Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Evening Mobilization

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 8, 2019, 03:07 Armengar

i have 4g because thats what my ancient note 3 comes with. Just ran a speedtest and it returns 44mb/6mb/29ms why would I need 5g? I can see the argument for home broadband via 5g but that wont be using an expensive phone over a portable wifi brick.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 8, 2019, 01:26 Steele Johnson

“The 5G upgrade will require new modem technologies, lots of new chips to pack into devices, and the need for new and more plentiful cell towers. That all sounds like a lot of hard work, so wouldn't it be easier to just update everyone's 4G icon to "5G" and call it a day?”

lmao that was a brilliantly funny article!

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 7, 2019, 18:04 Creston

It's funny, isn't the FCC supposed to be upholding these standards, and making sure that carriers can't just willy-nilly say "We're now 5G!" when they've made exactly zero cents investment in their shitty network?

Oh wait, I forgot, Ajit Pai has his tongue rammed so far up AT&T's CEO's ass that he can't see that the icon changed on his phone.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo