Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

More Alien Teasing

A second tweet followed yesterday's Alien tease with more on this upcoming project, though things still remain fairly vague. The tweet includes another brief video about Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda with footage from the original Alien movie. It also reveals that whatever this all refers to is due sometime this year, but it's not clear to what extent this is a game, as the tweet and the clip both include the phrase "Read Play Watch." Here's the tweet: "40 years ago, the Nostromo disappeared... In 2019, Amanda Ripley will uncover the secrets it left behind no matter what. #AmandaRipley #ReadPlayWatch #January." Here's the text that appears in the video itself:

When the crew of the Notsromo vanished they left behind a secret...

In 2019 it will be uncovered.

Amanda
Ripley
Read Play Watch
Coming Soon

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 8, 2019, 12:38 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 15:48:
Quinn wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 15:40:
Sometimes it's painful to witness such harmony between some of you and it's all just going *woosh* over my head and I have no ideas what's going on. XD

Anyway, looking forward to this. I've been wanting to replay Isolation for quite some time now, but I got so bummed by Prometheus 2 that I couldn't see or hear anything Alien related for a while. What a garbage movie and insult to the xenomorph.

My Alien memory: I was 8 at the time I grabbed the VHS from the drawer and started watching whatever this movie was. My aunt picked my mom up for afternoon shopping and I was allowed to stay home. She asked what I started watching as she was heading out. When I showed her the VHS she told me the movie was the scariest she ever saw and asked my mom if it was wise to let me watch it.
My mother was always overly protective except when it came to scary movies somehow (watched the Kali worshipper rip out the man's heart in that Indiana Jones movie when I was what? Six?).
Anyway, the warning of my aunt thrilled me. That afternoon turned out to be one of the best afternoons in my young life.

I was a hardcore sci-fi horror and Alien fan from that day going forward.

It's a mobile title. What are the chances it's A) good and B) isn't full of microtransaction pay-to-play mechanics.

Yeah I didn't know that when I wrote that wall of text

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 15:48 jdreyer

Quinn wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 15:40:
Sometimes it's painful to witness such harmony between some of you and it's all just going *woosh* over my head and I have no ideas what's going on. XD

Anyway, looking forward to this. I've been wanting to replay Isolation for quite some time now, but I got so bummed by Prometheus 2 that I couldn't see or hear anything Alien related for a while. What a garbage movie and insult to the xenomorph.

My Alien memory: I was 8 at the time I grabbed the VHS from the drawer and started watching whatever this movie was. My aunt picked my mom up for afternoon shopping and I was allowed to stay home. She asked what I started watching as she was heading out. When I showed her the VHS she told me the movie was the scariest she ever saw and asked my mom if it was wise to let me watch it.
My mother was always overly protective except when it came to scary movies somehow (watched the Kali worshipper rip out the man's heart in that Indiana Jones movie when I was what? Six?).
Anyway, the warning of my aunt thrilled me. That afternoon turned out to be one of the best afternoons in my young life.

It's a mobile title. What are the chances it's A) good and B) isn't full of microtransaction pay-to-play mechanics.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

23. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 15:44 jdreyer

It's Diablo Immortal all over again.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

22. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 15:40 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

21. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 15:14 MacLeod

After watching the trailer and reading the description, I feel like they just made "Five Nights at Ripleys"... *sighs*  

20. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 14:00 Turd Ferguson

19. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 13:18 RedEye9

KS wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 12:50:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 12:05:
El Pit wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 12:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 11:04:
It's a mobile game! lol

REALLY?! Is this confirmed news? If so: WOW! How the mighty have fallen...
They haven't fallen, they just followed the money.
The Microtransaction loaded Mobile market is easy money.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/1/7/18171831/alien-blackout-trailer-release-date

I wonder how much the chest burster with variant top hat, tails, and cane is.
That rare collectible normally retails for $12.95 but if you receive an in-game e-vite on your PDA you can grab it for only $8. It's also included in the $15.95 "Ripley 5-pack of "unlimited ammo(UA)*" Turrets. Considering each turret is normally $3.95 it's a best buy.
PS All that info is included in the link i posted.

*Ripley UA Turrets are single use only and have a lower cyclic rate to prevent overheating

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

18. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 12:50 KS

It's a mobile game! lol

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/1/7/18171831/alien-blackout-trailer-release-date

I wonder how much the chest burster with variant top hat, tails, and cane is.

17. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 12:39 El Pit

It's a mobile game! lol

BWAHAHAHA!

Maybe they will try to improve on Isolation by selling little pills that make you completely invulnerable so you can move for 5 minutes without the allseeing and allknowing Alien interfering with you? I mean this would actually make the game more fair and playable.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

16. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 12:15 HardCore74

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 20:57:
I'm gonna take you by surprise and make you realize, Amanda....

This comment wins... they could even play it while the chest burster comes rocketing out of her and I'd be ok with it.

15. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 12:05 RedEye9

It's a mobile game! lol

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

14. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 12:01 El Pit

It's a mobile game! lol

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

13. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 11:04 HorrorScope

It's a mobile game! lol  

12. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 02:36 ForgedReality

#WhySoManyHashtags? #WeWishWeWereRelevant  

11. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 6, 2019, 22:04 RedEye9

Sigourney knew they were in for something bad when she saw crewmembers wearing raincoats. lol
https://www.vulture.com/2016/11/alien-gruesome-chestburster-scene-shock.html

10. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 6, 2019, 21:29 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 18:03:
WaltC wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 17:42:
"Alien", then next, "Aliens", were two of the creepiest, scariest sci-fi shockers ever made, imo--they still hold water after all of these years. I was in the theater during the first US theater release of Alien--and my girlfriend at the time had actually bought me the Alien "book"--an advance short-story officially released to tell the story of the movie. I read it (which I usually don't ever do prior to a film--but I was curious this time.) I even read through the part where the Alien parasite forces its way up and out of John Hurt's chest. Even so, When it happened on screen it was so dramatic and unexpected that my hand involuntarily squeezed closed, sending my large coke high in a fountaining geyser that drenched both of us--and we howled like banshees then laughed and gibbered uncontrollably! Everyone in the packed theater let loose in some capacity along with us! Priceless moment--never forget it!

E-FUCKING-XACTLY THIS IS ALIEN!

But people here want DOOM: Alien as a game because they only know the lame-ass garbage action flick abominations that fucking Hollywood crapped out as sequel turds.

BTW, I once read in a sort of post mortem movie book in the 80s that the original Alien film crew supposedly did not tell the actors what would happen during the dinner scene because they wanted to capture the most authentic shock and horror as possible.
The only guy at the table who was in on it was obviously John Hurt cuz he got that plate with the gore and special fx taped to his chest.

Not sure if it's 100% true but just imagine the lawsuits they would be facing today if they only remotely did something like this to any of these modern stuck-up Hollywood asshole actors/actresses.

I read that too, and Ridley Scott went to the fish market and bought fish guts and blood to use for the effect to make it look as real as possible, as well as add a shocking odor to the effect.

James Cameron's movie is hardly Doom though. Almost everyone is killed by the end of the film.

9. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 6, 2019, 20:57 Cutter

I'm gonna take you by surprise and make you realize, Amanda....

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

8. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 6, 2019, 18:03 CJ_Parker

WaltC wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 17:42:
"Alien", then next, "Aliens", were two of the creepiest, scariest sci-fi shockers ever made, imo--they still hold water after all of these years. I was in the theater during the first US theater release of Alien--and my girlfriend at the time had actually bought me the Alien "book"--an advance short-story officially released to tell the story of the movie. I read it (which I usually don't ever do prior to a film--but I was curious this time.) I even read through the part where the Alien parasite forces its way up and out of John Hurt's chest. Even so, When it happened on screen it was so dramatic and unexpected that my hand involuntarily squeezed closed, sending my large coke high in a fountaining geyser that drenched both of us--and we howled like banshees then laughed and gibbered uncontrollably! Everyone in the packed theater let loose in some capacity along with us! Priceless moment--never forget it!

E-FUCKING-XACTLY THIS IS ALIEN!

But people here want DOOM: Alien as a game because they only know the lame-ass garbage action flick abominations that fucking Hollywood crapped out as sequel turds.

BTW, I once read in a sort of post mortem movie book in the 80s that the original Alien film crew supposedly did not tell the actors what would happen during the dinner scene because they wanted to capture the most authentic shock and horror as possible.
The only guy at the table who was in on it was obviously John Hurt cuz he got that plate with the gore and special fx taped to his chest.

Not sure if it's 100% true but just imagine the lawsuits they would be facing today if they only remotely did something like this to any of these modern stuck-up Hollywood asshole actors/actresses.

7. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 6, 2019, 17:42 WaltC

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

6. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 6, 2019, 16:56 Simon Says

El Pit wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 14:32:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 13:56:
El Pit wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 12:57:
Amanda, you ran the first time - now take a stand, fight, and kill an alien for your mommy!

Yours truly,
El Pit (hoping to get to kill some aliens instead of watching you run like hell from it)

This time its playing on the future DNC headquarter mothership.
See what your anti gun crap has brought you.

Game into:
Amanda tries to have tea with the alien and wants to talk with it over it anti-Ripley agenda.

Next scene: the walls of the room look like they were painted red. The alien is at the center of the room tearing strips of flesh from Amanda's bones.

THE END

Post credits scene: The alien is revealed as being Hillary Clinton.
Quick cut to: Sanders firmly pumping shotgun *fade to black with dramatic music*
White on black text: Stay tuned in 2020 for the sequel, Aliens Vs Senator - Primal Revenge, availlable soon in all non DNC rigged primary polling places near you.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo