Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Diablo III Season 16 Details

Battle.net offers details from Blizzard on what Diablo III players can expect from Season 16, which begins on January 18th in the action/RPG sequel. Along with an outline of new cosmetic rewards, season journey awards, seasonal conquests, and Haedrig's Gift awards, they also announce that all Seasonal players will benefit from the legendary power of the Ring of Royal Grandeur for the duration of the season. They explain what this means, and note that this will not stack with a second equipped Ring of Royal Grandeur:

Season 16 introduces a brand-new buff to the mix that will change up the way you play. For the duration of Season 16, all Seasonal players will benefit from the legendary power of the Ring of Royal Grandeur. This means you do not need to hunt down or equip the item to benefit from its Set bonus-enabling ability! Bear in mind that this buff does not stack with additional Rings of Royal Grandeur, whether they be equipped directly on your character or via the Jewelry slot in Kanai’s Cube.

For the uninitiated, this means many classes may be able to combine different Class Set bonuses in new ways—or squeeze yet another Legendary power into their favorite builds. Theorycrafters unite!—this is the season to strut your stuff, experiment to your heart’s content, and push the limits of your most perfectly crafted build. While we’ve done our own experimenting, we can’t wait to see what the community comes up with in Season 16!

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 26, 2018, 11:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

christheshitter wrote on Dec 26, 2018, 03:25:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 23:50:
Wallshadows wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 16:10:
GGG really knocked it out of the park with this league where D3 goes from being a faint memory to completely forgotten. Several end game goals keeps the grind fresh, engaging and feels meaningful along with really impressive supporter packs.

I really like PoE, especially the skill tree. However, the big flaw is how the levels reset if you're away too long. Then you have to fight your way through the same level again. So that's really turned me off.

That's an awful feature! Why do they do that?

Undoubtedly it's a server memory issue, tons of 'open' maps that players leave open probably strain resources quite a bit. It is really annoying in game though if you spend too long sorting inventory or whatever. It feels like the cutoff time is around 8-12 minutes or so? Definitely runs shorter during peak hours.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 26, 2018, 03:25 christheshitter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 23:50:
GGG really knocked it out of the park with this league where D3 goes from being a faint memory to completely forgotten. Several end game goals keeps the grind fresh, engaging and feels meaningful along with really impressive supporter packs.

I really like PoE, especially the skill tree. However, the big flaw is how the levels reset if you're away too long. Then you have to fight your way through the same level again. So that's really turned me off.

That's an awful feature! Why do they do that?

15. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 25, 2018, 19:02 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 25, 2018, 06:27:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 25, 2018, 05:56:
D3 does two things better than POE: cinematics and story.

No. No it doesn't. Hopefully you mean production values, because the way the story is told, the voice acting, the writing, everything about it is Disney Diablo for Little Babies. It's terrible.

Yes, I meant production value. There are no cinematics in POE.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

14. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 25, 2018, 06:27 VaranDragon

Kxmode wrote on Dec 25, 2018, 05:56:
D3 does two things better than POE: cinematics and story.

No. No it doesn't. Hopefully you mean production values, because the way the story is told, the voice acting, the writing, everything about it is Disney Diablo for Little Babies. It's terrible.

13. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 25, 2018, 05:56 Kxmode

Simon Says wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 21:36:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 20:34:
Or... you could play Path of Exile.

I have no idea what all the fuss is about this game... Tried it, couldn't bear it. I loved D1-2-3 and many other "clones", but PoE is a complete snorefest in comparison of even the worst diablo clones I played.

I have 189 hours logged for Path of Exile.
I have 44 hours logged for Diablo 3.

I've played both to completion and far into each's end game content to know POE is a superior game. D3 does two things better than POE: cinematics and story. I wasn't big on the story in POE, but the gameplay is hands down far better. POE's skill tree is so unique and provides a great amount of freedom to customize as you wish, and should you wish to try another, orbs of regret let you reset everything.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 25, 2018, 02:14 VaranDragon

Alamar wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 12:51:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 12:32:
Xero wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 12:19:
Seriously, how do they keep going on with this? lol.
came here to say this

I used to wonder the same thing when they did it with D2, but apparently, and I know this is an odd concept... There are a ton of other people, that love this shit ; )

In D2 it at least made some sense. New builds required new character builds, and there were a ton of them. Also the added "fun" of having PKers entering your game to fuck you all up while you did Baal runs (Im talking about Hardcore here) was tension building and added a rush to the game unlike any other. Also the ladders were really easy to understand. Everyone starts at lvl 1. Whoever gets to lvl99 first or stays in the lead with the XP until the end of the ladder season wins.

11. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 23:50 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

10. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 22:48 Suppa7

Simon Says wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 21:36:
What's GGG?

Grinding Gear games. The people who made Path of Exile.

9. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 21:36 Simon Says

Kxmode wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 20:34:

I have no idea what all the fuss is about this game... Tried it, couldn't bear it. I loved D1-2-3 and many other "clones", but PoE is a complete snorefest in comparison of even the worst diablo clones I played.

GGG really knocked it out of the park with this league where D3 goes from being a faint memory to completely forgotten.

What's GGG?

8. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 20:34 Kxmode

7. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 17:30 christheshitter

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 13:27:
At least they're trying something a little different this time. It's not Path of Exile where you get a major new mutator, but an inherent RRoG passive could have a significant impact on some character builds.

Please speak English! Not everyone understands what does abbreviations stands for.

6. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 16:10 Wallshadows

5. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 14:10 Simon Says

That's not the most interesting part...

They're gonna try to at last give every class set the same power. So you don't have just 1 or 2 options at best ( most centered around the same set ) for every class.

I'm hoping it'll finally lead to diversity, which means not every solo monk, for example, will be a Wave of Light build.

4. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 13:27 jacobvandy

At least they're trying something a little different this time. It's not Path of Exile where you get a major new mutator, but an inherent RRoG passive could have a significant impact on some character builds.  

3. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 12:51 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 12:32:
came here to say this

I used to wonder the same thing when they did it with D2, but apparently, and I know this is an odd concept... There are a ton of other people, that love this shit ; )

2. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 12:32 RedEye9

came here to say this

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

1. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 12:19 Xero

Moooaaaar reasons to griiiiiind!!!!

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo