Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >


7. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2019, 21:22 Pigeon
 
That message is, please go experiment with artificial intelligence in somebody else’s neighborhood.

I thought the message was, I have the emotional intelligence of a cheese grater and threaten/use violence anytime something makes me feel uncomfortable.
 
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 

6. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2019, 19:25  Nimh 
 
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 1, 2019, 15:45:
Hey, instead of adding features no one asked for how about promising more than 2 years of support ie OS and Security updates.



ios is five years, and doesn’t take or sell your data.
 
Avatar 8716
 
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 

5. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2019, 16:01  Mr. Tact 
 
*  



"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 

4. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2019, 15:45  RedEye9 
 

Real men own phones that have 7 or more cameras.

Hey, instead of adding features no one asked for how about promising more than 2 years of support ie OS and Security updates.


 
Avatar 58135
 



Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 

3. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2019, 14:38  Cutter 
 
1.5 Billion to automate their network? So where exactly are the cost savings exactly? I can guarantee you their staff involved in their train network - prior to this couldn't have cost more than a couple of hundred grand a year. And really, the only guys they're laying off are the engineers and maybe a few others - all the maintenance people and mechanics will still be required. So they spent $1.5 to save $300k+/- a year? So they'll break even on it in a few decades?
 
Avatar 25394
 



"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 

2. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2019, 13:54  Burrito of Peace 
 
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 1, 2019, 13:00:
And then there are those people, they do the same to drones. Funny thing is I get it, I just wouldn't do it. It is a sign of loss privacy and freedom for people, but then we have to manage a population that every 10 years your highways become that much more cluttered. Something has to give in the end.

Fire the ancient fuckers in upper management who don't get that this isn't the 50s, we don't work in factories, and having a "presence" in an office is fucking stupid. Take my job, for example. 90% of what I do, I can do remotely via a secure VPN. The other 10%, ok, I'll come in one day a week. The other three days a week? I'm communicating with my teams via a messaging app or email.
 
Avatar 21247
 



"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 

1. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2019, 13:00 HorrorScope
 
And then there are those people, they do the same to drones. Funny thing is I get it, I just wouldn't do it. It is a sign of loss privacy and freedom for people, but then we have to manage a population that every 10 years your highways become that much more cluttered. Something has to give in the end.


Waymo started testing self-driving vehicles in Chandler in 2016.
Waymo did not ask the human residents if they were cool with it.
They're not cool with it.
 
Avatar 17232
 
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >