Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Dec 7, 2018, 11:50 ldonyo

Bitterbug wrote on Dec 6, 2018, 22:42:
Anything that gives you a dopamine hit can be addictive if you're wired for it.
Some devs/publishers of sites and games have based their whole business model around targeting these people.
That's why treatment should center on the individual, not the current obsession of the individual. That seems to be the part most often missed by the media in their rush to find something to blame for society's ills.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: etc., etc. Dec 7, 2018, 02:19 jdreyer

rist3903 wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 01:49:
I have just started dabbling in Elite Dangerous. It looks like it would be amazing in VR.

Dude, it's the bomb. It's the game, times 10. I'm rocking a Samsung Odyssey (on sale for $417 right now), but there are less expensive alternatives like this one from Dell for $259, or this one from HP for $223.

And even though they insist the minimum graphics card is a 1070 GTX, my Odyssey worked fine with my old 670 GTX, despite the Odyssey having 30% more resolution than most other headsets out there.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

4. Re: etc., etc. Dec 7, 2018, 01:49 rist3903

I have just started dabbling in Elite Dangerous. It looks like it would be amazing in VR.

3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 7, 2018, 01:43 Red886

one whole article and no mention of addiction clinics for gaming in China , South Korea ? ( which was around YEARS before this issue/idea cropped up among Western society)  

2. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Dec 6, 2018, 22:42 Bitterbug

Anything that gives you a dopamine hit can be addictive if you're wired for it.
Some devs/publishers of sites and games have based their whole business model around targeting these people.

and re: the comment about Elite in VR. It's effin gorgeous

1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 6, 2018, 21:16 jdreyer

I'm addicted to Elite in VR. Is there a 12-step program for that?  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo