting those OSes.

I appreciate your comments. In your example of dropping WinXP for Win7, that doesn't necessarily mean the timing then is relatively the same now between 7/10 in usage rates. Almost everyone has dropped XP support, but did they drop it once the usage #'s were very low and expected as common practice? I think so. I think dropping Win7/8 on a non-MS Store App now is very cutting edge today. My guess is when you went from XP to 7, XP usage was much lower than Win7 is currently moving now to Win10, hence people are making mention of this. Thanks again for your time.

46. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 07:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 04:12:

Sweet, but is it true that we must be online to play?

Look at this as Diablo 3 / Destiny / The Division / Insert your small team ARPG here, basically. I'm not saying it's right but that's my thought process at least.

Going to get the coop fossils to try the demo with me, hopefully the game turns out well.

45. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 07:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent. DX11 game, requiring Windows 10, I was slightly miffed.

44. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 04:24 jdreyer

Cyant wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 23:00:
persistent internet connection required for play

love that when you are almost done killing the final boss of a quest your internet connection fart for 1 second and it kick you out to the tittle screen and you lose all your progress...

Good times.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

43. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 04:12 jdreyer

Sweet, but is it true that we must be online to play?

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

42. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 02:01 Kxmode

Anthem Immortal

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

41. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 00:16 Darks

Cyant wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 23:00:

love that when you are almost done killing the final boss of a quest your internet connection fart for 1 second and it kick you out to the tittle screen and you lose all your progress...

Yea, not to mention but this did happen to me in the beta. I got disconnected, and was spawned back in the main tower or whatever they are calling it. Was really pissed about that. Why Cant we spawn back where we left off Bioware?

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

40. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 23:00 Cyant

39. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jan 8, 2019, 22:05 RedEye9

38. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jan 8, 2019, 21:39 Stormsinger

37. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 21:06 Jivaro

Crushbug, thx for the clarification.  

36. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 21:04  CrushBug 

Derek French
Technical Producer
BioWare

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo