Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 8, 2018, 09:21 christheshitter

Trust me the Somalians won't care if you live under the GDPR protective laws.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 21:25 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 18:41:
I haven't had a Robocall in nearly a year now... bless GDPR
Damn Europeans. Why do you hate capitalism?

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 19:57 Genesys

Capella wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 16:14:
Anyone have any luck with hiya?
Hiya works well for me, as does the AT&T Call Protect app (which uses Hiya internally). You can have it block spam or same-prefix-spoofed calls, or just label them so you can decline the call yourself.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 18:41 eRe4s3r

I haven't had a Robocall in nearly a year now... bless GDPR  

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 16:32 jacobvandy

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 14:35:
Yeah, I get that occasionally, not very often though. I've never received a call with a message which didn't have a voice to text conversion in the email with it. So, now if there is no text I assume it is a blank message and just delete the email.

Ah, then I misunderstood. I thought you had a way to stop those blank message emails from showing up at all.

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 16:14 Capella

Anyone have any luck with hiya?  

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 15:41 Cutter

Yeah, I only give my cell to friends and family, so virtually no spam. Any service that asks me for a cell # in order to use I simply won't use.

"If you promote conformity, don't be surprised if that's what you get." - Ken Robinson

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 15:22 Flatline

Prez wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 12:00:
Retired wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 10:17:
Why robocalls have taken over your phone.

Lobbyists. Thank your lawmaker.

Spam/Robocall centers are as bad as rapists, child molesters, murderers, people who talk on their phone in the theater, and Electronic Arts. Okay, not really, but they all make me equally as angry. I get a minimum of 7 of these calls a day. My phone's block list is over 200 numbers large yet the calls keep coming. It's maddening.

Yeah I get 5-7 a day too. Google's vanilla android catches about half of them. I wish android would introduce a whitelist option, where if it wasn't coming from a number in your contacts, it goes straight to voicemail.

What's interesting is I've moved cities, but kept my cell number the same. I get all my robocalls from the new area code. I'm not sure how they know I'm in a new area code. It makes filtering easy though, since I only expect like 3 numbers from this area code these days.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 14:35 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I get that occasionally, not very often though. I've never received a call with a message which didn't have a voice to text conversion in the email with it. So, now if there is no text I assume it is a blank message and just delete the email.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 13:45 jacobvandy

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 12:11:
I have it setup so if someone actually leaves a message, it gets forwarded to my email.

Is that part of the paid option, or is there some way to set a filter for it yourself? I use Google for voicemail and I get annoyed that at least half of my emails saying someone left a message are just blank and the recording itself is 2-3 seconds of nothing...

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 12:11 Mr. Tact

I get far fewer than that Prez, in the neighborhood of 1-2 a week, and it still annoys the hell out of me. Basically, I almost never give my cell number out. I have a Google Voice number I give to most businesses. I have it setup so if someone actually leaves a message, it gets forwarded to my email. It also acts as my "emergency" phone line if for some reason I was unable to use my cell. All for an upfront cost of about $80 bucks, no continuing costs.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 12:00 Prez

Retired wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 10:17:

Spam/Robocall centers are as bad as rapists, child molesters, murderers, people who talk on their phone in the theater, and Electronic Arts. Okay, not really, but they all make me equally as angry. I get a minimum of 7 of these calls a day. My phone's block list is over 200 numbers large yet the calls keep coming. It's maddening.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2018, 10:17 Retired

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo