Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Total War: ARENA Closing

The Total War: ARENA Website announces that Total War: ARENA is shutting down on February 19, 2019. That will be almost a year to the day since the online strategy game launched as an open beta, but they say that "unfortunately the results of ARENA Open Beta Test did not meet all our expectations." This was free, but Creative Assembly is still feeling compelled to compensate players, and they offer a choice of four Total War products as a gift to those affected by this. Additionally, their partners at Wargaming are offering 30 days of premium account time for ARENA players, and are also offering spacebux conversion for those who have purchased virtual currency. Here's word:

ARENA has been on a long journey, and we are thankful to everyone who joined us. We have learned so much during the development of ARENA and we have grown incredibly close with the community and involved you deeply into our development process. It has been an absolute privilege to work with you all on this project, but unfortunately the results of ARENA Open Beta Test did not meet all our expectations.

I would like to take a moment to thank the ARENA Team, who have poured their heart and soul into this game’s development and are just as disappointed by this as you.

For those of you wondering about the team, they will all continue working on Total War, sharing their experience and learnings from ARENA. ARENA’s technological advancements will continue to be part of Total War development going forward.

To you, the players and community, I have been inspired by your passion, your commitment and your continued valuable insight. Your input and encouragement have been instrumental to the game’s development. I cannot emphasize enough how much we have enjoyed working and playing with you all, and I know that we will greatly miss speaking with you online, debating your feedback, and fighting alongside you on the battlefield.

As a thank you for playing ARENA the team of Creative Assembly is offering a free piece of Total War content to all players of ARENA on the Wargaming Game Center. You can choose one of these 4 pieces of Total War content:

• Total War: MEDIEVAL II - Definitive Edition
  • Hannibal at the Gates (Total War: ROME II DLC)
  • Age of Charlemagne (Total War: ATTILA DLC)
  • Grim and the Grave (Total War: WARHAMMER DLC)

To claim this offer, please look at the in-game news (live now) or check out the FAQ below.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 23, 2018, 15:38 eRe4s3r

yonder wrote on Nov 23, 2018, 02:14:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 13:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 12:58:
Be warned if you grab Medieval 2, that you will have a shit-ton of issues running that game on W10 1803 with half-way modern many-core hardware.

Since when? I just fired it up and had no issues at all with it.

Same here. I know a solid half-dozen people who play with their friends, no problems whatsoever. Methinks e........ has a specific issue that's not terribly common.

I have an I5 8400 and a 8gb 1070 W10 x64 and 16GB Ram not exactly outlandish, but whenever I finish a battle in medieval 2 I CTD.... Yes, only at the end, when it is supposed to load in the campaign map after a battle, I could delay it 1 battle or so by reducing all settings to low but then it would crash on the 2nd battle.... Error messages vary ~.~ Apparently at least 5 people have this issue too on Steam, which helps me ZERO as nobody could ever fix it.

I had a fix for Empires so that it stopped crashing (adding Vram related settings stuff to some file) but in Medieval 2 that only changes the error message, not the crash.

Actually I have this same identical issue on ALL TW games prior to medieval 2 too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 23, 2018, 02:22 Armengar

sorry to say i play M2 on a i5 6600k and a 960gtx without issue in 1803. I haven't updated drivers since I put 1803 on though.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

7. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 23, 2018, 02:14 yonder

Be warned if you grab Medieval 2, that you will have a shit-ton of issues running that game on W10 1803 with half-way modern many-core hardware.

Same here. I know a solid half-dozen people who play with their friends, no problems whatsoever. Methinks e........ has a specific issue that's not terribly common.

6. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 23, 2018, 02:08 VaranDragon

Goddamn, I was looking forward to this and somehow completely missed when their beta went open. I guess not many people enjoy the Total War multiplayer experience.

Of those four games listed I think I had the most fun with Medieval II.

5. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 22, 2018, 18:59 Ahumado

Make a good game and they will come. That's all there is  

4. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 22, 2018, 15:02 Cutter

Totes War totes closing.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

3. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 22, 2018, 13:25 eRe4s3r

I crash after every 3rd battle "Lower your settings" VRAM issues and other weird shit.

2. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 22, 2018, 13:21 Burrito of Peace

1. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 22, 2018, 12:58 eRe4s3r

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo