Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 9, 2018, 15:46 Muscular Beaver

SunnyD wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 20:48:
Anymore these days it feels to me as if Redmond has been infiltrated by a cell of Linux freedom couch-potatoes (freedom fighters sounded funny coming off the tongue) that are successfully doing from the inside what they could not from without.

Not by obvious harm and sabotage, but by taking MS down this path towards OS as a service, accounts payable at months' end; constant updates that screw up constantly; and their telling 'ME' what's gonna happen on my machine when they wish it too ( updates forceably shoved down the pipe and interrupting your sense of security (crap, what's gonna break this time? ))

Pretty much, yeah.
The interesting part is that there isnt much criticism. I mean there is, but not in the mainstream. The professionals all shoot at MS, but the media doesnt mention all this crap much at all. Quite the contrary, you actually find lots of people defending them. With laughable points at that. They sound much worse than the normal fanboy. They literally sound like they are bought shills.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 9, 2018, 05:58 Burrito of Peace

<Just smiles in Linux>  

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 8, 2018, 20:48 SunnyD

Anymore these days it feels to me as if Redmond has been infiltrated by a cell of Linux freedom couch-potatoes (freedom fighters sounded funny coming off the tongue) that are successfully doing from the inside what they could not from without.

Not by obvious harm and sabotage, but by taking MS down this path towards OS as a service, accounts payable at months' end; constant updates that screw up constantly; and their telling 'ME' what's gonna happen on my machine when they wish it too ( updates forceably shoved down the pipe and interrupting your sense of security (crap, what's gonna break this time? ))

Every bit of news concerning Linux and its approach to the day when I can see 'OS Required: Windows, Mac, Linux' in equal measure in the requirements for modern games/programs has me giddy with antic....... ipation. ++Go team Steam!++

Win XP was my last hurrah for MS. Win 10 is my Exit This Way sign.

Edit: Spellink is hard.
~Finis~

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2018, 21:12.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 8, 2018, 18:42 eRe4s3r

Yeah that was fun, the only thing worse then the bugs in W10 is MS's absolutely garbage communication strategy.  

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 8, 2018, 18:38 RedEye9

A customer called and said Microsoft wants him to buy another copy of Windows.
I told him It's Working As Expected.

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 8, 2018, 15:38 wtf_man

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 15:09:
https://linuxmint.com/

Amen.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 8, 2018, 15:09 RedEye9

Wonders 10 subscriptions are right around the corner.
Windows 10 '365' only $9.95 per month or $99 per year.
https://linuxmint.com/

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 8, 2018, 13:41 noman

I ran into this issue yesterday, and spent two hours on phone with Microsoft support. I didn't know about this activation server glitch, and apparently neither did the support people.

After failing to activate my Windows 8.1 keys multiple times, the issue got escalated, and then in the end the tier-2 or tier-3 support generated a new Win10 Pro key for me, and even that didn't activate correctly. They gave up, and set up another diagnostic session couple of weeks for now.

Half an hour later, I saw that the new key was activated. Lots of wasted time, but I did get a new Win10Pro key.

By the way, once the Windows installation goes out of activation, immediate action isn't needed, since it continues to perform as before for the most part.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo