Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow

Hello Games announces a Visions update is coming for tomorrow to No Man's Sky, their space exploration game. This comes on Thanksgiving from the U.K.-based developer, and all owners of the game can be thankful that this will be free. This imbues the game with new worlds, new creatures, new missions, and more variety. It also updates previously dead planets and changes the look of the game with a new color palette, which is shown off in this announcement trailer. Here are the details:

U.K. developer Hello Games has unveiled a new free update, “Visions,” which will be made available to all No Man’s Sky players on Steam for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Thursday, November 22. Following “The Abyss” update released last month, which brought major changes to No Man’s Sky’s vast underwater environments, “Visions” will encourage players to return to the surface and explore new biomes and planets, all in a reimagined colour palette.

New Worlds: No Man’s Sky’s “Visions” update greatly improves the variety and diversity of planet surfaces with millions of previously dead planets now bursting with life. Players can find mysterious artefacts on alien planets and collect them as mementos or display as trophies in their planetary base.

Bizarre New Creatures: “Visions” will introduce players to new strange and curious creatures found among the stars, waiting to be discovered for the very first time. Predatory fauna and deadly flora including carnivorous trap plants wait to ensnare unsuspecting travellers and reward the cautious.

Global Community Missions: A new community research mission will allow players to share their progress as they work towards a common goal. Players can discover the “Visions” universe together and unlock the Eye of the Korvax helmet, as well as other emotes and building parts.

More to Discover and More Variety: “Visions” will bring more variety to No Man’s Sky as the universe has become more alien, vibrant and exciting for players to explore. Atmospherics and skies have been improved and rainbows added to the range of in-game weather effects, enabling more unique worlds. Players are invited to unleash their inner archaeologist and explore the galaxy for planets containing the bones of ancient alien lifeforms. Travellers can unearth the remains of fallen satellites to salvage for parts but risk drawing the attention of a new threat and danger – corrupted sentinel drones. Players who can endure and survive the most extreme of weather in No Man’s Sky may also be rewarded with previous crystal treasures that only light up in the worst of storms.

View
59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

59. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 27, 2018, 15:37 Tipsy McStagger

Bwahaha..

I picked this up on sale for 30$ and put 4 hours into it.

So far it's defintiely a little grindy but the first animals I came across look like jumping dicks.

10/10 would buy again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

58. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 21:59 RedEye9

lolz  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

57. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 21:11 Drayth

There. Can you give it a rest now??  

56. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 21:10 sean_murray

I'm sorry Kxmode. I'm sorry I lied to you.

I will never do it again.

55. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 20:11 RedEye9

Kxmode wrote on Nov 26, 2018, 18:00:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:30:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:26:
No. Not until I get my $60 worth, and I will get my money's worth one way or another.
ok
But why do we have to suffer for your failings?

You're asking the wrong person. Why don't you ask that to Sean Murray?
Sean Murray did not pre-order a video game because he was too impatient to wait for reviews. Sean Murray is not acting all whacko crazy in the forum claiming he's gonna get his money's worth.
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 26, 2018, 18:38:
Jesus -- I almost (ALMOST) think I'd prefer you preaching at us.. the horse is dead, you can take your saddle and go home.
AMEN

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

54. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 18:38 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 14:08:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 12:03:
* built on a foundation of lies

Ephesians 4:31-32

Put away from yourselves every kind of malicious bitterness, anger, wrath, screaming, and abusive speech, as well as everything injurious. But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.

A bit of advice. If you're going to quote scriptures make sure you understand the relevance. That passage has NO bearing here. It is about freely forgiving members of the Christian congregation. The Bible, on the other hand, offers advice and warnings for people engaging in business for both the buyer and seller.

For example, there are dozens of passages specifically about lying in general. "We wish to conduct ourselves honestly in all things." (Hebrews 13:18) More to the point, the Bible condemns business people who employ lying in their dealings. (Proverbs 11:1) "Dishonest scales are detestable to Jehovah, But an accurate weight brings pleasure to him." Sean was not "conducting himself honestly in all things leading," and he employed "dishonest scales" when he hyped up his product knowing full-well half the stuff he pitched wasn't in the game prior to its release. In retrospect, his lies are now easy to spot by his "aw-shucks" laughs. The bigger the laugh, the bigger the lie.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

53. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 18:38 Mr. Tact

Jesus -- I almost (ALMOST) think I'd prefer you preaching at us.. the horse is dead, you can take your saddle and go home.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

52. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 18:12 Kxmode

DrEvil wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 14:07:
At this point, they've provided everything they ever actually promised as far as I can tell and even the things that people *believe* they promised and more.

As for $60 worth, you sound like one of those people on Steam that posts a review saying they "can't recommend the game" -- just below the text saying they've played ~320 hours of it.

Give it a rest dude.

Sean lied and sold me a sub-standard product. I don't care what the outcome is today. I will never get to experience the NMS he regularly pitched pre-release. As someone who got conned by that charlatan, I have every consumer right to continually remind people of the unethical foundation he built this empire and game upon. So no I will not give it a rest.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

51. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 18:05 Kxmode

DrEvil wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 14:04:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:25:
DrEvil wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:04:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 12:03:
* built on a foundation of lies

Your comments certainly are.

Everything I've posted about Sean Murray and his "fever pitch" is factual. You can Google any of it.

Of course, if it's on the Internet it must be true! /s

The subject matter is obviously a lie in hindsight, but what he said is not. Everything said since Sean's E3 NMS announcement is available in written or video interviews. Many videos and articles have taken the step to compile all his fibs.

50. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 18:05 Mr. Tact

Because he isn't wasting our time with the same repeated spurious complaints.  

49. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 26, 2018, 18:00 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:30:
No. Not until I get my $60 worth, and I will get my money's worth one way or another.
ok
But why do we have to suffer for your failings?

You're asking the wrong person. Why don't you ask that to Sean Murray?

48. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 23, 2018, 00:57 Numinar

afka Rossini wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 19:55:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 17:37:
I still think the funniest thing about NMS is when you reach the game's end goal...
Dude, how about a spoiler alert?

I've never seen your name before afka but this is the best comment I've ever read on Bluesnews, the original blue colour themed free website built as a shrine to human misery. I'm laughing more than I've ever laughed after two victor bravos.

edit: I waited for reviews so didn't buy it until a few months ago (Though I did get the OG as a 60th birthday present for my old man, feel pretty bad about it still) and thought it was still super rough. If it flew like Elite and had less bugs I'd be onboard but the sense of wonderment is over long before you can even build a rover to explore the same templates you have seen 12 times already. Though the crazier systems are gated so maybe I just need to keep pushing through.

But regardless, the sheer ambition was real. I think Sean meant what he said about all those features and those trailers were from the game builds that existed at the time. It just didn't come together in time and they got hamstrung with PS4 support, a deal with the devil that they needed to make financially. Networking especially is super hard at that level when you are that small. Look at it's contemporaries like space engineers or Elite or Star Citizen and you can see the limitations and problems even with well funded, popular, experienced dev teams.

I'll probably try it again sometimes. I love Elite, procgen, space, their art style (especially the procgen ships) so this really should be my jam but as long as it flies like garbage it's never going to be fun.

For lonely exploration, the hand authored Subnautica fucking murdered the shit out of that genre. It's going to take a while for everyone to catch up.

47. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 18:51 Mr. Tact

Looks a fair review. The game still isn't perfect, but it is miles ahead of where it was at launch. If you like the idea of a "space exploration" game, I'd be surprised if you got less than 100 hours of play out of the game.  

46. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 18:10 Tipsy McStagger

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 03:59:
Here is Mack's review, 2 years down the road. I think he is pretty fair about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7idnEqIpPi0

Now that I've watched it, I kinda want to play the game now

Thanks for this, I never pre-order games and I followed this ones horrible hype train and subsequent fallout on release. I've been thinking of trying it now that they've updated a bunch of content so this will help me decide.

45. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 17:57 Quinn

DrEvil wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:08:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 12:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 12:17:
These developers are rock stars worthy of worship for stcking around and improving their game. god bless'em

And Sean Murray is still a liar who used fraud to build these continuous updates.

Dude, give it a rest.

Be a good christian, and forgive. Don't you think the game is worth your 60 by now? The game is good fun with friends. It works well. You can now build your home base on your favorite looking planet -- which now makes naming fauna and flora a fun and "useful" thing to do, etc.

You should give credit where credit is due. Sean oversold the game and indeed lied, but he was a developer nerd and should've never been put in front of a camera and stress inducing interviewers. That was a mistake. A very, very big mistake. But you have to be especially bitter if you still hold a grudge and don't acknowledge the love labor the devs have continued to put into the game.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

44. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 22, 2018, 13:35 Mordecai Walfish

I just picked this up recently for hella cheap & am planning on doing my first solo run soon and then try some of the multiplayer stuff.

Thanks to all the early adopters for funding it =)

43. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 12:57 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 04:38:
This is one of the best space/sci fi games ever made at this point.

There is like 5 or 6 epic Space Games and all are still in development, some released some still in Early Access like stages. It seems in time, they all want to sort of be the same thing, EVERYTHING! So now who is in the lead? Perhaps NMS is at this point and if so, that's worth some credit, worst case it's right in the mix. Where's EA's, Activisions, UBI's take on Space Sci-Fi? On this Thanksgiving be thankful smaller studios are taking their shot at it, it is all we have.

42. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 12:54 HorrorScope

Drath71 wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 08:37:
And has anyone noticed we've become a bunch of people (or maybe always have been?) who have real high expectations on everyone but ourselves?

Jesus fucking Amen! Our minds are poisoned and we can't see it. Those that throw around the word entitlement are very hypocritical often.

41. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 12:40 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 03:59:
Here is Mack's review, 2 years down the road. I think he is pretty fair about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7idnEqIpPi0

Now that I've watched it, I kinda want to play the game now

"He could have took the money and run, but he took the money and stayed." - Mack WAB

40. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 11:23 chickenboo

Drath71 wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 08:37:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 16:37:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 16:32:
Here's what I'd like to know: Is this game now at the point to everything they promised before release with the hype? if so, it's fine. If not, it's still full of lies.
These guys would be the first developers in the history of man to over promise and under deliver. Because it's a fact that every other developer has under promised and over delivered. Also no other developer has ever told a lie, ever.

Darn right.
And has anyone noticed we've become a bunch of people (or maybe always have been?) who have real high expectations on everyone but ourselves?
Where's my free this? Where's my free that? How dare this guy not have cloaks in his game. It's like any unmet expectation is some great injustice now.

online gamer rantings have sounded entitled since i started browsing gaming-related forums in 2000. this is nothing new. also i think NMS touched a nerve a hair too close, and they're still paying for it.

if the game now was like the pre-launch trailer that wowed everyone (including myself) - the one with the dinosaur, where the player hurriedly launches his ship and warps to a new planet - i'd be interested, but it sounds decidedly less smooth and transition-free than that. and clunky.

i dunno, i should watch some twitch streams of it and see how it looks now. on the other hand there's a hundred games on my playlist and more adding to it and i still want yet another playthrough of Witcher 3, so there's barely even time for NMS!

59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo