Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare on More Mass Effect

The BioWare Blog revels in N7 Day 2018, this year's installment in their annual celebration of the Mass Effect series. This includes the latest indication that another game will come in the sci-fi series in the this embedded video. The clip discusses the impact of the series on fans, and has some reflections from the developers. This concludes with a coffee toast from Casey Hudson, who says of N7 Day, "It means coming to the studio every day, dreaming about what the next great Mass Effect game will be." Mike Gamble offers more on Twitter (thanks PCGamesN), saying:

Happy #N7Day to everyone! I love this IP deeply, and we’ve grown together over the years as fans and developers in it. We still have stories left to tell in this universe...the future is bright.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 10, 2018, 21:25 Kxmode

Slashman wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 11:18:
Yeah up until the end in which none of your major choices mattered one iota.

I think that was less the fault of the writers and more a technological limit and something the Quantum Dreams devs resolved for Detriot Become Human.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 9, 2018, 11:18 Slashman

Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 02:49:
Technically, Shepard and the Reapers is a generic sci-fi setting, but the way in which the writers told the story was amazing.

Yeah up until the end in which none of your major choices mattered one iota.

18. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 9, 2018, 02:49 Kxmode

Technically, Shepard and the Reapers is a generic sci-fi setting, but the way in which the writers told the story was amazing.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

17. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 15:19 Flatline

Kxmode wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 15:13:
Why is there an N7 Day? I mean I like Mass Effect, but it's not that big, and I wager the IP took a hit with Andromeda. I liked Andromeda's story, but the antagonist was nowhere as threating as the Reapers from the ME trilogy.

Was there even an N7 day last year? I don't remember there being one. Sounds like someone dreamed it up to keep the IP on life support.

I'm done with ME though. I played ME1-3 and it told a story and even though the ending blew chunks many of the stories leading *up* to the ending of 3 were magnificent (I'm looking at Mordin and the genophage story in particular, even Tali's story was sweet and moving). Basically, anything the head writer *didn't* touch was worthwhile and even splendid.

But it ended. I'm done. Moving on. There's no more story to tell. I mean technically there's plenty of room in the ME setting but to me without Shepard and the reapers it's kind of a generic sci fi setting and a new IP could probably better serve.

16. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 15:13 Kxmode

Why is there an N7 Day? I mean I like Mass Effect, but it's not that big, and I wager the IP took a hit with Andromeda. I liked Andromeda's story, but the antagonist was nowhere as threating as the Reapers from the ME trilogy.  

15. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 14:56 Muscular Beaver

Never completed Andromeda, even though I played it for about 15 hours. It had far too much forced and repeated content, the combat and research sucked, the political propaganda was evident. It felt as if it has no soul. So it became boring quickly.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

14. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 11:43 Creston

Well, I sure hope so, Bioware. At the least remake ME1-3 into one trilogy game.

Story wise I was thinking it'd be cool to see the Andromeda settlers return to the Milky Way as invaders in a new ME game.

13. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 10:04 Cutter

Whilst it's good to see more CRPGs that aren't high fantasy Mass Effect is decent but nothing great.

"If you promote conformity, don't be surprised if that's what you get." - Ken Robinson

12. Re: Rise of the EA bullies Nov 8, 2018, 09:46 Scheherazade

WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 20:35:
I really like the Mass Effect series. Now Andromeda had it's problems, though I did like the story. I did not like that EA dropped support for the game, because of harsh complaints that were over a known racist working on the game. Other than that the game was fun. Looking forward to another game in the series. This time I hope support isn't dropped because of complaints. The reason EA really dropped support for Andromeda was as a warning. Complain and we won't support the game anymore. Or so that's my take on it. Like a parent to a child that cries at the mall. Stop crying or we go home right now.

I had to google this 'EA drops support for mass effect because racist' thing because I never heard of it.
Nothing came up. Only thing I found was some Manveer Heir dude shit posting on social media, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I hope support wasn't dropped too early, else that would be screwing a lot of customers.

-scheherazade

11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 8, 2018, 09:25 CJ_Parker

Kajetan wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 07:13:
Rhett wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 22:43:
Wasn't the B-team working on Andromeda while the A-team were likely working on Anthem?
Yes. Responsible for Andromeda was Bioware Montreal, a new EA studio. Which was dissolved only six months after Andromedas release.

But its on EA to task a new AAA game of an established franchise to a new, inexperienced team, which had to make all new tools and assets, struggling with the switch from UE3 to the Frostbite engine, which was not designed to be used for a RPG.

The Montreal team did not ship a full title before but they worked on the multiplayer for ME3 so it's not like they were totally green. In fact, to be employed by BioWare at all, well, I doubt that you would go very far if you were a n00b.

Also, it should have been/must have been an awesome honor for a relatively new team to get the chance to work on the next entry in such a franchise. Everyone should have doubled their efforts for the Emperor!

Seriously, let's stop making excuses for those fuckers. They fucked it up all by themselves. I doubt that EA demanded retarded characters, retarded dialogue, a shallow story, lame missions and fucked up faces.

10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 8, 2018, 07:13 Kajetan

Rhett wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 22:43:
Wasn't the B-team working on Andromeda while the A-team were likely working on Anthem?
Yes. Responsible for Andromeda was Bioware Montreal, a new EA studio. Which was dissolved only six months after Andromedas release.

But its on EA to task a new AAA game of an established franchise to a new, inexperienced team, which had to make all new tools and assets, struggling with the switch from UE3 to the Frostbite engine, which was not designed to be used for a RPG.

9. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 04:42 Quinn

Create a new IP. Leave Mass Effect to rot away.

When you have to jump to another galaxy to continue a story, you know you've made a mistake somewhere.

I still cannot get past ME3's ending. Commander Shepherd was supposed to be the variable that differed from all annihilations before -- because, if you made the right choices, you managed to unite all the races to fight the Reapers. But all mattered fuck all, however. Apparently all we needed were some engineers to build some Catalyst, but even that was a fool's errand really.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

8. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 01:45 Mordhaus

You killed Mass Effect. Bury it and move on.  

7. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 01:01 CJ_Parker

Yawn. It's dead, Jim.  

6. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 7, 2018, 23:59 El Pit

Mass Effect: The Mobile Game?  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

5. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 7, 2018, 22:43 Rhett

And I really liked Andromeda's combat. It sticks out to me, because it was so fluid. Can't really comment on the story though.

4. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 7, 2018, 22:03 Jivaro

Honestly..if there is a sci-fi series that needs to pull a alternate timeline type of reboot like Star Trek did, this one would be it. Change a couple of things (particularly the end of 3) and this series gets right back on track.

Mass Effect without Shephard, or something indicating all the shit we did with Shephard meant something to this universe, just feels very wrong.

3. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Nov 7, 2018, 22:02 Shineyguy

It'd better be a tie up to the end of Andromeda damnit. Game had its issues but for me the story wasn't one of those.  

2. Re: Rise of the EA bullies Nov 7, 2018, 20:39 Burrito of Peace

If Andromeda is the indicator of the future of the Mass Effect series, then I do not particularly care if there is never another Mass Effect game.  

1. Rise of the EA bullies Nov 7, 2018, 20:35 WitcherOntheProwl

I really like the Mass Effect series. Now Andromeda had it's problems, though I did like the story. I did not like that EA dropped support for the game, because of harsh complaints that were over a known racist working on the game. Other than that the game was fun. Looking forward to another game in the series. This time I hope support isn't dropped because of complaints. The reason EA really dropped support for Andromeda was as a warning. Complain and we won't support the game anymore. Or so that's my take on it. Like a parent to a child that cries at the mall. Stop crying or we go home right now.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2018, 01:08.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo