Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Get Destiny 2 for Free

Blizzard News announces they are giving away Destiny 2 for free to anyone who claims their copy between now and November 18th. This will offer the chance to try out the new Gambit mode from the Forsaken expansion in a free event next weekend. And those who already own the game have reason to celebrate too, as they will receive a special anniversary emblem to lord over the freebie lowlifes. Here's word:

Bungie and Activision have announced that the full Destiny 2 base game for PC is now a free gift for all new players on Blizzard Battle.net. For the first two weeks of November, anyone who does not already own the PC game will have the opportunity to claim it as a gift through their Battle.net account.

Destiny 2 will be free to claim and download from November 2–18, 2018. New Battle.net accounts created after 11:00 a.m. PDT on November 2, 2018, will need to enable Blizzard SMS Protect before claiming their free copy. Destiny 2 PC is redeemable from the Battle.net gift page.

Bungie is also rewarding existing owners of Destiny 2 PC. Those who already purchased the game on Battle.net will be eligible to receive an exclusive gift of their own: a special in-game emblem marking the game’s anniversary that will be available in December.

‘Gambit’ Free Weekend
Additionally, Bungie is giving all Destiny 2 players the opportunity to try out Gambit, the popular new mode introduced in this year’s expansion, Destiny 2: Forsaken. Gambit, a hybrid PvE and PvP 4v4 mode, will be available for trial as part of Bungie’s “Gambit Free Weekend” from November 9–11. More details are available at http://www.Destinythegame.com/Battlenet/.

Destiny 2 PC specs
Minimum system requirements for Destiny 2 PC are an Intel Core i3-3250, Intel Pentium G4560, or an AMD FX-4350, along with a GeForce GTX 660 2GB, GTX 1050 2GB, or Radeon HD 7850. Additionally, 6GB of RAM, and 68GB of HDD space. Internet connection required.

For more information on Destiny 2, visit www.DestinyTheGame.com

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 4, 2018, 12:12 Spektr

MattyC wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 13:11:
It should show up under gifts and you should have notification.

claim it as a gift through their Battle.net account.

Destiny 2 will be free to claim and download

You don't need to go to the store and try to buy it.

Ok thank you, I'll give it a try.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: etc. Nov 4, 2018, 04:53 Numinar

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 14:41:
MattyC wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 03:33:
deqer wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 23:13:
Slick wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 22:54:
You can't jut play the base game of something and enjoy it without DLC?
Correct. There's no level-lock at 20. You will be forced into level 21.

Doesn't everything scale anyway, even to lower level people you group with? If that is the case (and I think it is) what does it matter?

Right, it's a grind to get to numbers that don't even matter anyway, they'll just scale everything to you or you down to them. Well unless you are under powered, then we'll let you feel the full power of this here battle-station, er I mean the baddies won't scale down, you'll just take it in the shorts and like it. So it's one of those one way street scalers to boot.

The scaling doesn't come into play with everything, it's mostly just when leveling and doing the story stuff and world events. The more difficult content will wreck you unless you have the right amount of light/gear.

30. Re: etc. Nov 4, 2018, 02:55 MattyC

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 14:41:

Doesn't everything scale anyway, even to lower level people you group with? If that is the case (and I think it is) what does it matter?

Wait... so you want the game to just roll over and die?

Also why I have never really cared enough about either Destiny or even Destiny-type-games to get involved when they were new, when I previously played it did scale to lower level players - but only them. Your scaling remained the same - so who you played with didn't matter. It all seemed to make sense to me, but I am not quite sure what you are going for here.

Right, it's a grind to get to numbers that don't even matter anyway, they'll just scale everything to you or you down to them. Well unless you are under powered, then we'll let you feel the full power of this here battle-station, er I mean the baddies won't scale down, you'll just take it in the shorts and like it. So it's one of those one way street scalers to boot.

29. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 4, 2018, 01:54 Steele Johnson

Destiny 2 for free? I'm down for that for sure.  

28. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2018, 14:41 HorrorScope

27. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 13:11 MattyC

Spektr wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 10:47:
Turd Ferguson wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 10:30:
Just log into your BattleNet, get it from there.

Actually I just did that. They just announce the standard price and when clicking on buy game I arrive on page with "game cannot be purchased at the moment". What a mess! Whatever, I don't really need to play this game anyway, even for free. Got a whole list of games waiting to be played on Steam and GOG already...

It should show up under gifts and you should have notification.

claim it as a gift through their Battle.net account.

Destiny 2 will be free to claim and download

You don't need to go to the store and try to buy it.

26. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 10:47 Spektr

Turd Ferguson wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 10:30:

Actually I just did that. They just announce the standard price and when clicking on buy game I arrive on page with "game cannot be purchased at the moment". What a mess! Whatever, I don't really need to play this game anyway, even for free. Got a whole list of games waiting to be played on Steam and GOG already...

25. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 10:30 Turd Ferguson

Spektr wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 07:11:
Apparently an unknown error welcomes me when I joined the page... Too many visitors broke the server capacity?

Sooooo, Destiny is what Tabula Rasa failed to be. Interesting.

Had a run at it last night, very linear, nothing to explore, world seem to pretty while on fire but vastly empty of content that doesn't involve shooting at it.

Glad didn't have to pay for it

24. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 07:11 Spektr

Apparently an unknown error welcomes me when I joined the page... Too many visitors broke the server capacity?  

23. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 06:37 Armengar

claimed! You are at position 21 in the queue of not-yet-installed steam sale games.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

22. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 05:33 El Pit

Thanks, ActiBlizz. Free is always welcome. I will check your game out within the next few years (backloggus immensus is a bad illness that won't let me play many new games for a decade or so).  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

21. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2018, 03:33 MattyC

20. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 01:21 Mordhaus

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 00:44:
Nope, not even for free will you get me to remember wtf my b.net account was.

This

19. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 01:01 Flatline

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 21:09:
not sure the third one is worth it at full price, I haven't gotten it yet though.

Forsaken adds... an okay campaign and a metric shitload of new content. They're dropping new content for Forsaken owners pretty much weekly with new missions cropping up and requiring the community to solve puzzles and stuff. The way the endgame morphed completely when the first team finished the raid was pretty badass.

The Whisper of the Worm mission that dropped with Warmind was the beginning of a crazy ass barrage of content, even for non-forsaken owners. I guess bringing in the community and hiring some streamers for consultation paid off.

18. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 00:59 Flatline

Slick wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 20:27:
Wow.

This is pretty interesting.

I'm guessing Activision is seeing their BLOPS4 player numbers dive off a cliff because TDM in COD and Royale in general is fucking BORING!

Maybe I'm being a crackpot here, but they're probably targeting this time period to try and stem the flow of FPS players towards Battlefield coming out soon.

At least that's my tinpot crackhead rationale... Activision have never made a game free in last 20 years. Even a Call of Duty from 5 years ago is still "only" 50% off the launch price.

So what's their game here? Trying to make sure that the Destiny IP even has a future? Wheren't they going to be building 2-3 more Destiny games? 10 year contract was it? Probably wanna make sure people keep playing them... . but the timing cn't be coincidental.

Oh also, with the shitty microtransactions they launched in COD a week ago probably has something to do with COD's hemorrhaging player numbers.

ANYWAYS! If you haven't played it yet, it's pretty fun for a week or two! Enjoy! Hopefully there's lots of new players... even though I beat the game never seeing a random join my squad, i did every main story mission solo, it was super boring. Hope they fixed that (yes my squad was set to open).

It's a smart move. Forsaken has a metric assload of content and they're adding more. Destiny 2 vanilla will be the loss leader and you have to buy the first two expansions with Forsaken to open everything up.

Over on the Destiny subreddit they're saying this point in Destiny 2 was better than anything in Destiny 1. There's still some bitching and balancing going on but it's actually quite a bit of fun.

17. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 00:44 eRe4s3r

Nope, not even for free will you get me to remember wtf my b.net account was.  

16. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 00:40 Numinar

Done! Loved this game on PS4, always meant to get PC but it's been such a good year for games I've never had the "I'll pay full price to double dip" urge.

I probably wont touch it until I get the expansion when it goes on sale. Forsaken includes the smaller DLC now (They probably realised that choice to require them cost them customers/was a dick move) but if it's anything like the first game, you will miss out on a lot of the daily quests and whatnot if you don't get the latest expansion. Could be wrong on that though.

15. Re: etc. Nov 2, 2018, 23:13 deqer

14. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 2, 2018, 22:55 Slick

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 22:20:
Remember when pervy ol' Uncle Harry in Robocop said, "I'd buy that for a dollar!" well I wouldn't. Demo/beta/whatevs completely turned me off the game at any price. Free is free however and being stuck indoors for the coming winter I'll play it.

Edit: When I logged into Bnet it was listed as a gift to be claimed.

Edit: Holy shit it's 80GB!?

I rewatched that movie recently, the only thing I love more than that perv is the way everyone watching him on TV is just so enamored with him and that silly line.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

13. Re: etc. Nov 2, 2018, 22:54 Slick

deqer wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 21:53:
Yes, get suckered into a buying it then realize you need to buy the previous expansions and the forsaken expansion.

Get suckered into a game that has no level-lock at 20, forcing and rushing you to play on and on into the next expansion(s), meeting their schedule instead of yours.

Man, some people really have zero willpower i guess? You can't jut play the base game of something and enjoy it without DLC? Do you also buy everything you see in commercials? If you visit Time Square and look at all the billboards does the cash just start flying out of your wallet?

Really people, the fuck. I'm not Destiny fanboi, but come on, they're giving out the whole base game for free. No reason not to pick it up, unless you're hurting for HDD space. It's a fun co-op shooter with great gunplay. You're allowed to enjoy just that for what it is without feeling forced to buy anything else.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo