Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Street Fighter V Free Weekend

Street Fighter V is currently free to play on Steam, offering the chance to sample the latest installment in Capcom's fighting series (thanks Ant). This actually started a couple of days ago (it's hard to keep track of all the freebies these days!) and will run until December 18th or 19th, depending on which part of their announcement you believe. As is usually the case, the game is also on sale for those who decide it's worth buying. This post has the details:

We’re hosting a free trial, which will begin on December 11 at 1pm PT (download begins at 9am PT) and will end on December 19 at 9:59am PT. The Steam client is required to take part in the trial. All the initial content from the original Street Fighter V and the modes introduced in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition are included for free during this time.

16 Characters – All 16 original characters are included in this free trial, including the legendary Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken, and M. Bison! This is also your chance to try out characters who are new to Street Fighter V like the electrifying Laura, nimble Rashid, and tricky F.A.N.G. As a bonus, three fan-favorite DLC characters will be available for free during this trial: Guile, Akuma, and Sagat! These three characters are only available in Ranked, Casual, Battle Lounge, Training, and Challenges.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 19, 2018, 00:58 Suppa7

Strider83 wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 23:22:
I remember a time when this site and it's comment sections were about computers and computer games.

Yeah unfortunately gaming went to shit with the rise of internet, we now no longer get mods, level editors and all the coolshit with AAA games. So PC gaming is no longer what it once was with the game industry now having taken control of the games thanks to morons feeding micro-transaction money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 16, 2018, 10:02 Beamer

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 19:45:
I remember a time when this site and it's comment sections were about computers and computer games. Not a bunch of assholes pushing their political agenda or political opinions in every single thread. A bunch of politics, bitching, whining and complaining. Makes me sick. Been coming here over 15 years and no longer enjoy reading or participating in these sections because of this bullshit.

What the fuck are you talking about? 15 years ago we were yelling at each other about the Iraq War, Fahrenheit 9/11, and Bush vs Kerry. Check my comment history if you don't believe me (or don't because I was wrong about an awful lot).

Ha! Yeah, just saw a few topics if you and Creston arguing fiscal conservatism, trickle-down, and American exceptionalism.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

16. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 20:18 Zoom

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 13:34:
(...) while taking a knee and listening to satanic music.
Is that still a thing with the alt right ? Thought that was 40 years ago ("satanic music" used to be jazz then rock n roll) ?

Otherwise you had almost nailed it on the first paragraph, the following ones were using too elaborate words and sentences to make it believable

15. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 19:45 Scottish Martial Arts

I remember a time when this site and it's comment sections were about computers and computer games. Not a bunch of assholes pushing their political agenda or political opinions in every single thread. A bunch of politics, bitching, whining and complaining. Makes me sick. Been coming here over 15 years and no longer enjoy reading or participating in these sections because of this bullshit.

What the fuck are you talking about? 15 years ago we were yelling at each other about the Iraq War, Fahrenheit 9/11, and Bush vs Kerry. Check my comment history if you don't believe me (or don't because I was wrong about an awful lot).

14. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 11:18 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 10:09:
I remember a time ...
Get a grip Francis.
OMG!!!! ...

Also you know this is a joke right?
Awe, you ruined it
In his defense, Poe's law.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 10:56 Beamer

There's still way, way, way more bitching, whining, and complaining about PC games than, well "PC" games. As I keep repeating, and should make my signature, no one is more offended and wounded than the PC gamer.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 10:09 RedEye9

I remember a time ...
Get a grip Francis.
OMG!!!! ...

Awe, you ruined it

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

11. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 09:25 VaranDragon

OMG!!!! why do we allow these game devs to continue to impose their liberal agenda on us? If you never heard of it; Street Fighter, is a game in which one lone American Christian Patriot named Guile has to defend himself hordes of minority invaders.

Rather then putting America first and staging the battles on top of a glorious wall adorned with christian cross's and murals of Jesus along the southern border of Texas, Capcom forces the player to travel to different communist shit hole country's that don't even respect western values.

This game is also favored by misandrist feminist as it simulates, normalizes, and glorify's violence and abuse against men.

Forcing players to play dress up dolls is another important liberal psyops operation of the game. Street fighter allows young male players to unlock various vibrantly colored costumes, designed to entice them into a transgender or homosexual lifestyle rather then honoring the flag and joining the military to defending America from communist scum. So, don't be surprised when little Johnny starts violently demanding to use the woman's bathroom while taking a knee and listening to satanic music.

Capcom thinks their Liberal Social Justice Warriors are so WOKE, but I think its time they go broke. #GetWokeGoBroke

How was that, am I am ready to join the Anti-SJW crusade?

Pretty funny. Though it would have been better without you pointing out that it's tongue in cheek.

10. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 09:25 Jivaro

This is the least fun version of Street Fighter I have ever played, and it's easily the worst "AAA" fighter of this console generation.  

9. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 06:57 christheshitter

You give away your money to a scummy company as Capcom?  

8. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 03:00 jdreyer

I already own SF IV. What's the new one got that the old one doesn't?  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 02:58 jdreyer

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 02:04:
I apologies that I ruined your bluesnews with my so called "joke". How can I make it up to you?

Things have gotten so bad that Poe's law was in full effect: I couldn't tell if you were kidding or being sincere.

Reading it as humor, I thought it was pretty good.

6. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 02:07 Riahderymnmaddog

I apologies that I ruined the bluesnews with my so called "joke". How can I make it up to you?

5. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 02:04 Riahderymnmaddog

I apologies that I ruined your bluesnews with my so called "joke". How can I make it up to you?  

4. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 00:32 born2expire

J wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 15:20:
Guile's theme goes with everything

its my ringtone

3. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 14, 2018, 23:22 Strider83

2. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 14, 2018, 15:20 J

Guile's theme goes with everything  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

1. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 14, 2018, 13:34 Riahderymnmaddog

OMG!!!! why do we allow these game devs to continue to impose their liberal agenda on us? If you never heard of it; Street Fighter, is a game in which one lone American Christian Patriot named Guile has to defend himself hordes of minority invaders.

Rather then putting America first and staging the battles on top of a glorious wall adorned with christian cross's and murals of Jesus along the southern border of Texas, Capcom forces the player to travel to different communist shit hole country's that don't even respect western values.

This game is also favored by misandrist feminist as it simulates, normalizes, and glorify's violence and abuse against men.

Forcing players to play dress up dolls is another important liberal psyops operation of the game. Street fighter allows young male players to unlock various vibrantly colored costumes, designed to entice them into a transgender or homosexual lifestyle rather then honoring the flag and joining the military to defending America from communist scum. So, don't be surprised when little Johnny starts violently demanding to use the woman's bathroom while taking a knee and listening to satanic music.

Capcom thinks their Liberal Social Justice Warriors are so WOKE, but I think its time they go broke. #GetWokeGoBroke

How was that, am I am ready to join the Anti-SJW crusade?

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2018, 14:39.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo