Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Killing Floor 2 Free Content and Free Weekend

Steam News announces a free weekend is underway in Killing Floor 2 as Tripwire Interactive celebrates the release of Killing Floor 2 Twisted Christmas 2018, which features a couple of new maps along with all sorts of additional holiday content, including the inimitable Gary Busey as Badass Santa. Here's a Season's Beatings Launch Trailer for Twisted Christmas, which takes advantage of Busey's eloquence, and here's word:

In celebration of Killing Floor 2's Twisted Christmas update, play Killing Floor 2 for FREE starting now through Monday at 10AM Pacific Time. You can also pickup Killing Floor 2 at 67% off the regular price!*

The update includes new maps, 4 new weapons, play as Badass Santa and much more!

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Patches Dec 7, 2018, 08:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

TheBigVlad wrote on Dec 6, 2018, 23:47:
Can I join a random pub game and expect to do ok as a total newb? I have had this game installed for a long time but I only tried it once, and that was solo. I got crushed but it was kind of fun.

Just start on normal difficulty, use weapons from your class pool, and stay with your team. Let experienced players shoot the bigger Zeds first (Fleshpounds, Scrakes), always aim for the head, conserve ammo.

The reality is you will get carried with almost any group of experienced players in Normal and Hard games, and you shouldn't try any higher difficulties until your perks are leveled up to 10-15 or so.

The game is pretty forgiving these days, just avoid ammo dumping on enemy chest/legs instead of heads, aside from the Robots, which you have to chest shoot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Content and Free Weekend Dec 7, 2018, 08:11 aka_STEVE

It is a great, fun game but I go months between playing because I am seriously so impatient I don't want to sit through the absolutely, excruciatingly long load times - just to get to the menu !!!

After you get there , it is all very smooth & fast. No game I have ever played has taken soooo loonnngg to load ....It drives me crazy.
( as you can tell )

3. Re: Morning Patches Dec 7, 2018, 00:09 LOC

I go months and months between matches sometimes, and in public servers I usually have a great time. I find the KF community is awesome most of the time, offering help and advice, and almost always giving out dosh (money) when you ask or need it.

As for going in totally blind, yeah you should be fine.

2. Re: Morning Patches Dec 6, 2018, 23:47 TheBigVlad

Can I join a random pub game and expect to do ok as a total newb? I have had this game installed for a long time but I only tried it once, and that was solo. I got crushed but it was kind of fun.  

1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Content and Free Weekend Dec 6, 2018, 22:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Played a few rounds of the Christmas patch yesterday... the Tommy Gun is okay, I don't think I'll be using it much as SWAT, the other guns are either higher damage and/or more accurate. The fire axe RMB damage is nice, but too slow for my liking. LMB damage and speed is great though!

The grind to get the battle axe is a little surprising, but shouldn't be too bad. 25 wins vs bosses, probably easier just to grind Endless for awhile if that still counts.

Congrats, Tripwire. You suckered me into reinstalling one more time.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo