Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video

A new video from IGN is taken from MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries to show off the fog of war as well as the water of war with a look at water and fog effects as well as the destructible environments Piranha Games' upcoming mech combat game (thanks Neutronbeam). Here's a description of the game that came along with the recent news that the game is now expected on September 10th:

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will allow pilots to build, manage and guide their own mercenary unit through a multi-year campaign during the sprawling Third and Fourth Succession Wars. Whether braving missions alone, alongside AI-controlled pilots, or with the help of up to three friends via co-op play, players will face complicated situations with no perfect solution as they choose which contracts to accept, where in the galaxy to direct their attention, and how to balance repairs or upgrades with maintaining their unitís precious resources.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 29, 2018, 11:21 loomy

I liked the music and the video  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 28, 2018, 18:46 Kajetan

Osc8r wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 17:57:
Are their ingame sounds that bad they have to hide them with shitty music?
This is STILL a work in progress, nothing is final. Release date is end of next year. Until then, please refrain from speculating

9. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 17:57 Osc8r

Are their ingame sounds that bad they have to hide them with shitty music?

Hopefully this take on the franchise is better than their last attempt, especially when it comes to weapons and mech customisation (or lack thereof in MWO).

8. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 16:41 shiho

The last Mechwarrior game to have a real physics simulation engine, was Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. This one looks like another console arcade game.  

7. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 15:26 CJ_Parker

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 10:38:
I for one can't wait. Please be good, please be good.

^ this ... though I will certainly wait for a GOTY and a sale on this one. However, what they have shown so far has looked VERY decent. Please don't suck indeed!

6. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 14:19 Simon Says

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 13:02:

+1. But the formula is tried and true, so it's hard to see how they could mess it up. They would have to do something stupid like not allow key rebinding or not have mech customization.

Anyone hear if they're supporting VR out of the gate?

Never underestimate the ability of people to fuck up something that is damn near unfuckable...

5. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 13:59 verybad1

I'll probably buy it, despite the conjecture. I've just got too much history with MechWarrior to not give her a new try.

4. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 13:49 Overon

If it wasn't Piranha games, I would be more excited. But a Mechwarrior single player game is better than no Mechwarrior single player game. At least this keeps the franchise alive.  

3. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 13:02 jdreyer

+1. But the formula is tried and true, so it's hard to see how they could mess it up. They would have to do something stupid like not allow key rebinding or not have mech customization.

Anyone hear if they're supporting VR out of the gate?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

2. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 11:16 Burrito of Peace

Please be good, please be good.

Narrator: "But it wouldn't be because of Piranha Games."

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

1. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 10:38 VaranDragon

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo