Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC

Square Enix just announces the departure of Hajime Tabata, the game director of the Final Fantasy series along with word they are cancelling three of the four DLC packs they were planning for Final Fantasy XV. Kotaku has the details on what this means for the action/RPG sequel:

Square Enix just announced in a livestream that three of the four upcoming pieces of downloadable content for Final Fantasy XV have been cancelled. The one remaining will be out next year.

Back in April, we were told there’d be four more pieces of DLC coming for the 2016 game, with episodes called Ardyn, Aranea, Luna and Noctis. Only Ardyn is left, and it’ll be out in March 2019.

In addition to the cancellations, it was also announced that Hajime Tabata, the man who took over from Tetsuya Nomura as director of the game in 2013, has left Square Enix.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC Nov 9, 2018, 12:06 Icewind

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 18:55:
Square has sunk so much money into very mediocre games under his leadership, with ff XV being probably the best work he was responsible (in part) for, and now they shut that down and let him go.

I think it's a good thing. Maybe they can find someone that will give their long time fans what they've been asking for, instead of the monumental money drains they've been churning out. The mmo was good after they scrapped the original one too.. but having to rebuild the game like that must have taken a tremendous amount of money and resources to what was supposed to be a already-finished game.

Give us remakes that aren't fucking Android/mobile ports. It's nice their games are coming to PC now, but most of them are pump n' dump Android ports which is just fucking sad. The amount of money they squandered by not doing their old titles justice with proper remakes is astonishing. FF7 is in the works.. but who knows if that will even come out at this point, with how endlessly teased and delayed it's been.

Either way, hopefully they do better with new leadership. Square can and should do better.

I want to get excited about the FF7 remake, but since it's going to be episodic, I'm more than likely going to wait until the whole thing has been released and then catch in on sale in a complete bundle. Even then, I worry if the gameplay will be decent, since it's going the ARPG route. I wasn't fond of 15's combat, and if FF7 is more of the same, I might just pass it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC Nov 8, 2018, 18:55 Mordecai Walfish

Square has sunk so much money into very mediocre games under his leadership, with ff XV being probably the best work he was responsible (in part) for, and now they shut that down and let him go.

I think it's a good thing. Maybe they can find someone that will give their long time fans what they've been asking for, instead of the monumental money drains they've been churning out. The mmo was good after they scrapped the original one too.. but having to rebuild the game like that must have taken a tremendous amount of money and resources to what was supposed to be a already-finished game.

Give us remakes that aren't fucking Android/mobile ports. It's nice their games are coming to PC now, but most of them are pump n' dump Android ports which is just fucking sad. The amount of money they squandered by not doing their old titles justice with proper remakes is astonishing. FF7 is in the works.. but who knows if that will even come out at this point, with how endlessly teased and delayed it's been.

Either way, hopefully they do better with new leadership. Square can and should do better.

5. Re: Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC Nov 8, 2018, 16:57 Lorcin

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 15:41:
I'm guessing that Squenix didn't want to pay for it, and Tabata left because of it. Fuckers. The only reason Ardyn (the one DLC nobody wants) is still coming is because it's likely already done.

Weird I guessed he'd delivered nothing or very low quality and got fired.

4. Re: Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC Nov 8, 2018, 16:57 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 15:41:
WTF? I was really looking forward to the Luna and Noctis DLC. This sucks.

I'm guessing that Squenix didn't want to pay for it, and Tabata left because of it. Fuckers. The only reason Ardyn (the one DLC nobody wants) is still coming is because it's likely already done.

Shit. I guess we're stuck with this garbage ending for all time now. :\

Just go ahead and make one up in your mind, we do it all the time anymore.

3. Re: Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC Nov 8, 2018, 15:41 Creston

WTF? I was really looking forward to the Luna and Noctis DLC. This sucks.

Shit. I guess we're stuck with this garbage ending for all time now. :\

2. Re: Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC Nov 8, 2018, 12:55 MacLeod

GinRummy wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 12:52:
Did they sell a season pass for it? Sucks if you bought it. I'd demand a refund if so.

All the season pass DLC was finished and released already.

They announced they were continuing extended support for the game by releasing 4 more DLCs.

It's a bit dissapointing really, ending the series on a DLC about the villain is odd, and I was really looking forward to the Luna one to flesh out her character. Seems like much of her story got cut from the original game.

1. Re: Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC Nov 8, 2018, 12:52 GinRummy

Did they sell a season pass for it? Sucks if you bought it. I'd demand a refund if so.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo