Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc., etc.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2018, 13:35 Mr. Tact

yonder wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 09:03:
Except for the fact that those two examples are in the current Americana zeitgeist. No one not in the fray has any clue what "WontBeErased" means.

A better example is like how in 2010 Coca-Cola used a "2 girls 1 cup" reference in a FB post.

It's COMPLETELY believable that someone, even today, doesn't know what 2 girls 1 cup means. An Aussia MP is currently in trouble for not knowing that "it's okay to be white" is a saying popular w/ the Extreme Right. It's perfectly believable that he didn't know what it was (though just a cursory investigation of something that is CLEARLY political would give appropriate results).
This argument would seemingly be moot since they have admitted they were attempting a pun. Which is admitting they knew of the other usage.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: etc., etc. Oct 24, 2018, 12:55 RedEye9

Fallout New California mod looks interesting.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2018, 09:03 yonder

Nimh wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 07:05:
Spektr wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 02:51:
Can anyone enlighten me on how reappropriating a political hashtag can be classified as transphobic?

It's seen as delegitimizing the intent of the message.

It's like McDonalds posting an ad with the hashtag #Ihaveadream on the day MLK was killed. Or someone saying 'all lives matter' in response to 'black lives matter'.

Except for the fact that those two examples are in the current Americana zeitgeist. No one not in the fray has any clue what "WontBeErased" means.

A better example is like how in 2010 Coca-Cola used a "2 girls 1 cup" reference in a FB post.

It's COMPLETELY believable that someone, even today, doesn't know what 2 girls 1 cup means. An Aussia MP is currently in trouble for not knowing that "it's okay to be white" is a saying popular w/ the Extreme Right. It's perfectly believable that he didn't know what it was (though just a cursory investigation of something that is CLEARLY political would give appropriate results).

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2018, 07:05 Nimh

Spektr wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 02:51:
Can anyone enlighten me on how reappropriating a political hashtag can be classified as transphobic?

It's seen as delegitimizing the intent of the message.

It's like McDonalds posting an ad with the hashtag #Ihaveadream on the day MLK was killed. Or someone saying 'all lives matter' in response to 'black lives matter'.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2018, 02:51 Spektr

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 23, 2018, 22:38 Mordecai Walfish

Fallout: New California is released! Cant wait to try it out  

5. removed Oct 23, 2018, 21:37 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 24, 2018, 00:01.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2018, 21:15 DangerDog

“Classic PC Games #WontBeErased on our watch. Yeah, how’s that for some use of hashtags.”

#ThatTweetGotErased

It rarely works out when companies try to promote themselves by interjecting into political issues.

3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2018, 21:14 Task

Still prefer buying from GoG than Steam. For me that is simply not going to change.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2018, 20:23 Beamer

Shok wrote on Oct 23, 2018, 20:14:
GOG crucified for a truly innocent pun. Political correctness bullshit strikes again...
Yup, this sure qualifies as "crucified." No histrionics here.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2018, 20:14 Shok

GOG crucified for a truly innocent pun. Political correctness bullshit strikes again...  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo