Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed

This trailer shows off the multiplayer maps that will be part of Battlefield V when the military shooter sequel launches its assault later this month (thanks Don). The clip includes lots of gameplay showing detailed elements of each map. The description provides an overview:

In Battlefield V, you’ll fight through the unexplored settings of World War 2 on maps that will challenge your squad in epic multiplayer experiences. Learn about the battlefields of France, Holland, Norway, and North Africa. Battlefield V is out worldwide November 20.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 4, 2018, 01:32 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 17:30:
Ok, so you're still saying cyborg. Willfully ignorant. Not a surprise. You're literally pretending it's worse than it is instead of admitting you're terrified of women in your hobby.

Your "proof" of prosthetic wearing frontline soldiers sucks, at least pick something historically accurate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Hall

leg, not arm but close enough, and a woman no less.

still doesn't give DICE the green light on cyborg sniper chick though, sorry.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 17:30 Beamer

Ok, so you're still saying cyborg. Willfully ignorant. Not a surprise. You're literally pretending it's worse than it is instead of admitting you're terrified of women in your hobby.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

15. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 16:48 DangerDog

Task wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 11:23:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 02:28:
In 1940 you would be lucky if you had an erector set wrapped in leather for a prosthetic arm. DICE thought they would get good boy points for putting in a robot arm wielding female sniper on the front line while calling their game an authentic WWII experience. Well Mr. "If you don't like it, don't buy it" exited stage left but for many his comment is still being reverberated in the halls of the internet.

Danger what you are describing though is stuff that doesn't matter. If authenticity matters, remember also that there are Tiger Tanks and StG44's on 1940 battles or Rotterdam without Dutch, or everyone having the same guns. Those are 'authenticity' fudges to me.

Again, it's not me making the clam of authenticity it's DICE and that's why people blew a fuse because they double down on it instead of saying it's a fantasy version of WWII that we made up. I know it's laughable to expect historical accuracy from a video game - even movies seldom get it right. Dunkirk was a hot mess of a movie.

Imagine if DICE had made a modern shooter or even something futuristic like 2143, there wouldn't have been a shred of controversy - in fact cyborg armed female soldier would have been a required set piece.

14. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 12:26 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 12:01:
Beamer wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 22:40:
Is calling her a cyborg officially willfully ignorant now? It's been explained untrue a billion times, but people don't listen because it threatens their worldview.

I think they took ol cyborg lady and Kratos out of the game, bet you're all broken up about it. Don't worry though you can still swing that cricket bat.

In 1940 you would be lucky if you had an erector set wrapped in leather for a prosthetic arm. DICE thought they would get good boy points for putting in a robot arm wielding female sniper on the front line while calling their game an authentic WWII experience. Well Mr. "If you don't like it, don't buy it" exited stage left but for many his comment is still being reverberated in the halls of the internet.

Except that wire ones such as what's depicted there are historically accurate, and notice it isn't moving. It's moldable, so you can push it into a direction to hold something, but it does not move.

Here's a WW2 amputee with a very, very similar prosthetic.

But sorry if your childish anger & fear of women guarantees you distort truth in your head.
Women are scary. Pew Pew Battelfield video games are historical documentaries. Up is Down. Truth is not truth.
Oh, did I say women are scary.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 12:01 Beamer

Is calling her a cyborg officially willfully ignorant now? It's been explained untrue a billion times, but people don't listen because it threatens their worldview.

I think they took ol cyborg lady and Kratos out of the game, bet you're all broken up about it. Don't worry though you can still swing that cricket bat.

Except that wire ones such as what's depicted there are historically accurate, and notice it isn't moving. It's moldable, so you can push it into a direction to hold something, but it does not move.

Here's a WW2 amputee with a very, very similar prosthetic.

But sorry if your childish anger & far of women guarantees you distort truth in your head.

-------------

12. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 11:39 Slick

Latest Dev Blog (Maps and Modes)

This one is actually really good, talking to the level designers, and taking a deep dive on the different maps. Not that the others aren't also decent, but one of the interviewees has a better command of English in this one and seems genuinely excited, which leaves a different impression than the normally very subdued Swedish demeanour of the other videos.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

11. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 11:23 Task

Danger what you are describing though is stuff that doesn't matter. If authenticity matters, remember also that there are Tiger Tanks and StG44's on 1940 battles or Rotterdam without Dutch, or everyone having the same guns. Those are 'authenticity' fudges to me.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

10. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 02:36 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 02:15:
Well the beta made sure I did not maintain any interest... what a bunch of abysmally shitty maps.

Yeah, looking good when you want nice screenshots, but gameplay was shit. Too much clutter, too much visual noise.

You could tell from the beta maps that they were designed for Grand Operations and repurposed for Conquest mode. They've toned down the snow effect and generally improved visibility on the maps.

We'll see how the gameplay shapes up with all the gadgets in play.

9. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 02:28 DangerDog

8. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 02:15 eRe4s3r

Well the beta made sure I did not maintain any interest... what a bunch of abysmally shitty maps.

Yeah, looking good when you want nice screenshots, but gameplay was shit. Too much clutter, too much visual noise.

7. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 3, 2018, 01:12 Task

A better term would be steampunk-ish. I saw no Kusanagi or Puppet Master's in any BFV video. Anyways looks fun, but guarantee it will be buggy on release. I still don't like that every side can use every gun.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

6. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 2, 2018, 22:40 Beamer

-------------

5. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 2, 2018, 21:21 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 20:57:
Who are you kidding Slick, we all know you've already pre-ordered the game.

I actually haven't yet. Weird right? Normally I pre-order months in advance... I think that it's because i'm trying to get the best deal possible with all the variables, but who knows, maybe some of the magic is gone. I really just wanna play with my competitive friends again, they made it fun. Pubbing gets old after 10 or 12 years... sorta...

Also, here's my plan I think:

Get the Access Premiere to get the game 11 (!!!) days early (will be good for streaming), and I get all the shit that' in the deluxe edition with that, then use the 10% discount I get while being a subscriber to just buy the vanilla game. So I'll be paying like 10-12$ more than the Vanilla game, get the shit in the deluxe edition, and get the 11 days early access of access premiere.

We'll see if it all works, i think it should...

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

4. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 2, 2018, 20:57 DangerDog

Who are you kidding Slick, we all know you've already pre-ordered the game.  

3. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 2, 2018, 20:52 Slick

I think I'm the only one here who actually liked the launch trailer.

Everything since then has been so safe, so "business as usual". Yes, especially this latest one looks very impressive, and gives you that "WHOAAAA BATTLEFIELD!" kinda open-map large-scale vibe. But like, I've been watching almost the same fucking trailer from DICE for 13 years now... ugh.

All they need is to add some fucking dubstep and they'd have the makings for a shitty amateur pwnage video. LOL!

2. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 2, 2018, 20:44 DangerDog

Marketing team finally woke up and realized you don't sell this game with the focus being on gender diversity, the female cyborg sniper was a bridge too far.

they've still made so many changes to the core gameplay that it might turn off a lot of people.

1. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 2, 2018, 20:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

We've talked about the positives and negatives of BFV and the Battlefield series in general on here ad nauseam, but wow, this game does look gorgeous. I'm getting a little hyped up, even though the open beta didn't impress me a great deal.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo