Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc., etc.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 8, 2018, 14:38 HorrorScope

Moog wrote on Dec 8, 2018, 11:01:
Do customers really give a shit about the community on Steam?

I think this alludes to a lot more than that, it's more about the overall weight outsiders can have on a games sale.

Steam got that way over time because that is what people wanted.

Epic starts back at most basics, so it's going to ignore what the people want for what the developer thinks is going to sell more copies? By taking the voice away it become like almost all the other front-ends. Well do those front-ends sell more because they squelch users? I don't think so.

The 12% will be king because the other things they think are a problem can't be fixed or don't matter. Can't be fixed... with so many releases your game can't just stick easily saying here I'm for sale. That is a problem of numbers, screen space and the human mind. The negative waves of blah blah that can hurt sales,doesn't hit even the majority of releases, so the concern is for the minority it does and you are going to do that by shutting up customers? Good luck, they will demand it or find another place to get the skinny.

I get what Epic and the sellers are after, I think what they will find out in time, Steam has a lot more of what the overall want buyer and seller and that it organically became what it is because of everyone's voice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 8, 2018, 11:01 Moog

Do customers really give a shit about the community on Steam?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo