Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Far Cry New Dawn in February

Ubisoft officially unveiled Far Cry New Dawn at the Game Awards, saying the next installment in the shooter series has a February 15, 2019 release date. To prepare us, the Far Cry Website has a few articles up explaining the game's setting in Hope, Montana, 17 years after a nuclear catastrophe and offer this trailer showing a Mad Max vibe. Here's more on the open world game:

Today at The Game Awards, Ubisoft unveiled Far Cry® New Dawn, the newest installment of the award-winning Far Cry franchise. Set in a breathtaking post-apocalyptic world, Far Cry New Dawn will release on February 15, 2019 for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Windows PC. Players can pre-order Far Cry New Dawn now for $39.99.

Set seventeen years after a global nuclear catastrophe, Far Cry New Dawn brings players into a wildly beautiful and radically transformed Hope County, Montana. Life has begun to emerge from the chaos, but the survivors now face a new threat – the merciless Highwaymen and their leaders The Twins, Mickey and Lou. Raised in a lawless frontier, the twin sisters and their band of scavengers live only for today and have descended upon Hope County to take all available resources. To push back this devastating threat, players must help the Survivors grow stronger, craft a makeshift arsenal and form unexpected alliances to fight for survival in a dangerous new frontier.

At the Homebase, players will prepare to face off against the threat of the Highwaymen. The Homebase, called Prosperity, is the stronghold of the Survivors. Here, players can craft makeshift weapons and vehicles and train their Guns for Hire – including new and familiar faces. As players progress, they can upgrade the Homebase for more powerful weapons and gear. The Homebase is also a launchpad to Expeditions, where for the first time in Far Cry, the adventure is more than local. Set in memorable locations across the US, from wetlands to canyons and more, Expeditions drop players into unique locations where they must grab a package of valuable materials and get out, quickly.

Developed by Ubisoft Montreal with support from Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Kiev and Ubisoft Bucharest, Far Cry New Dawn is a first-person shooter set in a completely open world. The standalone sequel to Far Cry® 5, Far Cry New Dawn thrusts players into a brilliant post-apocalyptic setting where they will encounter a dual threat – The Twins, Mickey and Lou. Players can recruit an eclectic cast of Guns and Fangs for Hire, or a Friend for Hire for co-op play, to experience unpredictable, unforgettable Far Cry Moments where anything can happen.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 12, 2018, 13:48 Xero

I've been playing Far Cry 5 often in the past couple weeks since I bought it and while I'm enjoying it thus far, I can already tell that it is going to get boring on me in a bit. It just becomes repetitive similar to all the rest.

I'm not sure if I'll grab the expansion or standalone as I suppose this is going to be released as. Doesn't seem like my cup of tea. I think what I enjoy most of Far Cry 5 is when it is pushing on realism more so than shenanigans. Probably why I never tried Primal.

Now if these damn developers would get their head right and push a straight up Jurassic Park type of game, I'll be all for it. The potential is soooo there with these engines, what the hell are they waiting for??

Bring on a proper TRESPASSER game!!!!

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 21:59 jdreyer

Drayth wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 15:02:
Not so much. Blood Dragon was def it's own (awesome) thing. This is a direct sequel to FC5.

True, I guess I meant scope-wise.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

21. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 21:20 Dacron

Drayth wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 10:55:
I guess this is like Primal where they tweaked an existing map to make a game out of. Not complaining, just sayin'. Bring on the neon buffalo!

Who runs Borderlands Town??

Far Cry Blood dragon was the same, almost a full game for 1/2 price.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

20. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 15:02 Drayth

Not so much. Blood Dragon was def it's own (awesome) thing. This is a direct sequel to FC5.  

19. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 14:32 jdreyer

I assume this is somewhat akin to what Blood Dragon was a to FC3.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

18. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 11:13 Beamer

Drayth wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 10:55:
I guess this is like Primal where they tweaked an existing map to make a game out of. Not complaining, just sayin'. Bring on the neon buffalo!

I'd guess even less tweaked, though I did not play Primal. Primal was a $60 release, and has hardly been discounted. This is being released discounted (though still expensive.)

It looks like FC5.5, or even 5.2. FC5 had absolutely no endgame, which sucked. This is the endgame it deserved, plus probably a bunch of other stuff bolted on.

Prior to FC5, I was probably one of the biggest FC fans here. FC3 & 4 were a ton of fun. But I'll wait and see on this. FC5 was ok. Pretty solid, but ok. I had too many small gripes that added up to a dull game with some very fun moments.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 10:58 HorrorScope

Seems pricey, but looks like it could be fun.  

16. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 10:55 Drayth

15. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 10:32 Darks

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 02:11:
Sooo nobody is worried? Nobody heard of a next FC instalment and now it's unveiled and releases in TWO MONTHS? Was I the only one confused, wondering for a while if this was actually a FC5 DLC? FC5 had zero innovation so please expect nothing from this game.

FC won't be interesting to me anymore unless they go back to the drawing board and bring us something new, a la what happened with the AC titles since AC Origins.

I'll wait for Rage 2 instead. And on that note: this'll probably become a lawsuit.

Two months? where the hell have you been hiding? The original game came out in March. Plus they have released 3 Add on DLC's all created by separate studios.

You dont like it, fine, move on Quinn.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

14. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 08:44 RedEye9

Wow
Trailer looks good but damn is it busy.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 08:05 Beamer

Red886 wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 01:26:
the main villains are ugly, and of course , lame stream game journalists are supporting it as black feminist androgynist empowerment. Probably how the SJW liberals designers want it to be too. (continuation of Ubi bs) Geez, Keesha Sharp is smolderingly hot (lethal weapon tv series) . Why not use her as a model... ( Ubi is prob thinking that prejudiced against ugly woman, but they are fine with prejudice against ugly men)

and gameplay itself looks like a reskin DLC of FC5 attempting to copy RAGE 2 but without the fun factor, ala Primal.

Did this massive whine sound smart or reasonable to you? Do you ever wonder if you spend too much time worrying about the wrong things, or do you ever realize that online rants such as this make you a social justice warrior?

Anyway, it's $40,of course it isn't a fully realized sequel.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 05:09 CJ_Parker

I just finally finished FC5 last week. I'm down for a sequel but only if Hurk and Adelaide come back.  

11. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 04:40 mellis

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 02:11:
Sooo nobody is worried? Nobody heard of a next FC instalment and now it's unveiled and releases in TWO MONTHS?

My thoughts exactly. Looks like a DLC for the - I'm sad to say - forgettable FC5.

This recent wave of low effort content like Black Ops, Fallout 76, this title, needs to be smacked down.

10. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 04:17 Osc8r

They figured it was better/longer than their crappy ass DLC's, so they were like… maybe we can charge the muppets $45 for this.

Then they were like, how else can we troll these muppets... and the box art / villains were born.

End well this will not.

9. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 02:11 Quinn

Sooo nobody is worried? Nobody heard of a next FC instalment and now it's unveiled and releases in TWO MONTHS? Was I the only one confused, wondering for a while if this was actually a FC5 DLC? FC5 had zero innovation so please expect nothing from this game.

FC won't be interesting to me anymore unless they go back to the drawing board and bring us something new, a la what happened with the AC titles since AC Origins.

I'll wait for Rage 2 instead. And on that note: this'll probably become a lawsuit.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

8. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 01:54 jdreyer

Red886 wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 01:26:
the main villains are ugly, and of course , lame stream game journalists are supporting it as black feminist androgynist empowerment. Probably how the SJW liberals designers want it to be too. (continuation of Ubi bs) Geez, Keesha Sharp is smolderingly hot (lethal weapon tv series) . Why not use her as a model... ( Ubi is prob thinking that prejudiced against ugly woman, but they are fine with prejudice against ugly men)

and gameplay itself looks like a reskin DLC of FC5 attempting to copy RAGE 2 but without the fun factor, ala Primal.

LOL, you sound so butthurt.

7. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 01:54 jdreyer

FarCryOut V

What Fallout 76 should have been.

6. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 01:34 SirKnight

This does remind me of how Rage 2 is looking. I'm definitely looking forward to continuing where FC5 left off.

The herd culling continues.

Only yoooooooooooooooooooou.

5. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 01:26 Red886

4. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 01:17 El Pit

Soooo... is this TC of Far Cry 5 just a new DLC? Will the game be nice price from day one? If not... Well, I can wait until the price of FC5 version 2 is going down, down, down.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo