Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial

SQUARE ENIX announces a free trial is now available for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the latest (yet earliest) Lara Croft adventure. The Windows version is available through Steam, where it is also currently on sale, and the free period runs for the next two days. This post explains further:

Experience the beginning of Lara Croft's defining adventure with the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial. Journey to Cozumel, Mexico in the midst of The Day of the Dead celebrations, where Lara and her trusted friend Jonah must race against Trinity to find a hidden tomb.

Immerse yourself in Lara’s newest adventure, and see why critics are calling this a thrilling conclusion to Lara Croft’s origin story. After completing the trial, those who purchase Shadow of the Tomb Raider will resume right where they left off, keeping all of their progress and unlocks.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial Dec 7, 2018, 13:11 Xero

aka_STEVE wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 08:07:
DO we really need a trial to test it out ??

Are people expecting it to be radically different this time around & are so unsure they need a test ??

If you didn't know by now here you go - it's trying to be female Uncharted. More action, shooting, sneaking & combat than actual tomb raiding or exploring. Enjoy !

You clearly didn't read the latest reviews or play this one then. It's entirely the opposite. This one is more tomb raiding and exploring than combat. It's actually underwhelming the lack of combat in this one.

While I personally don't mind because the visuals are gorgeous and I do enjoy the puzzle aspect within the game, I do feel at times the lack of combat makes me question all the weaponry and weapon upgrades. It's like... for what?

Either way I've been having a blast with it. I think it's become my favorite of the 3 for sure.

Primarily playing ATM: Shadow of Tomb Raider, FarCry 5, Warhammer 2, Shadow Warrior 2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial Dec 7, 2018, 09:03 Alamar

aka_STEVE wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 08:07:

Uhm... Yes...

Loved the first reboot... Liked the follow up... Have seen too many complaints about this one to just buy it, so a 'demo' is perfect... If I wasn't already busy with the new PoE League starting in 5h ; )

5. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial Dec 7, 2018, 08:07 aka_STEVE

Are people expecting it to be radically different this time around & are so unsure they need a test ??

If you didn't know by now here you go - it's trying to be female Uncharted. More action, shooting, sneaking & combat than actual tomb raiding or exploring. Enjoy !

4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial Dec 7, 2018, 04:54 CJ_Parker

I agree. I don't have a problem with it either. The only people who are really affected by Denuvo are the hardware sites sometimes when they benchmark new CPUs and run into the 5 CPUs/24h limit but for us regular plebs it's unintrusive and all the FUD (SSD degradation and bullshit like that) has proven to be unfounded in reality.  

3. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial Dec 7, 2018, 02:27 El Pit

Don't get all that denuvo BS - unlike Starforce it seems to be no problem unless you are one of the guys who don't want to pay the price and take for free what is not theirs as early as possible.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

2. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial Dec 6, 2018, 21:12 CJ_Parker

Got my Denuvo fix and my worst fears have been confirmed. The game starts with equally abysmal writing as the last one. I really can't stand that mentally retarded three year old dumb brute Jonah. The exchanges between him and Lara are once again completely unbearable. Dumbest "dialogues" ever.

And without spoiling anything since this is literally the opening scene: WTF was that shit where he had to "save" her from that collapsing cave? What the fucking fuck???

After all that she's been through in the last two games you'd think that she just might perhaps be able to guess that, you know, ESCAPING from an obviously collapsing cave instead of continuing LEISURELY TAKING FUCKING PHOTOS might be a semi-smart idea, no?

Completely out of this world super-stupid shit like that immediately ruined any hope that the writing/script or the dialogues could be better than in RotTR.

If anything it gave me the first impression that they have tried their best to set all new negative records.
It's almost like they read the complaints on the previous game and thought to themselves "Oh yeah? You thought we did pretty bad in Rise? Well, you ain't seen nuthin yet, fuckers!".

I'll make sure to grab the Croft edition only after all DLC has been released and when the game is selling for single digits.
The gameplay and the exploration might be quite fun again like in Rise but fuck off with that abysmal writing and acting.
Any middle school drama class can do a better job than the digital counterparts of Lara, Jonah & co.

It's a real shame. These last two games could have been so much more with better dialogues, scripts, acting, characterization etc. (the actual plot of Rise was simple but OK imo... the main problem is/was the abysmal delivery).

1. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial Dec 6, 2018, 20:09 Acleacius

Now get your denuvo installed for free!  

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo