Riot Games Sued Over Gender Discrimination

Kotaku has details on a lawsuit against Riot Games for gender-based discrimination filed by one former and one current employee of the League of Legends developer. Riot came under public fire for their office culture over the summer, prompting them to commit to drastic changes. They offer details on the suit, saying the plaintiffs are seeking to have this declared a class action:
The lawsuit alleges that, “like many of Riot Games’ female employees, Plaintiffs have been denied equal pay and found their careers stifled because they are women. Moreover, Plaintiffs have also seen their working conditions negatively impacted because of the ongoing sexual harassment, misconduct, and bias which predominate the sexually-hostile working environment of Riot Games.” Riot violated California’s Equal Pay Act and law against gender-based discrimination at the workplace, the complaint argues.

The plaintiffs are asking for compensation on unpaid wages, damages, and other penalties, with an exact amount to be determined at trial. They also ask the court to certify the suit as class action.
View : : :

Re: Riot Games Sued Over Gender Discrimination
Nov 7, 2018, 09:12
Re: Riot Games Sued Over Gender Discrimination Nov 7, 2018, 09:12
Nov 7, 2018, 09:12

dubfanatic wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 01:27:
This can't be true, Riot is far too woke to be doing anything like this!

I’m too old/slow/stupid for LOL but there is only one lady creature in the boutique boardgame they produced! And I’m outraged because my daughter takes that character without fail every session so I never get a turn. Hope there is a place in this class action for me!
Date
Subject
Author
Nov 7, 2018Nov 7 2018
 Re: Riot Games Sued Over Gender Discrimination
Nov 16, 2018Nov 16 2018
Nov 7, 2018Nov 7 2018