Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3?

Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford offers not one, not two, but three different tweets over the past couple of days that flaunt his ability to use the number three, a numeral known to be kryptonite to Valve Software (thanks PCGamesN). There's nothing there that confirms he is teasing plans to announce Borderlands 3, but it's easy to believe he may be paving the way for a new entry in the shooter series from the tweets:

My To Do list today has just 3 things on it. But I also have 3 meetings scheduled before 3pm. Is the universe telling me something?

Fun fact - Today is day number 334 (number of days that have elapsed in the year). Yesterday was 333. Itís really interesting how human minds take so much meaning in arbitrary numbering systems and coincidence. People will lose their minds when the calendar flips to year 3000.

Feels like E3 all over again...

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 3, 2018, 15:21 Beamer

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2018, 10:09:
Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 20:34:
While I do want things difficult to get, so that they feel special and to encourage exploring and replaying areas (like Diablo), I agree, some of those things just took far too long. No drop rate should be under 1%. Hell, 20% chance should be tops. If it takes more than 5-6 times of killing a monster to get something, you're a monster.

I agree with the sentiment, but, heh, 20%. There is literally nothing with a 20% drop rate in BL2, if you ignore the one legendary guaranteed drop in the game. I think the highest legendary weapon drop rate was like 1.46% IIR all the drop weight tables correctly.

I remember fighting, I think it was The Butcher, whoever one of the first bosses was. Had to fight him 50+ times. Wasn't fun. Later in the game, things seemed to come with more frequency, and it was easy to keep fighting the one dragon thing (but it required a bit of a glitch to keep restarting next to it.)

In fairness, someone online cloned a ton of weapons to me, and once that carrot at the end of the stick was cut, I lost interest a lot more quickly. But yeah, those drop rates were just bad.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 3, 2018, 12:38 Mr. Tact

I'll admit my language could have been more precise, and I'll attempt to not leaving you wondering "what I really meant". However, do yourself and the rest of us a favor, count to 100 before attempting to infer an extremely negative viewpoint from anyone (works for me). Thanks.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2018, 15:58.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

32. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 3, 2018, 10:09 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 20:34:
While I do want things difficult to get, so that they feel special and to encourage exploring and replaying areas (like Diablo), I agree, some of those things just took far too long. No drop rate should be under 1%. Hell, 20% chance should be tops. If it takes more than 5-6 times of killing a monster to get something, you're a monster.

I agree with the sentiment, but, heh, 20%. There is literally nothing with a 20% drop rate in BL2, if you ignore the one legendary guaranteed drop in the game. I think the highest legendary weapon drop rate was like 1.46% IIR all the drop weight tables correctly.

31. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 3, 2018, 09:47 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 20:21:
Wow. Like I told Redeye, spend a little less time trying to read between the lines. I have no agenda per se, I don't want to stomp on anyone's choice, *I simply recognize if more people liked the games I like, I'd see more of them. Calm down.
Point taken, but if you had wrote what you meant* instead of what you 'did' write there wouldn't be any confusion.

We can't see your facial expressions nor hear the tone of your voice or any applied inflections. Heck, I don't even know if what you wrote could even be remotely construed as what you meant if you said it in person.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The gameís afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

30. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 20:34 Beamer

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 17:38:
Beamer wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 16:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 14:12:
What a pretentious fucktrumpet! No one gives a shit whether they release another boring as fuck cartoon Mickey Mouse grinder.

If this topic is any proof, plenty care. You hate everything, but lots of people felt the last game was great, with a fitting style. You're free to hate it, as you do nearly everything, but "nobody cares" seems hyperbole at best.

Borderlands 2 was awesome. The Pre-sequel or whatever the fuck it was called, was absolute diarrhea level garbage.

So here's hoping this is more of the former than the latter.

And FOR FUCK'S SAKE, PITCHFORD, NOBODY WANTS TO GRIND IN YOUR SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Stop it with the horseshit 0.00001% drop rates on top tier weapons.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

29. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 20:21 Mr. Tact

Wow. Like I told Redeye, spend a little less time trying to read between the lines. I have no agenda per se, I don't want to stomp on anyone's choice, I simply recognize if more people liked the games I like, I'd see more of them. Calm down.

*sheesh* Everyone is getting so touchy around here lately.

28. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 20:13 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 11:37:
I haven't and I don't "love that shit". I have simply avoided those games and I wish a much larger portion of the population followed my example...

Avoid? Fine, great. I want to believe in life you aren't really the asshole you just wrote yourself into. So you don't like a fucking game, you wish everyone else wouldn't like it then to. I hope you are a very very staunch GOP member and supremacists, otherwise you are really confused about things. That is freedom, choice and opinion and you're one that would rain on anothers parade because "you don't like it" even though it is causing no direct harm to you. I wish we could just get past this and chill.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2018, 23:42.

27. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 17:49 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 14:08:
Why would you "wish a much larger portion of the population followed your example". https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/maya_angelou_101310
Simply because I want more games I like? Stop trying to read so much between the lines...

26. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 15:29 Addicted

They lost their top writer, the reason that 1 and 2 were any good. Then Randy chased off the best voice talent they had (David Eddings - Clap Trap). Many people feel that he lies at Trumpian levels and then you can tack on the fact that the design style for Borderlands was flat out stolen. As far as I'm concerned I'll take a hard pass on this game. In fact I'll pass on anything that has Pitchford attached to it.  

25. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 14:08 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 11:37:
I haven't and I don't "love that shit". I have simply avoided those games and I wish a much larger portion of the population followed my example... alas I think that is unlikely to happen any time soon...
the overwhelming majority liked both 1 and 2
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/borderlands
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/borderlands-2
Why would you "wish a much larger portion of the population followed your example". https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/maya_angelou_101310

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The gameís afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

24. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 13:07 HorrorScope

Red886 wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 00:58:
i have no idea why Borderlands 2 got such high praise.

Answer people like different things. To me it's a FPS COOP ARPG with the bonus of a real story and good voice acting. I like that mix a lot.

23. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 11:48 DukeFNukem

What a pretentious fucktrumpet! No one gives a shit whether they release another boring as fuck cartoon Mickey Mouse grinder.

CJ Parker??? What the hell???

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

22. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 11:37 Mr. Tact

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 04:19:

There's so much backtracking, grind and mtx. Bullet sponges but limited ammo, so you can run out of ammo during fights = wtf.

Have you been living under a rock these past ten years or so? People love that shit, as long as production values are high and the gameplay loop is at least semi-decent people will flip their shit to get stuck in a skinner box grind loop.
I haven't and I don't "love that shit". I have simply avoided those games and I wish a much larger portion of the population followed my example... alas I think that is unlikely to happen any time soon...

21. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 11:09 Overon

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 04:19:

There's so much backtracking, grind and mtx. Bullet sponges but limited ammo, so you can run out of ammo during fights = wtf.

Have you been living under a rock these past ten years or so? People love that shit, as long as production values are high and the gameplay loop is at least semi-decent people will flip their shit to get stuck in a skinner box grind loop.
I realize that people love that shit. I hate that gameplay loop. It sucks. The only positive is that some of the dialogue is amusing.

20. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 04:19 VaranDragon

19. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 00:58 Red886

18. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 1, 2018, 20:53 HorrorScope

Osc8r wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 20:41:
-sGs- | Sa(V) wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 16:15:
I never could digest borderlands ... Its sense of humor .. could not make me laugh ... not even a giggle

Try the Tiny Tina DLC, that definitely had some funny moments...

Really if a person is going to state there wasn't even a single thing that could even make him giggle in the game, it isn't our job to figure out how. Face it, he won't even giggle at Tiny Tina, just let him go.

17. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 1, 2018, 20:41 Osc8r

-sGs- | Sa(V) wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 16:15:
I never could digest borderlands ... Its sense of humor .. could not make me laugh ... not even a giggle

Try the Tiny Tina DLC, that definitely had some funny moments...

Jivaro wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 19:46:
If another B game is coming I am waiting for reviews and a deep discount. The prequel was really disappointing.

Wasn't it made by some other company? I didn't even bother with it TBH, even at 70% off.

16. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 1, 2018, 19:46 Jivaro

If another B game is coming I am waiting for reviews and a deep discount. The prequel was really disappointing.  

15. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 1, 2018, 18:38 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 16:07:

If this topic is any proof, plenty care. You hate everything, but lots of people felt the last game was great, with a fitting style. You're free to hate it, as you do nearly everything, but "nobody cares" seems hyperbole at best.

Dude, relax. I just shot that troll salvo from the hip for shits'n'giggles!

I just can't stand this stupid "marketing" when adult devs behave like they need to play Santa Claus for a bunch of toddlers ("oooohhhh does Santa ever have some treats for y'all hohoho".

It's annoying as fuck. Announce the game in a proper manner with a press release or a countdown website or whatever... or simply shut. the. fuck. up. instead of this retarded pretentious "teasing".

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo