Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Sunday Tech Bits

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 22, 2018, 12:41 Armengar

its not exactly hard to run a ps1 script to do it for you on all other builds. we use a setupcomplete.cmd to do all this for you after wsus has finished a feature update. we havent run with provisioned apps since we installed 1607 as our first 10 iteration. we did use LTSB at first but soon discovered we needed the store for minecraft. yes, the store can be bodged into LTSB but we didnt fancy that approach.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 22, 2018, 10:00 Nimh

LTSB for life!  

6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits - Win 10 Oct 22, 2018, 07:31 Jonjonz

The prime offenders on my Win10 machine were MS Photo and Skype.

MS installed both to run at startup in the background, but still consuming memory and crufing of the system. Uninstalled MS Photo from the start menu, Settings, Apps section. Skype was removed by using the uninstall found in its directory.

I use Google Collections for photos, and I later installed a portable Skype that only loads when I want it.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2018, 21:19 CJ_Parker

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 21:12:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 20:55:
8 F*$ks and 4 Sh1t5

Your score under the Flesch-Kincaid Formula
Grade Level 6.5
Age 11.5

https://www.perrymarshall.com/grade/

Does that mean I get promoted?

4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2018, 21:12 RedEye9

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 20:55:
8 F*$ks and 4 Sh1t5
Your score under the Flesch-Kincaid Formula
Grade Level 6.5
Age 11.5

https://www.perrymarshall.com/grade/

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2018, 20:55 CJ_Parker

About MUTHAFUCKIN time, too!

Fucking Microsoft CRAPWARE needs to fuck off yesterday. It was always such a chore to google/use PowerShell commands to uninstall their shit.

My favorite from the early days of Win 10 updates was when those idiots force-installed the "Get Office" CRAP-APP in spite of the presence of a FULL fucking Office installation.
That made some reeeeeeeaaaal hard sense, Microshit. Thank you very much, you shitclowns!

Now, I would almost (ALMOST) be in fucking heaven if they would elevate this shit to the next level where, before you install an update, you can click 'advanced setup' (you know, like we were able to do in Windows-fucking-95 from 20+ YEARS ago!) and actually PICK and CHOOSE (you know, as in respecting consumer choice!) which CRAPWARE we do or do not want on OUR storage devices that WE have paid good money for.

Fuck Microsoft! 20+ years later and we're still moving in circles or have gone back to before square one on some things. Those incompetent FUCKSTICKS!

2. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Oct 21, 2018, 12:33 Stormsinger

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 12:24:
That is so kind of micro$loth.

Yeah...until I can uninstall the spyware and forced updates, I still don't have the slightest interest in giving more money to a company that has repeatedly demonstrated that they think -they- own the hardware I bought.

1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2018, 12:24 RedEye9

That is so kind of micro$loth.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo