Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Adds Australian Pricing

A post on Steam from Valve announces that products on Steam now offer localized prices in Australian dollars for customers down under (thanks PCGamesN). The lack of local pricing in Australia has long been a frustration for gamers in the region, we can point to a story from over seven years ago with complaints about AU price-gouging. Here's word on what's changing and what's staying the same:
The entire Steam catalog is now priced in Australian Dollars for customers living in Australia.

Frequently Asked Questions

What happened to USD in my Steam Wallet?
Australian accounts with Steam Wallets in USD have automatically been converted to Australian Dollars, at a conversion rate dictated by market value at the time of conversion. To view your wallet balance and account details, go to https://store.steampowered.com/account.

Can I continue to make purchases in USD?
The Australian Dollar is the currency that is available for purchases made in Australia.

Has the availability of games on Steam changed with this?
No changes have been made to the contents of your library. All of the languages and features in the games that existed when the store was priced in USD are still available. Most games previously available in USD are now priced in AUD and are available for purchase in Australia, but an occasional product may be missing until it is priced in AUD.
View

10. Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing Nov 16, 2018, 19:58 Ventura

Sledge1 wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 18:55:
Still showing as USD to me...

Yeah, me too. Why is the post written as if it's been done already?

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 16, 09:26 Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing CJ_Parker
  2. Nov 16, 11:54 Re: etc. deqer
  3. Nov 16, 12:52  Re: etc. Prez
  4. Nov 16, 12:55 Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing theyarecomingforyou
  5. Nov 16, 14:19 Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing KS
  6. Nov 16, 15:14 Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing Cutter
  7. Nov 16, 15:44  Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing Grokk
  11. Nov 16, 21:56  Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing jdreyer
  8. Nov 16, 18:55 Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing Sledge1
  9. Nov 16, 19:13  Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing Burrito of Peace