Gadzooks wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 23:10:
Choobeastia wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 18:40:
Osc8r wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 18:04:
Gadzooks wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 13:32:
The is the closest BF has felt to Call of Duty for me so far.
Despite all the new tactical and squad play elements, the ridiculous low Time To Kill sorta nullifies them all.
Not sure how anyone enjoys competitive multiplayer in games where fights are over in a second flat.
Hopefully they adjust this for the BR version of they can keep it as well. May as well just stick with COD if you want than console gaming experience...
And lol at raytracing in it's current form, 4k makes a much bigger difference than 'cute reflections' (as someone here nailed it) and with a much lower performance hit to boot.
The time to kill actually helps the tactical and squad play. If the time to kill is too long, then your well laid plans only give you a slight benefit. But with the low time to kill, if you get the drop on someone, or have proper suppressing fire laid down, then you can work wonderfully as a squad. I've had more than a few instances where my laying down fire has allowed my team to move into an area, and use their shorter range weapons to clear it out.
At the same time, there are times when our plans don't work out, and someone else has planned better or is doing something that we had no plan for, resulting in us getting killed. Which is as it should be.
Actually helps??!? what?
Here are some of the reasons why a low TTK nullifies tactical gameplay elements
1. Attrition mode - No health regen: You die before you ever have to worry about no longer regenerating health
2. Attrition mode - less ammo: You die, often long before you ever run out of ammo (unless you are camping, which this game rewards)
3. Support Class - Give ammo: Pointless since most people die before running out of ammo
4. Medic Class - Give medpack: Again, most players are dead before this can be tossed at them
5. Hit direction - Most of the time you are dead before you can even tell what direction you got hit from. With the removal of squad spotting (a tactical element), not even being able to call out "Shooting from the east!" because you are dead removes squad tactical gameplay.
The ONLY tactical element (one thats even new) that benefits from the low Time To Kill, is the construct defenses mechanic. Build up defenses, bunker down, camp, and shoot anyone running who isnt behind cover.
I think you're playing with the wrong people. My squad needs health, they need ammo, they use the extra ammo for their gadgets, and we can call out where we're taking fire from because we're listening, and we check those corners so we're usually able to see the person shooting us, or at least their muzzle flash.
I'm playing on the PC. Perhaps it's different if you play on consoles?
It sounds like we have very different experiences. But historically I've played on Hardcore servers for battlefield, so the lack of spotting, high lethality, and similar are all things that I'm used to.