Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Had an odd incident this morning where I accidentally dropped a poop bag while walking the dogs, and came home to find a post about it on the local Facebook community page. Everyone who responded to the photo of the bag expressed anger based on the assumption this was left behind intentionally. After I posted an explanation and apology, another handful of posts showed up, continuing to complain about what awful behavior this represents, which I find remarkable. Making multiple posts based on the theory that someone would go to the trouble to bag poop but then deliberately leave it on someone's sidewalk seems a little ill-conceived to start with. Making more posts like that after an apology and explanation are offered just seems like an anger management problem.

On a semi-related and completely comical note (because who tires of discussing poop?), one of Jedi the Jindo's movements this morning was blue. I don't mean a little bit, I mean bright greenish blue. Here's my photographic evidence. Jedi is a bit feral, and is known to poop crayons, nerf darts, and various other non-food items he's eaten along the way, but we're at a loss to figure out what he got into that led to this.

Scatological Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: Tom Cruise stars in impassioned PSA against motion smoothing.
Science: Blood test that uses tiny bits of GOLD to detect cell changes could diagnose cancer.
Why We Sleep, and Why We Often Can’t. Thanks Puttwhacker.
A hectic week of orbital flights continues with a SpaceX launch Wednesday.
Media: Soulmate - Epic NPC Man (when you fall too hard for an NPC) - Viva La Dirt League (VLDL).
Jimmie Johnson and Fernando Alonso car swap.
Gator Crusader Falls in Gator infested pool when rope breaks. Doesn't include the good part.
Follow-up: 15 Worrying Things About the CRISPR Babies Scandal. Thanks Puttwhacker.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2018, 07:42 Numinar

I live for community facebook drama. Always the same old names, I'd ask where they find the time but I guess people who don't play videogames have plenty of it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Poops! Dec 6, 2018, 03:48 Ant

I poop too much daily. At least they're not blue. Wait, is Blue's poops blue too?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2018, 01:47 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 19:50:
Mechwarrior 5 gameplay demo for anyone interested. i didn't see it posted in the mech5 news post a few days ago. looks perfectly fine mech play to me. maybe the trailer was sped up for excitement.

Yeah, it looks cool and I'm totally stoked. A game like this is 10 years overdue, easily.

Thanks for posting.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 22:41 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 13:09:
GinRummy wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 12:40:
At least the dog stayed loyal to the right color theme.
Good thing we ain't reading Greennews.com

Or pinknews, yellownews or beigenews

Whatever our dear Blues had going on when he decided that name, all praise go to him for picking the only one that's actually catchy

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 20:38 CJ_Parker

Beautiful smurf poop picture. There goes my no fap month!  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 19:50 1badmf

Mechwarrior 5 gameplay demo for anyone interested. i didn't see it posted in the mech5 news post a few days ago. looks perfectly fine mech play to me. maybe the trailer was sped up for excitement.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 18:49 afka Rossini

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 11:57:
Tom Cruise impassioned?

I was thinking the same thing trying to figure out where impassioned fell on the acting spectrum between cocky teenager, cocky pilot, cocky race-car driver, cocky spy and comically short ex-MP bad-ass. Then I remembered his role in Tropic Thunder.

17. Re: Tom Cruise stars in impassioned PSA against motion smoothing. Dec 5, 2018, 17:47 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 17:16:
Simon Says wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 16:23:
Ever since I went with SVP4 on PC for all my viewing needs, I can't go back... Motion smoothing off looks like a stuttery mess, much like once you go 60fps gaming you can't go back to 30 ( or lower ).

You bought and intentionally use what everyone else wants to turn off. To each their own.

Never said I bought it ;), it works free with the included MPC-HC build. Buying it doesn't do much, VLC support is broken and getting it to work with another player is a pain in the ass from what I heard. It also includes MadVR and LAV, which is nice.

16. Re: Tom Cruise stars in impassioned PSA against motion smoothing. Dec 5, 2018, 17:16 RedEye9

Simon Says wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 16:23:
Ever since I went with SVP4 on PC for all my viewing needs, I can't go back... Motion smoothing off looks like a stuttery mess, much like once you go 60fps gaming you can't go back to 30 ( or lower ).

You bought and intentionally use what everyone else wants to turn off. To each their own.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 17:10 Primalchrome

Jeez....you'd think people would be thankful that someone took ownership and that it was simply an accident rather than some evil rogue poop bagger run amuck!  

14. Tom Cruise stars in impassioned PSA against motion smoothing. Dec 5, 2018, 16:23 Simon Says

Tom, it's NOT YOUR CHOICE.

If it bothers filmmakers that much, they can shoot at 60fps and release at 60fps, itm, motion smoothing it'll be.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 15:40 Cutter

Blue, you should call your community newspaper to do an article on it. Poopgate 2018!

"If the snow begins to fall and you can't find the fire, let the water wash away your sins." - Hope County Choir

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 13:30 Mr. Tact

Capella wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 13:16:
This will be the first picture link I will not be clicking lol.
Ha! Exactly my thoughts on the matter.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 13:17 Brazor

Spambook, Facebook, Failbook, how many more names can we come up for that bad idea?

I closed my Facebook account many years ago and am happy about it. People who want to communicate only via social media are people you want to think twice about.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 13:16 Capella

This will be the first picture link I will not be clicking lol.  

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 13:09 RedEye9

GinRummy wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 12:40:
Good thing we ain't reading Greennews.com

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 12:47 Cutter

“You are all made of real poop.”
- Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank

“Dogs are angels full of poop.”
- Oliver Gaspirtz

“And the feasts on the poop and the musicians.”
- C.S. Lewis, Prince Caspian

"If the snow begins to fall and you can't find the fire, let the water wash away your sins." - Hope County Choir

7. Re: Sleep Dec 5, 2018, 12:47 Mr. Tact

Do people really undervalue sleep? I don't recall anyone ever complaining to me about how much they needed to sleep or wish they needed less of it. Then again, I am seemingly always outside the "norm"... *shrug*  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 12:40 GinRummy

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 12:23 Creston

It's probably ink, Blue. My dogs do that sometimes when they eat a pen.

It should go away in a day or two. If it doesn't, obviously go to your vet.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo