Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2018, 15:52 Kain

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 15:39:
Ask the slaves workers at Foxconn how nice a company Apple is. Apple is a walled garden and Android is not. Apple builds products entirely predicated on planned obsolescence making them a nightmare for the environment. It's like saying one fascist dictator is worse than the rest. They're both evil as fuck.

They're all mostly assembled in the same places and conditions these days. Last time I checked the Play Store was a walled garden too. About the only saving grace for Android is the ability to sideload an app and even then you better be careful about the source. Apple has started making phones for the long haul by the way, your info is outdated. They know people aren't going to be upgrading every year anymore, iOS 12 was all about making older devices run better and longevity.

I've owned both and don't really care what other people but the misinformation and angst directed at Apple when Google is just as guilty is what I was correcting here. Also at least with Apple I know they just want my money, Google wants to own every piece of info related to you to funnel into their main revenue line.

But yes whoever wins, we lose and all that drama.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2018, 15:39 Cutter

Kain wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 12:54:
Apple has a pretty good history of protecting users from government bodies and authorities unlike Google. The Play Store has also had its share of absurd malware spreads anyway. But who needs to worry about other people hacking your phone when you can have Google itself toggling features on and off in real time without updates? Think about that one the next time you're sitting on the crapper with your Android phone.

Google scares me as a corp a lot more than Apple. At least with Apple they are just selling a product. With Google you are the product.

Ask the slaves workers at Foxconn how nice a company Apple is. Apple is a walled garden and Android is not. Apple builds products entirely predicated on planned obsolescence making them a nightmare for the environment. It's like saying one fascist dictator is worse than the rest. They're both evil as fuck.

"If the snow begins to fall and you can't find the fire, let the water wash away your sins." - Hope County Choir

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2018, 13:29 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 13:13:
Just wait until you have technology embedded in your body, then this stuff will be REALLY scary...
Bruce knows how to take care of that embedded issue. NSFW

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2018, 13:13 Mr. Tact

Just wait until you have technology embedded in your body, then this stuff will be REALLY scary...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2018, 12:54 Kain

Apple has a pretty good history of protecting users from government bodies and authorities unlike Google. The Play Store has also had its share of absurd malware spreads anyway. But who needs to worry about other people hacking your phone when you can have Google itself toggling features on and off in real time without updates? Think about that one the next time you're sitting on the crapper with your Android phone.

Google scares me as a corp a lot more than Apple. At least with Apple they are just selling a product. With Google you are the product.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2018, 11:26 RedEye9

Apple, protecting their little saplings applings like no one else can.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo