Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Starsiege Tribes Turns 20 This Week

Here's a reminder that the 20th anniversary of Starsiege Tribes is Friday, and that fans of the class-based shooter are planning a reunion event/tournament to celebrate the milestone. Here's the post we made about this in July: With the 20th anniversary of the launch of Starsiege Tribes coming up on November 30th, the small, but still active community for Dynamix's cult-classic shooter is gearing up to celebrate. They are planning an anniversary reunion event and tournament to run that weekend, hoping to inspire participation from other fans of the game and anyone else who's interested. This is unofficial, as they have the blessings of rights-holder Hi-Rez, but the developer is declining to participate otherwise to avoid creating the impression that they may be working on a new game in the series, since that is not the case. The Tribes community has set up this website as a way for new and returning players to get started playing, and the site offers this page to explain their anniversary event and to accept signups from those who wish to participate. They also point the way to the Tribes Talk Discord server as another resource. Here's a bit on the plan:
Tribes will be hitting the big 2-0 on November 30th, 2018 and we are planning to put together a 20th Anniversary Weekend and LT tournament to celebrate. The plan is to have a reunion weekend/event for everyone to get their nostalgia on and play some old school Tribes. Additionally, as we still have a small but dedicated community of LT players, we are planning to organize an LT tournament.

The goal is to get in touch with old veterans and new players alike to get as big of a turnout as possible for the anniversary weekend event and LT tournament. Currently, as far as organized events go, we are only planning for an LT tournament but if there is enough interest it would be awesome if we could get some 10v10 Base pickup games or an arena/duel tournament as well. If you are interested please register using either the 20th Anniversary Reunion Weekend link or the LT tournament link. If you are signing up for the LT tournament no need to sign up for the event link. Please share this with anyone you think would be interested!
View

9. Re: Starsiege Tribes Turns 20 This Week Nov 27, 2018, 18:16 Sepharo

Flatline wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 13:42:
Tribes was quite possibly one of the best online multiplayer games ever.

It's the main game we played for years at the LAN party I went to.

Which led to a job a the internet cafe we met at

Which led to me taking networking courses

Which led to my career.

I literally owe most of my adult life to Starsiege Tribes.

I used to play Tribes at my friend's house before I built my first gaming machine for CS and that took over our lives.
Then just a few years later when Tribes 2 came out I remember buying it specifically to take to the yearly huge 300+ LAN party we'd go to... "All of the hardcore gamers are going to be playing this!" ... but then they weren't, it was all CS with a smattering of Quake 3 mods. I had fun with the short time I put into it though, just wish I had some friends playing it too at the time.

Replace your ode with CS and that's pretty close to my story.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report