Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Cloudpunk Announced

Developer ION LANDS announces Cloudpunk, saying this "stylish story-driven cyberpunk game with a unique voxel aesthetic" will come to Steam next year. Word is this puts the player in the role of a delivery driver, but sadly, this hero/protagonist does not deliver pizza for the Mafia. This trailer introduces the game, conveying a Blade Runner vibe. Here's more:

Become a courier driver for Cloudpunk Inc., the semi-legal delivery company based in the sprawling city of Nivalis. You go everywhere, from the Marrow below to the spires that pierce the grey clouds high above before scraping the edge of the troposphere. No delivery job is too dangerous, and no one is faster than a Cloudpunk driver.

In this story-based cyberpunk game, you will meet a diverse range of characters including androids, AI and unscrupulous humans at every level of society. Everyone has a story to tell, and in the course of one night in Nivalis, everything will change. Cloudpunk is scheduled for a PC launch in 2019.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Cloudpunk Announced Nov 12, 2018, 17:38 jdreyer

Great world building. Can't tell what kind of game it is though. Adventure?  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Cloudpunk Announced Nov 12, 2018, 14:55 Mordecai Walfish

"Cloudpunk" made me think of the story of "Cloud", from this old VHS with animations from a festival/competition in Japan I somehow managed to hold on to since the 80's, called Robot Carnival.

4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 12, 2018, 14:26 Xero

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 13:39:
Not sure how I feel about the retro graphics, but they nailed the Bladerunner atmosphere.

I do wonder though what Rockstar could do with a Bladerunner license. Hell even without it, I think GTA Cyberpunk style could be kind of awesome.

If there is any company that can challenge CDPR CyberPunk, it is Rockstar. Only they have the team large enough to put together a fully realized world as they've done with GTA and Red Dead. I would totally eat it up also.

Heck, it's about time Rockstar tries something new. Why not get in on the Cyberpunk world? It's a goldmine waiting to pop.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 12, 2018, 13:39 VaranDragon

Not sure how I feel about the retro graphics, but they nailed the Bladerunner atmosphere.

I do wonder though what Rockstar could do with a Bladerunner license. Hell even without it, I think GTA Cyberpunk style could be kind of awesome.

2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 12, 2018, 13:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Love the atmosphere in this. Hope the gameplay is as cool.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

1. Re: Cloudpunk Announced Nov 12, 2018, 12:17 Cutter

Looks good. Color me interested.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo