Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Stellaris MegaCorp Announced

Paradox Interactive announces MegaCorp, a new expansion coming to their space strategy epic Stellaris that will put the player in the role of powerful CEO, perfect for anyone who roots for Zorg in The Fifth Element. This doesn't yet carry a release date, but true to the ruthlessly commercial nature of gameplay, you can still buy a copy, as preorders are underway in the Paradox Store. Here's a reveal trailer with a look, and the announcement has more details:

Stellaris: MegaCorp introduces a revolutionary new way to conduct business on a galactic scale by seamlessly synergizing new markets and city planets with state-of-the-art citizen solutions and more marketable human capital. Alongside a host of free updates coming to Stellaris, the new MegaCorp DLC will include:

• Corporate Culture: Chief Executive Officers of a MegaCorp can conduct business on a galaxy-wide scale with a host of new civics. By building Branch Offices on planets within empires they have trade agreements with, the MegaCorp can add a portion of the planetís Trade Value to their own network. Using the new Corporate Authority, construct an economic powerhouse and dominate galactic trade - for a brighter future.
  • City World: With Ecumenopolis, players can increase the population density of core worlds to truly epic proportions, eventually creating a planet-spanning megacity.
  • Caravaneer Fleets: Keep an eye out for the Caravaneers, nomadic interstellar wheelers-and-dealers who stay aloof from galactic politics, and always have a bargain up their sleeve. Expect surprises when these master traders wander through your space or when you visit their home systems.
  • More Megastructures: Budget has been approved for your own glorious Matter Decompressor, Mega-Art Installation or Strategic Coordination Center to acquire new scaling capabilities for your megalopolis.
  • Galactic Slave Market: Buy and sell labor on an industrial scale, set them free or keep them as livestock. The choice is yours!
  • VIP Status Comes with its Perks: Keep your economy competitive in a cutthroat galaxy with additional Ascension perks.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 25, 2018, 09:59 Tipsy McStagger

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 22:16:
I stopped buying any Paradox games. They milk their playerbase with small DLC packs constantly. Stellaris is not as bad as some of their other games, but I got to the point I just have deleted all their games off of my steam account.

The DLCs they release are usually really good price for way more hours of enjoyment. I spend 20$ on lunch some days so 20$ for another 30 hours of fun is very small.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 25, 2018, 05:26 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 23:47:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 22:38:
I stopped buying any Paradox games. They milk their playerbase with small DLC packs constantly. Stellaris is not as bad as some of their other games, but I got to the point I just have deleted all their games off of my steam account.

You don't *have* to get the DLC though, do you? Just play vanilla.
They always do big free updates when a DLC drops so you can play the vanilla game for years and get constant improvements. I haven't bought any HOI IV DLC and have no issues playing that game.

That said, I do get why people think they are missing enough that the game isn't worth playing. It isn't true, but most other games have that problem so it's understandable to apply it here. Stellaris and CK2 are insta buys for me, but I wait for sales for the other games.

Actually Paradox "updates" move previously basic vanilla features into DLC locking you completely out of em if you don't pay $$$, a problem you can enjoy in CK2.

Meanwhile in Stellaris they change the entire game between updates, so one has to even asked "what vanilla version" at this point. The one with multiple FTL methods or the one with only 1?

I call that a downgrade... the game has turned more and more into a RTS instead of becoming more and more like SOTS. /me mumbles and grumbles, game has turned into something I actually don't enjoy playing anymore.

9. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 23:47 BIGtrouble77

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 22:38:

They always do big free updates when a DLC drops so you can play the vanilla game for years and get constant improvements. I haven't bought any HOI IV DLC and have no issues playing that game.

That said, I do get why people think they are missing enough that the game isn't worth playing. It isn't true, but most other games have that problem so it's understandable to apply it here. Stellaris and CK2 are insta buys for me, but I wait for sales for the other games.

8. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 22:38 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 22:16 Ozmodan

6. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 22:09 BIGtrouble77

Rigs wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 18:12:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 17:10:
This is going to be an insta buy for me despite some disappiontment. With the idea of corporations, I really wish certain techs could be owned by corps who produce defense craft. Then you could have to make decisions on which corps you have government contracts with. That would be an amazing way to go (especially if Stellaris ever had an espionage mechanic), but they obviously aren't doing anything like that. Seems like a missed opportunity.

$20 does seem high for what they are proposing.

I don't know if it has this exact scenario, but I've been messing with Aurora the last few weeks off and on and holy crap! When they say it's the 'Dwarf Fortress' of 4x games, they aren't kidding! This game has everything but the kitchen sink! (And you could probably research one if you needed to!) I just started watching a tutorial series on it but the wealth of options is just mind-numbing. If only it had the graphics engine of Stellaris! *drool*

=-Rigs-=

I've tried Aurora a few times. I haven't given up on it, but damn it's been hard to get going. I can hang with any Paradox games, I play Distant Worlds with the Bacon mod but I'll be damned if I can get a good game of Aurora going. I do think there's an amazing game in under all the complexity, but I'm still looking.

5. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 18:12 Rigs

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 17:10:
This is going to be an insta buy for me despite some disappiontment. With the idea of corporations, I really wish certain techs could be owned by corps who produce defense craft. Then you could have to make decisions on which corps you have government contracts with. That would be an amazing way to go (especially if Stellaris ever had an espionage mechanic), but they obviously aren't doing anything like that. Seems like a missed opportunity.

I don't know if it has this exact scenario, but I've been messing with Aurora the last few weeks off and on and holy crap! When they say it's the 'Dwarf Fortress' of 4x games, they aren't kidding! This game has everything but the kitchen sink! (And you could probably research one if you needed to!) I just started watching a tutorial series on it but the wealth of options is just mind-numbing. If only it had the graphics engine of Stellaris! *drool*

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 17:28 NKD

I'm going to get this because it's Stellaris and they could release an aggressive cactus with the name STELLARIS on it and I would buy it and put it in my house because I am a sucker.  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

3. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 17:10 BIGtrouble77

2. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 16:57 Shok

This is Paradox we are talking about here. Eventually they will have a Stellaris horse armor expansion...for the horse aliens I suppose!  

1. No subject Oct 24, 2018, 15:01 Simon Says

Didn't Stellaris lack money? It was one of the main reasons I thought its context made more sense. Post-scarcity economy is not about money, corporations are obsolete, there's no money. It's only about energy and resources, that's it.

So yeah... So much for suspension of disbelief...

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo