Battlefield V Launches

Having battled through various early access schemes, Battlefield V is now officially available for Windows through Origin. A thread on Reddit offers a rundown on all the activities surrounding the launch, which you'll be excited to learn includes tweeting. Here's more on this return to the original World War II setting of the series:
Enter mankind’s greatest conflict with Battlefield V as the series goes back to its roots in a never-before-seen portrayal of World War 2. Take on physical, all-out multiplayer with your squad in experiences like the vast Grand Operations, or witness human drama set against global combat in the single player War Stories. As you fight in epic, unexpected locations across the globe, enjoy the richest and most immersive Battlefield yet.

• World War 2 as You’ve Never Seen It Before – Take the fight to unexpected but crucial moments of the war, as Battlefield goes back to where it all began.
  • 64-Player Multiplayer in the Chaos of All-Out War – Lead your Company in all-out multiplayer with new experiences like the massive Grand Operations. Take on classic modes like Conquest and squad up with friends.
  • The Most Immersive Battlefield Yet – Maneuver through the battlefield using a new soldier move set, fortifications, and mobile tools of destruction.
  • Play Untold War Stories – Witness human drama set against global combat in the single player War Stories. Ski down Norwegian mountains as you battle for control of nuclear weapon supply lines, join the frontline with the French colonial troops, or go behind enemy lines in North Africa with a band of misfits sent to create mayhem.
  • Tides of War – Embark on a journey where new content drops continuously transport you and your Company to a huge variety of key WW2 locations, where new battlefields and gear await.

View : : :
60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Battlefield V Launches
Nov 20, 2018, 17:32
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 17:32
Nov 20, 2018, 17:32

Anyone remember the original WWII Battlefield? Yeah BF1942 remember that anyone? Remember how jawdroppingly awesome it was and how different it was from the standard fare shooters of the day? Now compare it to this latest iteration.

It looks pretty but the maps are fucking tiny. There is no strategy or tactics involved. Its basically a reskin of Call of Duty with the Battlefield name.

I mean I guess thats okay if you like CoD and it's clones but if you wan't to play a proper Battlefield game, this is not it.

I do like the destruction that is in the game, but it's obvious that they went for the CoD fans with this one. Im not saying its a bad game. It looks kind of fun, but its not a Battlefield game. Not by a long shot.

Nov 20, 2018, 17:23
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 17:23
Nov 20, 2018, 17:23

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 15:07:
I thought female characters wouldnt do much to the atmosphere in this game, but after seeing 2 hours of online gameplay and hearing females scream, yell and cry all the time, this game doesnt feel like WW2 at all. It feels weird. Funny how a little bit of PC can destroy everything. Oh yeah and they also censored the Nazi flag now...
Heil PC!

Yes, you've been quite upfront about hating women in general for a while. Meanwhile, necessitating the Nazi flag seems new for you. Guess you've never played the BF games, which, incidentally, have never had the Nazi flag. Go recheck Battlefield 1942 - you won't find the Nazi flag. But keep whining about "PC."

Nov 20, 2018, 17:13
Kxmode

Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 17:13
Nov 20, 2018, 17:13
 Kxmode

Is this the one with an alternate battle royale World War Z? Zombie
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Nov 20, 2018, 17:05
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 17:05
Nov 20, 2018, 17:05

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 15:32:
I thought female characters wouldnt do much to the atmosphere in this game, but after seeing 2 hours of online gameplay and hearing females scream, yell and cry all the time, this game doesnt feel like WW2 at all. It feels weird. Funny how a little bit of PC can destroy everything. Oh yeah and they also censored the Nazi flag now...
Heil PC!

I don't even mind the women being in game. I mean this is clearly not reality. However, when they die. Ugh. Even my girlfriend has commented on how fucking annoying the high pitched death screams are. I mean, you don't really notice the guys dying, but every time a woman is shot. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Damn lady! The voice actress must've been sore for days.

Everyone wants to jump all over people over complaining about adding women to Battlefield. Sure, some aren't getting the game because of it but I contend that it's the way they've implemented them, plus picking an era that is just too much a part of the historic record.

The lack of variation of the female scream voice recording doesn't help.

Nov 20, 2018, 16:06
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 16:06

I'm having fun with it. My favorite is support class, I'm kind of obsessed with building all fortifications in an area (nice way to farm points too). Still think its silly that all sides can use the same weapons, but whatever.

Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 16:06

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 14:14:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 14:02:
While the idea of getting rid of the Season Pass was a welcome idea, the resulting slow release of new content meant players didn't stick around to play any of it

I don't get it. Where is the correlation? You think EA work their slaves harder if the customers bought a season pass? Why would getting rid of the season pass result in a slower content delivery?

Personally, I have to say that getting rid of the season pass is one of the few really great things that EA has done.

P.S.: The Black Friday sale has started on Origin. BF1 has dropped to €4.99/9.99 with/without season pass.
Star Wars Battlefront II (which is season pass free) is also pretty cheap finally at €14.99. I'm almost considering it at that price though I might keep waiting for single digits. Too much other shit to play anyway...

I'm not a fan of season passes but people are mistakenly thinking they'll get the same amount of content with the new "live service" scheme, just look at Battlefront II and the amount of post game content released and the quality of that content.

We're still in a wait and see how they perform with Battlefield V but the known additional content for the game is looking pretty weak. I think one additional multiplayer map in March with a Greece setting.

Nov 20, 2018, 15:39
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 15:39
Nov 20, 2018, 15:39

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 15:32:
Heil PC!

I don't even mind the women being in game. I mean this is clearly not reality.

BF is not Wolfenstein.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Nov 20, 2018, 15:32
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 15:32
Nov 20, 2018, 15:32

Heil PC!

I don't even mind the women being in game. I mean this is clearly not reality. However, when they die. Ugh. Even my girlfriend has commented on how fucking annoying the high pitched death screams are. I mean, you don't really notice the guys dying, but every time a woman is shot. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Damn lady! The voice actress must've been sore for days.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Nov 20, 2018, 15:28
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 15:28
Nov 20, 2018, 15:28

Been playing since last week. Love it. SO much better than BF1, although some of the elements of the UI and map are the same.

- Like the time to kill - I always played hardcore as I hate bullet sponge mode. Could be even quicker, but I am OK with this as default mode.

- Love the ballistics. I love estimating the range and adjusting the zero on scopes, i love dropping machine gun fire in on people half a mile away.

-Destruction is good, but Bad Company 2 still seemed to be the pinnacle for this feature. Maybe I am just remembering it wrong.

- The new customization of the soldiers is cool. However, in game you barely notice. I see the cool paint on my gun, but that is it. Mostly you see it on the best squad screen after the match.

Grand Operations is awesome, if you have an hour to kill, ditto with the smaller Frontline matches. (Although they sometimes go super long)
Conquest is still where it is at, though. About 30 minutes a match, unless one side is getting slaughtered badly.

The surround sound in this game is amazing.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Nov 20, 2018, 15:16
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 15:16
Nov 20, 2018, 15:16

a

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2019, 00:48.

Nov 20, 2018, 15:07
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 15:07

I guess we can already do a "Why did Battlefield V fail" write up.

Have you actually played the game? IMO, it's by far the most battlefield a battlefield game has been for a while. If someone played the beta only, their view of the game is not accurate. I really disliked the beta, but the game on release is vastly different in terms of feel.

"Real world Political Correctness," I can only really take to mean, "you can play women," which I guess could be a problem? It's not accurate, I'll give you that, but it hasn't distracted me from the gameplay at all.

"Too far from the battlefield formula." This I don't get at all. They're very heavily in the battlefield formula. Likely the closest to BF1942 and BF2 that they've been in a long time, including asymmetrical vehicles.

"Rushed to market." They actually delayed release based on beta input to make changes, so I can't say this is founded in reality.

"Taking the setting to lesser known battles." The battles here are primarily pre-American involvement. So perhaps you're meaning, "no D-Day?" and "No battle of Berlin" or "No Stalingrad?" Either way, I have no doubt those will come up as they release more maps.

"Slow release of new content," now you're just guessing.

"Battle Royale mode splitting the community," there have always been different game modes in battlefield, and it hasn't cause problems historically.

In the end, I have to assume you just hate it because of their marketing choices, or you're deeply upset about women being involved. Maybe you played the beta and didn't like it? I hope that you give it a chance, because I suspect that you'd enjoy it, and if you have and don't... well, then not every game is for everyone.

Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 15:07

Heil PC!
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Nov 20, 2018, 14:51
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 14:51
Nov 20, 2018, 14:51

The hit you take from raytracing is brutal, there are plenty of tricks to get “more than good enough” reflections in games. Forza Horizon 3 and 4 can put reflections on every single car, ones that look very convincing. Maybe they’re not perfect, but at 120+ mph, who can tell anyway? Even at the starting line, rotating the camera around your car shows you the reflection of everything around it. The new Hitman game also apparently does spectacular reflections without raytracing.

RTX is gonna need to do more than just some reflections to sell me on the value of the tech. Good art teams and programmers have already pretty much solved the issue years ago. I guess if you want it to be SUPER accurate, Ray tracing will give you THAT, but is it truly something noticeable? I’d really like to see Forza Horizon or Hitman with a raytracing option for their reflections and see what the real difference is.

Nov 20, 2018, 14:44
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 14:44
Nov 20, 2018, 14:44

No map editors not interested.

Nov 20, 2018, 14:22
RaZ0r!

Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 14:22
Nov 20, 2018, 14:22
 RaZ0r!

I did the $15 for Premier as well to try out BFV. Also if I decide to purchase it you get 10% off any Origin Store purchases as a Premier subscriber. So I'll cancel my subscription after the first month either way, but may or may not purchase BFV for 10% off.
I pwnz j00!

Nov 20, 2018, 14:14
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 14:14

Nope. $/€14.99 is the regular monthly price for Origin Access Premier.
If anyone wants to just try BFV even cheaper for a limited time then the basic $4.99 sub (this one is only €3.99 in Euro land) gets you a 10 hour free trial.

My mistake.

The ever decreasing map count between games at launch is getting particularly irksome. This game only has 8 maps for $60, down from BF1 which itself was down from BF4. The value proposition gets even iffier if the game doesn't perform well and EA cancels subsequent content offerings, something not unheard of recently. The actual choice of maps is quite baffling too, not a lot to get excited about. I don't really care if they go in order or not but I would like to see more famous battles. I guess they wanted to go for more variety to showcase various engine features but it's a miss for me right now.

Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 14:14

While the idea of getting rid of the Season Pass was a welcome idea, the resulting slow release of new content meant players didn't stick around to play any of it

I don't get it. Where is the correlation? You think EA work their slaves harder if the customers bought a season pass? Why would getting rid of the season pass result in a slower content delivery?

Personally, I have to say that getting rid of the season pass is one of the few really great things that EA has done.

P.S.: The Black Friday sale has started on Origin. BF1 has dropped to €4.99/9.99 with/without season pass.
Star Wars Battlefront II (which is season pass free) is also pretty cheap finally at €14.99. I'm almost considering it at that price though I might keep waiting for single digits. Too much other shit to play anyway...

Nov 20, 2018, 14:02
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 14:02
Nov 20, 2018, 14:02

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 13:35:
the hit for RTX makes the feature almost unusable except for single player and screenshots. The difference between off and on is nearly equivalent to 1080p vs 4k.

BTW, what's this $15 talk? Is that some battlefield insider pricing or some shit?

If you jump on EA Access monthly game rental service you can now play all new EA titles for $15 a month.

I suppose if you're completely void of EA games it's a good deal but I'm not a fan of monthly service fees, some people are just doing the $15 rental for October and then canceling. Eventually EA will make you sign a three month contract or longer before you can cancel the service.

I guess we can already do a "Why did Battlefield V fail" write up.

• Brought to much real world political correctness into a WWII themed FPS game
  • Stepped too far from the Battlefield™ formula with all their changes
  • Rushed the game to market
  • Taking the setting to lesser known WWII battles eliminated the nostalgia factor that people were looking for
  • While the idea of getting rid of the Season Pass was a welcome idea, the resulting slow release of new content meant players didn't stick around to play any of it
  • Battle Royale mode just split the community so there weren't enough players for either the core modes or the BR mode

*Battle Royale mode isn't in the game yet but that's how I see it panning out.

Nov 20, 2018, 13:59
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 13:59
Nov 20, 2018, 13:59

Kain wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 13:42:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 13:35:
the hit for RTX makes the feature almost unusable except for single player and screenshots. The difference between off and on is nearly equivalent to 1080p vs 4k.

BTW, what's this $15 talk? Is that some battlefield insider pricing or some shit?

The $15 thing is probably people subscribing for a month to Origin Premier. It's normally $20 per month but I think there was a promo.

Nope. $/€14.99 is the regular monthly price for Origin Access Premier.
If anyone wants to just try BFV even cheaper for a limited time then the basic $4.99 sub (this one is only €3.99 in Euro land) gets you a 10 hour free trial.

I would not pay money for a demo though since I'm quite sure that there will be more completely free trials for Access in the future and maybe even a standalone free trial for BF V like they used to have on Origin for years before it turned into a sub service.

Nov 20, 2018, 13:49
Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 13:49
Nov 20, 2018, 13:49

El Pit wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 11:00:
I am waiting to read about raytracing in BFV - how good does it work with 2070/80/80Ti?

Dude, there are like a gazillion videos on YT on the subject (like here). The verdict is that it is really only an option on the 2080Ti and only in single player.
DICE will keep working on it and maybe the 2080 and 2070 will at least be able to deliver the same ~40fps as the 2080Ti on low RT settings.

Tsunami-like performance hit aside, the RT implementation in BFV still has a few minor visual glitches but it is supposed to look amazing otherwise.

The problem is the ~40fps on the 2080Ti is only viable in single player (well, or if you really just don't give a fuck about competing then go ahead and turn it on in mp, too).

In the heat of the action you're not likely going to notice the shiny new effects so as expected it's really more of a tech demo or RT showcase at this point.

TL;DR It's practically kinda useless at the moment
60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older