Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Star Citizen Free Fly Week

The promised free fly week for Star Citizen is now underway. This offers the chance to sample different spacecraft every day over the course of the event, and this page has all the details and a schedule. Here's the overview:

To celebrate the release of Hurston, Star Citizen’s first explorable planet, and commemorate our anniversary, we’re launching a Free Fly event of unprecedented magnitude.

From Nov 23 through Nov 30 you’ll have the chance to try out every flyable ship and operable vehicle in the game for free. Here’s how it works:

During the promotion, anyone can join Star Citizen’s Persistent Universe for free. You’ll be able to experience Star Citizen first-hand, but to get out there and start exploring, you’re gonna need a ship.

Starting on November 23rd, every day at 8am PST, a different ship manufacturer in the game will make its entire flyable fleet available for a 24-hour test flight period.

There may also be some surprises in store for those of you who make the trek out to Hurston and see what Lorville’s all about, as well as some fun interactive activities here on the website, so stay tuned.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 26, 2018, 11:15 chickenboo

Well I for one am enjoying it from what I've seen of my visit to Hurtson and Lorville, and a smaller moon on the other side of the system to buy weapons. My friend took me in his 3-seater ship, put the ship in quantum drive and then we got out of the seats and hung out in the lounge.

The PTU is quite impressive, sure it's extremely buggy but it's in alpha. Just the technology and seamlessness behind all of it I find really amazing.

I'll probably archive the install to my external HDD in the next couple days and check it out again 6 months from now after the next big update. There's not a lot to do right now other than fly around...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 25, 2018, 02:19 jdreyer

Overon wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 17:02:
The first taste is free then you are in the cult hooked on Smack Citizen.

Fixed it.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

28. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 17:02 Overon

The first taste is free then you are in the cult.  

27. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 15:02 Mr. Tact

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 13:40:
Anyone been following this want to tell me if star citizen is going to end up like duke nukem forever?
No one knows, only time will tell...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

26. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 14:16 RedEye9

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 13:40:
Anyone been following this want to tell me if star citizen is going to end up like duke nukem forever?
Star Citizen has no similarities to DNF.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

25. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 13:40 Suppa7

24. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 11:44 Dacron

Jesus, getting enraged at a spelling error.

Life must be bright and happy for your type. I can see why you're on here all the time, talking shit and putting people down.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

23. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 11:22 El Pit

Sneakycamper wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 09:41:
Uh Duuuurrrrr, All this $$$$$ More booze and Cocaine !!! Strippers too ! How do u Spell HANGAR>?

Well, ugly strippers can give me hanger, if you know what I mean? Nudge nudge...

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

22. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 09:41 Sneakycamper

Uh Duuuurrrrr, All this $$$$$ More booze and Cocaine !!! Strippers too ! How do u Spell HANGAR>?  

21. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 03:48 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 02:34:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 00:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 23, 2018, 23:58:
Uh, you did realize he was quoting, right?

YES! But neither that nor what is or isn't lodged in my ASSHOLE has any bearing on the FACT that fucking HANGAR was incorrectly spelled HANGER which is RE-FUCKING-TARDED!

There is no excuse to not get HANGAR right. No. excuse.

There should be a law that people writing HANGER instead of HANGAR should be executed. No injection opt-in either but good old fashioned electrocution to make sure IT STICKS!!! DAMMIT!!

How do you feel about his own incorrect usage of "it's"?

I would say somewhere between suicidal and mass murderer!

@Mordhaus You are being too kind. The plain truth is that Roberts got FIRED by MS from his role as project "director" (lol) and was degraded to "consultant" in the most humiliating fashion (a.k.a "you can blahblah all you want, all fucking day, Roberts, but we don't give a shit 'boutcha worthless drivel cuz we're gettin' shit done now").

Aaaah yes... the days when Microsoft still gave a crap about PC gaming and at least occasionally would perform a good deed like this one *sigh*...

20. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 03:33 Mordhaus

Funny that you mention Freelancer. You know, the game that had so much feature creep that it ended up killing CR old studio and forcing him to bring in Microsoft to try to get enough funding to finish it? The game that he ended up quitting on mostly once MS did buy him out and started to put time limits on finishing it. It was a decent game, but had nowhere near the content he had been promising and couldn't deliver on time or on budget.

As long as knuckleheads keep paying them money for an Alpha and the 'promise' of a complete game(s) down the line, he will keep developing. Once he runs out of that money, he will do one of two things (if not both).

1. Rush SQ42 out in haphazard condition to cash grab more money for development (he already has said he is prepared to do this).

2. Partner with someone like MS or EA to pay for more development. The problem with that is that companies that are run even remotely correctly are going to slap some oversight into his process. CR cannot 'create art' under oversight and time limits. He will then sell himself out of the game and go make a sequel to Wing Commander the movie with his buyout bucks. The game will be the repeat of Freelancer when the Corporation throws in the towel. You'll get around 70 percent of what was promised and no where near the 'universe' of systems he bragged about. Either that or the planets will be random generated trash.

Hanneth wrote on Nov 23, 2018, 19:10:
Duke Nukem Forever was in development for 15 years.

GTA V was scheduled to come out on PS3/Xbox and PC in 2012. It took a full extra year for just the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions to come out. Boy were they buggy! The PC version finally came in 2015. We even got the PS4 and Xbox One versions in 2014. This was a development group of 1000 people.

CIG just reached 400 employees. They had 300 last year.
Are they late on SQ42? Yes. Are they late on Star Citizen? Yes.
Are they giving us much more than they originally scoped for? Yes.
Originally we were going to get a Wing Commander 2 type deal and a Freelancer multiplayer. What we are getting is a Wing Commander III and what Chris imagined Freelancer 2 would be like.

They better get SQ42 out next year! As for Star Citizen, I'm already having more fun playing it than many so called finished games.

19. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 02:34 ForgedReality

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 00:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 23, 2018, 23:58:

YES! But neither that nor what is or isn't lodged in my ASSHOLE has any bearing on the FACT that fucking HANGAR was incorrectly spelled HANGER which is RE-FUCKING-TARDED!

There is no excuse to not get HANGAR right. No. excuse.

There should be a law that people writing HANGER instead of HANGAR should be executed. No injection opt-in either but good old fashioned electrocution to make sure IT STICKS!!! DAMMIT!!

How do you feel about his own incorrect usage of "it's"?

18. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 00:57 El Pit

Free fly makes the spider in the basement happy!  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

17. removed Nov 24, 2018, 00:24 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 24, 2018, 10:01.

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2018, 23:58 Mordecai Walfish

"Describe to us in 239 words what you have lodged in your rectum, Mr. CJ_Parker."

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 23, 2018, 22:32:

HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR

15. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 23, 2018, 23:58 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 23, 2018, 22:32 CJ_Parker

Holy fucking shit...

... all these years of Star Shitizen talk and people STILL spell HANGAR wrong???

It's HANGAR, NOT HANGER DAMMIT!

HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR HANGAR

^ mkay, fuckers?!

13. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 23, 2018, 20:10 Kosumo

GTA V was scheduled to come out on PS3/Xbox and PC in 2012. It took a full extra year for just the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions to come out. Boy were they buggy! The PC version finally came in 2015. We even got the PS4 and Xbox One versions in 2014. This was a development group of 1000 people.

Originally we were going to get a Wing Commander 2 type deal and a Freelancer multiplayer. What we are getting is a Wing Commander III and what Chris imagined Freelancer 2 would be like.

They better get SQ42 out next year! As for Star Citizen, I'm already having more fun playing it than many so called finished games.

FROM THE PAST

Re: Star Citizen Schedule
Feb 7, 2014, 03:12
Hanneth

I was at work, so I did not grab the latest version, but it hasn't really changed. Yes, dogfighting is late and I wanted to honestly show that, so I mentioned they missed that original target and left the original target date to show that. They have not shifted any of their other targets, so I saw no reason not to publish the old version as is.

The early previews were made to help get corporate backing to supplement the full cost of making the game. They have now made enough money crowd funding to not need the corporate backing at all.

Chris Roberts has stated that a lot of the preview assets were being developed for the final Squadron 42 game. Specifically the carrier was being designed to eventually turn into the final product. Only the rooms that were finished were shown in the preview, there was still a lot of work to do. With the upgrades to the Star Citizen ships, the carrier likely has seen some tweaking. Also all footage was fully working in game. Some of the assets were purchased to fill in what they hadn't developed yet. I think the enemy was purchased assets just to have something. The preview was an early version of what will be the final game showing assets and tech that was already working.

As for development of Squadron 42, yes, putting the story in the game engine was just started in December. Writing of the story started before that, and so did the asset creation. The asset creation started about 2 years ago and was the first thing they started working on. Are they modifying the story, yes, I think 2 of the stretch goals extended the scope, but while getting the story in game is a lot of work, it is only part of a larger piece of work that they are well into. Why haven't we seen more? According to their weekly show, they want something to be a surprise, and that is Squadron 42. They have said a few times last year that they were in active development of assets for Squadron 42.

Yes, there will be a full release of Squadron 42. The early backers will get the story in beta episodes as each segment is mostly polished, but after the last episode they will do a final coat of polish which will be the full release. The final beta episode they are targeting for December 2014, final release January/February 2015. Chris admitted that December might be a little too ambitious for all the episodes to be done, but that is their current target. I think they were looking at September/Early October for the first episode.

This information is spread all over the place, but The Hull Truth and Wingman's Hanger are really good resources that pull a lot of this information together.

The Hull Truth
http://www.youtube.com/show/thehulltruth

Wingman's Hanger
http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceIn

Re: Star Citizen Schedule
Feb 7, 2014, 17:07
Kosumo

Poster #53 is totally swimming in the cool-aid, he's splashing it all about the place!

Both those names; The Hull Truth and Wingman's Hanger, make me think cult (less so Wingman's Hanger) or TV evanglist. You should look with a lot of skepticsism at anything with Truth in it's title.

12. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 23, 2018, 19:29 jdreyer

What is there to do? Are there a bunch of playable missions? Or is it just PvP?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 23, 2018, 19:10 Hanneth

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo