Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fortnite Creative Announced

Epic Games announces Fortnite Creative, a new work-in-progress mode for Fortnite that will debut tomorrow. Like Captain Jack, this takes you to your own special island, and the Creative part refers to how this will allow you to create your own mini-game modes for other players, or cinematic masterpieces if what you really want to do is direct. This circles back to the pre-battle royale Fortnite with an emphasis on construction, and the original game's premium price point, as this starts out as part of the Season 7 Battle Pass. Free-to-play gamers need not fear, though, as this will become available to all starting December 13th. You can find all the details in this post:

Thereís something new coming in Season 7Ö Fortnite Creative!

WHATíS FORTNITE CREATIVE?
Itís a brand new way to experience the world of Fortnite, available on December 6. Design games, race around the island, battle your friends in new ways and build your dream Fortnite. Itís all happening on your own private island where everything you make is saved.

Battle Pass owners will have access to a private island for the first week of Season 7. During this early access week Battle Pass owners can invite their friends to play on their island. Starting December 13, all players will have access to a private island for free. Watch the video below for all the details.

THEREíS MUCH MORE TO COME
Fortnite Creative is new and exciting, but not final. Weíll be adding many new features and improvements over the next few updates. Like Battle Royale and Save the World, weíre committed to making this bigger and better over time.

HOW-TO: FORTNITE CREATIVE
Weíve enlisted the help of some of Fortniteís most imaginative community leaders to get you up to speed on Creative and all of its features. Check out their videos here:

ENGLISH

SPANISH

FRENCH

Start building your dream Fortnite tomorrow!

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 18:26 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 15:51:
ForgedReality wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 15:41:
Nobody cares about this rattle toy for 9 year olds, and, frankly, I'm fucking sick of hearing about it everywhere I look. Why are little kids ruining the planet?

Relevant.

Also, too.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 17:10 RedEye9

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 13:50:
MrBone wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 12:31:
The less I hear/see about Fortnite, the better. I can't fathom its appeal. Looks like they have a gold-mine for the time being, though.

At this point, people hate on it BECAUSE itís popular.
EXACTLY
bingo was his nay-mo

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The gameís afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

10. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 17:07 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 15:51:
Nobody cares about this rattle toy for 9 year olds, and, frankly, I'm fucking sick of hearing about it everywhere I look. Why are little kids ruining the planet?

Relevant.
yep

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The gameís afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

9. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 16:10 Osc8r

So many butt hurt old timers ITT.

Some people find it enjoyable because a) It's competitive b) Having one life and outliving 99 other players is a lot more challenging and rewarding than just trying to top a scoreboard round, after round, after round, after round... or killing mindless AI in some boring ass single player game with a lame story that's been told 10,000 times before.

Also, a large map with random end zones makes the game feel a lot more dynamic than your typical 10 feet square sized 'maps' found in shooters, that never really change, have 'out of bounds', and are on endless repeat...and when you do kill someone, chances are they will be back in your face 30 seconds later. Then there's the modes that are just musical chairs with cap points, yay?

Not only that, but the BR genre allows you to pretty much play a competitive shooter in co-op with some friends and not be punished for it.

The way i see it is BR is simply the next evolution of the competitive shooter genre, which lets be honest, has been stagnant and boring AF since Quake World.

Also, who doesn't enjoy wrecking a 10 year in a $50 skin that he spent 6 months of his life begging his mom for?

Now get off my damn lawn and get with the times.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2018, 19:04.

8. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 15:51 Burrito of Peace

Relevant.

7. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 15:41 ForgedReality

6. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 15:35 HoSpanky

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 14:59:
The less I hear/see about Fortnite, the better. I can't fathom its appeal. Looks like they have a gold-mine for the time being, though.

At this point, people hate on it BECAUSE itís popular. But I donít understand why the Battle Royale mode is so popular. Itís incredibly basic.

I really enjoyed the Save The World mode, but itís neglected by the devs in favor of the more popular mode. Theyíre adding more story content, which is delivered entirely through voiceovers during missions. THAT is the stuff I play for, their writers and voice actors are top notch. The end of the world is being mitigated by a woefully unprepared and easily excitable robot with only a prefunctory understanding of humans. Like Portal, the voicework is perfect, and elevates the game more than youíd expect. When STW goes free to play, I suggest checking it out.
Yeah I liked the idea of of the "build a base and defend it against zombies" concept of the original. I was waiting to see if they allowed you to play that mode single player.

Also, They Are Billions is at the top of my wish list.

You absolutely can play it single player, just set your game mode to private and every round will be just you. This does make it incredibly harder to complete a mission, as some mission modes kind of expect you to have helpers. Thereís a few specific missions that are impossible in solo. Most of the time, randos are fine.

5. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 14:59 jdreyer

At this point, people hate on it BECAUSE itís popular. But I donít understand why the Battle Royale mode is so popular. Itís incredibly basic.

I really enjoyed the Save The World mode, but itís neglected by the devs in favor of the more popular mode. Theyíre adding more story content, which is delivered entirely through voiceovers during missions. THAT is the stuff I play for, their writers and voice actors are top notch. The end of the world is being mitigated by a woefully unprepared and easily excitable robot with only a prefunctory understanding of humans. Like Portal, the voicework is perfect, and elevates the game more than youíd expect. When STW goes free to play, I suggest checking it out.
Yeah I liked the idea of of the "build a base and defend it against zombies" concept of the original. I was waiting to see if they allowed you to play that mode single player.

Also, They Are Billions is at the top of my wish list.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

4. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 14:17 chickenboo

i've never actually played Fortnite, nor PubG. I've been thinking of trying it on my Switch or on my phone just for the novelty.

Remember when Minecraft was the hugest thing among younger gamers? It has since faded. Fortnite will fade too, give it a couple more years when some upstart contender comes along with simplified gameplay compared to the bloated future Fortnite. It's like playing the fresh new Overwatch after TF2 has been out for a decade.

Quake Champions is more my jam, anyway, and it doesn't have some silly building-a-base-on-the-fly mechanic. Back in my day a man had to stand at the inventory terminal and spam "hurry up with that station!" and then carry the turret and the supply station and force field and floating platform one by one to his mini-base just for some damn Heavy with a mortar to blow it to pieces

3. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 14:04 Luke

At this point, people hate on it BECAUSE itís popular

What!?

2. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 13:50 HoSpanky

1. Re: Fortnite Creative Announced Dec 5, 2018, 12:31 MrBone

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo