Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Tech Bits

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 21, 2018, 03:04 ultrabrite

"[Hypersurfaces] don’t require connection to the cloud for processing"
Now that's something new (again). I thought those days were gone for good...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 18:04 Burrito of Peace

I'd like a standing a desk, there's just never enough room for all my monitors.  

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 17:42 sliv

My standing desk at work really helps with my lower back pain.

Yep - mine too. I never considered it "exercise" to stand up so not sure where that notion came from.

My chiropractor said to get one to help with posture, spine alignment, and to keep me from sitting in one position for hours on end which is just bad all-around. I even bought a semi-uncomfortable stool I can either sit down or lean against so it forces me to get up on occasion.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 17:04 beigemore

My standing desk at work really helps with my lower back pain.  

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 13:04 jdreyer

Kain wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 11:58:
Standing desks aren't really overrated, people just aren't getting them for the right reasons. Ideally you use one to even out postural problems developed by sitting in the same position all day. It also helps reduce the potential for RSI, people who stand are more likely to move around throughout the day and get away from the desk.

It was never a form of exercise or something silly.

Treadmill desks, on the other hand...

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 13:04 jdreyer

Flatline wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 11:52:
He should have named the effort of launching the BFR into space the "Punch" so that he could repeatedly Falcon Punch the international space station.

Also, any astronauts riding in this new rocket should be called "Troopers" and right before launch they have to shout to the tower "C'mon you apes! You want to live forever?!"

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 12:45 RedEye9

Starship
How appropriate since Elon Musk's Tesla, launched by the Falcon Rocket, is now a satellite of our Star.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 11:58 Kain

Standing desks aren't really overrated, people just aren't getting them for the right reasons. Ideally you use one to even out postural problems developed by sitting in the same position all day. It also helps reduce the potential for RSI, people who stand are more likely to move around throughout the day and get away from the desk.

It was never a form of exercise or something silly.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 11:52 Flatline

He should have named the effort of launching the BFR into space the "Punch" so that he could repeatedly Falcon Punch the international space station.  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 11:27 Mr. Tact

Elon doesn't like that logic stuff...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 20, 2018, 10:21 Cutter

Yeah but it's not a starship is it? A starship should by all accounts be able to travel to different stars.

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo