Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 76 Roadmap

Bethesda offers this post on Reddit, thanking players for participating in their B.E.T.A. for Fallout 76, and outlining changes they are planning for the RPG based on feedback from testers:

We’d like to extend our sincerest thanks to everyone who played the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. The stories you’ve been sharing, the feedback you’ve provided, and the issues you’ve made us aware of have been appreciated along this journey.

We’ve been reading everyone’s comments and wanted to share some of what will be addressed on or close to launch and what we’re investigating post-launch.

We encourage you to keep sharing it with us whether that’s on Reddit, social channels like Twitter and Facebook, and our official forums.

Thank you again for your continued support.

• Ultra-Wide Support: We will support 21:9 post launch. Once available, or shortly before, we’ll be sure to post our patch notes that let you know when to expect it.
  • Larger Stash Size: We’ve seen this one come up a lot and understand the frustration. While the Stash size at 400 weight limit can get easier to deal with over time, we do plan on increasing it in the future.
  • Push-to-Talk [UPDATED]: While we aim to create a consistent experience no matter what platform you’re on, we understand that some of you on PC would like the option for Push-to-Talk. Our goal with voice chat being on by default is to highlight that the world is alive with real people, other players like you. We like to start with encouraging player interaction and will look into adding this in the future be adding this in the near future.
  • FOV Slider: We haven’t supported FOV sliders in our previous games as it is known to break a lot of animations and causes a lot of clipping to occur onscreen. You do have the option to zoom out in third person on PC by holding View and moving the mousewheel, but we won’t be able to have it for first person view.
  • Exploits of Various Types: Many exploits we’ve seen reported have been known and will be addressed in a future update.
  • Issues with social menu and inviting friends/making teams/etc.: Those who were experiencing issues with the social components will find that many of these issues have been fixed. We will continue to fix issues as they arise as fast as we’re able to, so keep letting us know when you run into them.
  • Hunger not being sated: Some were saying their “Hunger bar” wouldn’t replenish no matter how much they ate or how cleared of diseases they were. This issue has been addressed and will be in a future update so no more hungry dwellers.
  • Loud Gunshot/Noises: The issue of players hearing sudden random gunshot/loud sounds around Appalachia will be addressed in a future update near launch.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 10, 2018, 23:19 necrosis

MeanJim wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 04:15:
necrosis wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 23:11:
LOL "real speakers" "crappy headphones".

If you are worth a shit you are using headphones and a good pair. I bet your mic is something you picked up in a Radio Shack close out sale for 25 cents.

Did I strike a nerve or are your undies always in a bunch? I like to feel my audio, so I have a 300 Watt surround sound system on my gaming rig. No headphones can't come close to the the experience of a good surround sound system. My mic isn't a cheap one either like you assume. I use a lavalier microphone, which helps cut down on picking up the game sounds from my speakers and background noises, plus having it close also cuts down on it picking up other voices coming from the speakers. I have used it open mic without my friends hearing my game audio or their own voices, but it takes a bit of tuning to get the threshold set right to only pick up my voice. It's easier to just use PTT, especially if one person's mic is louder than everyone else's.
And your reply continues to show how much of a stuck up tool you are.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 16:54 HorrorScope

christheshitter wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 09:14:
You and Cutter are the only ones i have respect for on Blues. The others seems to be braindead morons who buy every crap the big publishers put up in their face.

Little you know about any of us really. I haven't bought a $60 AAA game since I don't know when, $50 to. I don't pre-order. Do I play some of them? Yeah when they are cheaper are patched up.

I think they are making a mistake here with both and there is a solid chance they will be patched in. When that day happens it proves they were wrong. Bethesda has FU money though, so maybe not, but lesser companies learn the simple things over and over and fix.

What I don't do is constantly bitch about gaming, because if you fall into that line why even participate in gaming? Also the devs have the right to put to market what they want, we don't have to buy and we have tons of options. If FO76 sucks, no real big, this isn't 2000, where you get literally a half dozen good games a year and you want to live in them because they have to last until the next.

It does sound like they are going to learn some real lessons with this release.

26. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 16:39 Osc8r

Oh noes, PVP, what ever will i do if someone attacks me whilst i kill braindead mobs over and over and over and over and over.

But yes, i agree, they should have PVE servers so they can keep their carebear BS rules off the PVP servers, cause currently the game caters to neither market.

Some of my best memories in gaming are still from AC1 darktide, hanging out in newby zones and protecting the new players from 'random pk's'. Or raiding & holding RPK's towns or hunting spots with alliances of 'anti pk's.

Griefers, pre-teens and random pk's = content in well designed PVP games, just a shame these games died when WOW turned PVP into some console, instanced, carebear fest where PVP was nothing more than an emotionless PVP point grind.

25. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 14:01 DarkCntry

El Pit wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 13:53:
Come on, you know how it goes once the game is sold. Idiots will start mobs running around killing you and/or sabotaging your missions. NO WAY I will touch this game with forced pvp. Not even if it should ever go free to play. If you got no problem with griefers and other human ticks, good for you. I won't bother with them or games that allow those knuckledraggers to anger me. Plenty of other games to play...

As I said originally, killing a player that isn't retaliating the pretty prohibitive. Between the very reduced damage and the ease in which you can escape people attacking you, there's no reason to really be attacking anyone right now.

There are only two things in game right now that predicate PVP are taking over world workshops that produce free resources on a time and the Nukes. The only one of the two that are useful is the nukes because it creates the irradiated zones for rare materials...but that's open to anyone who wants to brave those areas after they are created.

There's really little in the way of open-world opportunities for griefing during things like quests, everything required for them are instanced for each person.

24. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 13:53 El Pit

DarkCntry wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 13:26:
El Pit wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 11:46:
DarkCntry wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 00:54:
No strict-PVE only servers, and you can be killed, but it is pretty prohibitive right now in that it takes a lot to kill someone who doesn't retaliate and is in pacifist mode.

Beyond that though, even if you do die, the most you lose is a little bit of time and a few pieces of junk items.

Nevertheless, forced PvP is an absolute no-buy for me. Would not even play it for free.

The only thing that is even close to doable when it comes to PVP are the launching of the nukes, and even then that's equally as prohibitive in killing all but the most clueless of players.

Personally I've never been killed by another person in all the beta I participated in, and outside of those that are going to go out of their way to be assholes, it's simple enough to get away from them.

Come on, you know how it goes once the game is sold. Idiots will start mobs running around killing you and/or sabotaging your missions. NO WAY I will touch this game with forced pvp. Not even if it should ever go free to play. If you got no problem with griefers and other human ticks, good for you. I won't bother with them or games that allow those knuckledraggers to anger me. Plenty of other games to play...

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

23. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 13:26 DarkCntry

El Pit wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 11:46:
No strict-PVE only servers, and you can be killed, but it is pretty prohibitive right now in that it takes a lot to kill someone who doesn't retaliate and is in pacifist mode.

Beyond that though, even if you do die, the most you lose is a little bit of time and a few pieces of junk items.

Nevertheless, forced PvP is an absolute no-buy for me. Would not even play it for free.

The only thing that is even close to doable when it comes to PVP are the launching of the nukes, and even then that's equally as prohibitive in killing all but the most clueless of players.

Personally I've never been killed by another person in all the beta I participated in, and outside of those that are going to go out of their way to be assholes, it's simple enough to get away from them.

22. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 11:46 El Pit

Capitan wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 00:20:
Can you be killed by another unknown player? I'm just curious. I hesitate to buy it just because there are always idiots who think it's funny to destroy your experience or mission and so on.

Acleacius wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 23:28:
Is it known yet, if there are pve only servers or are pve players protected on general servers (i.e. pvp must be agreed to between both parties)? Iirc, it's how Conan Exiles handled it.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

21. No FoV slider... Nov 8, 2018, 11:24 Jagacademy

GG.

20. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 11:00 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 10:24:
They say the game will be online "forever", which means maybe 5 years at the most before they pull the plug on it, or whenever it becomes unprofitable. Those two issues are deal breakers for me.

Are there other games from Bethesda which can give us an idea towards their commitment of uptime on multiplayer games though? Bethesda makes questionable decisions but I don't get the impression that they'd stoop to EA levels of anti-consumer practices by removing the game entirely by shutting it down especially if most of the critical aspects are client-side where someone could mod in an(un)official offline mode much like what happened in the last SimCity.

That's just me spitballing though.

19. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 10:55 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 10:24:

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 06:36:
Some people are extremely sensitive to motion sickness, which is a major problem if the FOV cannot be user configured.

FoV sickness is not the same as motion sickness though. I can play games like Prey (the original with its pretty wild upside/down "4D" gameplay), I can play every single other FPS just fine, I can ride rollercoasters and I can fly gliders but gimme a game with a low FoV and I feel like puking within a few minutes.

It's like the narrow FoV passes straight through the eyes right into the brain and triggers something within. It is immediately physically painful to play like an oncoming migraine and then the sickness sets in very quickly.

It has nothing to do with motion sickness though. The last time I puked (with no alcohol involved that is... I puked quite a few times in my teens and twens from drinking too much ofc ) was at age 14 so 32 years ago.
I have naturally been on many turbulent flights, boat trips, rollercoasters etc. since then but never got sick.
Well, I have also never puked from poor FoV (yet) but it was pretty close a few times.

So, yeah, fuck no PoV slider. Another excellent reason to ignore this piece of shit.

I couldn't put it any better.

You and Cutter are the only ones i have respect for on Blues. The others seems to be braindead morons who buy every crap the big publishers put up in their face.

Thanks but I'm never going to say something is inherently bad simply because I don't like it.

*Falls out of chair laughing*
Oh, I can't breath. I can't breath.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 10:24 Cutter

Some people are extremely sensitive to motion sickness, which is a major problem if the FOV cannot be user configured.

FoV sickness is not the same as motion sickness though. I can play games like Prey (the original with its pretty wild upside/down "4D" gameplay), I can play every single other FPS just fine, I can ride rollercoasters and I can fly gliders but gimme a game with a low FoV and I feel like puking within a few minutes.

It's like the narrow FoV passes straight through the eyes right into the brain and triggers something within. It is immediately physically painful to play like an oncoming migraine and then the sickness sets in very quickly.

It has nothing to do with motion sickness though. The last time I puked (with no alcohol involved that is... I puked quite a few times in my teens and twens from drinking too much ofc ) was at age 14 so 32 years ago.
I have naturally been on many turbulent flights, boat trips, rollercoasters etc. since then but never got sick.
Well, I have also never puked from poor FoV (yet) but it was pretty close a few times.

So, yeah, fuck no PoV slider. Another excellent reason to ignore this piece of shit.

Thanks but I'm never going to say something is inherently bad simply because I don't like it. It's just bad for me IMO. I don't mind overall concept of this game it's just the forced PvP bullshit. Any gamer who's been around long enough has seen that time and again and knows what the end result is. Hines is just an arrogant asshole if thinks they can have this and eliminate griefers too. Ain't gonna' happen.

That and players can't host their own private servers. Oh sure you can do that so long as it goes through Bethsoft, and again, we've all seen that before. They say the game will be online "forever", which means maybe 5 years at the most before they pull the plug on it, or whenever it becomes unprofitable. Those two issues are deal breakers for me.

"If you promote conformity, don't be surprised if that's what you get." - Ken Robinson

17. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 09:46 ForgedReality

Nobody cares about this dumb game.  

16. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 09:44 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 09:43:
Avus wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 09:30:
I hate games like Rust and this game remain me of Rust (with some kind of PvP protection)

To be fair, it looks like this game will have about 10000% more actual content other than fighting fellow players. There is virtually nothing for you to do in Rust if you were to play it by yourself, whereas FO76 has quests and various monsters roaming around, etc.

But zero NPC's

15. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 09:43 jacobvandy

Avus wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 09:30:
I hate games like Rust and this game remain me of Rust (with some kind of PvP protection)

To be fair, it looks like this game will have about 10000% more actual content other than fighting fellow players. There is virtually nothing for you to do in Rust if you were to play it by yourself, whereas FO76 has quests and various monsters roaming around, etc.

14. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 09:30 Avus

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

13. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 09:14 christheshitter

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2018, 09:33.

12. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 06:50 CJ_Parker

11. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 06:36 theyarecomingforyou

FOV Slider: We haven’t supported FOV sliders in our previous games as it is known to break a lot of animations and causes a lot of clipping to occur onscreen. You do have the option to zoom out in third person on PC by holding View and moving the mousewheel, but we won’t be able to have it for first person view.
Seriously?! It really is time that they ditch that ancient engine. FOV sliders allow users to configure the game for their particular setup - the size of their monitor, aspect ratio and distance from screen. Some people are extremely sensitive to motion sickness, which is a major problem if the FOV cannot be user configured.

This game seems like a complete mess from everything I've seen so far.

8700K @ 4.9GHz / Kraken X62 / 32GB DDR4
GTX 1080 Ti OC / Optane 900P

10. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 04:15 MeanJim

necrosis wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 23:11:
LOL "real speakers" "crappy headphones".

If you are worth a shit you are using headphones and a good pair. I bet your mic is something you picked up in a Radio Shack close out sale for 25 cents.

Did I strike a nerve or are your undies always in a bunch? I like to feel my audio, so I have a 300 Watt surround sound system on my gaming rig. No headphones can't come close to the the experience of a good surround sound system. My mic isn't a cheap one either like you assume. I use a lavalier microphone, which helps cut down on picking up the game sounds from my speakers and background noises, plus having it close also cuts down on it picking up other voices coming from the speakers. I have used it open mic without my friends hearing my game audio or their own voices, but it takes a bit of tuning to get the threshold set right to only pick up my voice. It's easier to just use PTT, especially if one person's mic is louder than everyone else's.

MeanJim on Steam

9. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 00:54 DarkCntry

Capitan wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 00:20:
Can you be killed by another unknown player? I'm just curious. I hesitate to buy it just because there are always idiots who think it's funny to destroy your experience or mission and so on.

Acleacius wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 23:28:
Is it known yet, if there are pve only servers or are pve players protected on general servers (i.e. pvp must be agreed to between both parties)? Iirc, it's how Conan Exiles handled it.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo