Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com

The recent voting at GOG.com is complete, and Shadow Warrior 2 is the pick as the game to be given away for free to celebrate the store's 10th anniversary. This freebie comes along with their big anniversary sale, where loads of games are offered with discounts up to 90% off. Pick up your free game here between now and Saturday and it is yours to keep forever. Here's a refresher:

Shadow Warrior 2 is the stunning evolution of Flying Wild Hog’s offbeat first-person shooter following the further misadventures of former corporate shogun Lo Wang. Now surviving as a reclusive mercenary on the edge of a corrupted world, the formidable warrior must again wield a devastating combination of guns, blades, magic and wit to strike down the demonic legions overwhelming the world. Battle alongside allies online in four-player co-op or go it alone in spectacular procedurally-generated landscapes to complete daring missions and collect powerful new weapons, armor, and arcane relics of legend.

Five years have passed since Lo Wang shattered the alliance between his deceitful former boss and the ancient gods of the shadow realm. Despite noble intentions, Lo Wang’s efforts to annihilate the darkness corrupted the world, creating a strange and savage new order where humans and demons live side by side.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 8, 2018, 15:34 jdreyer

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 04:12:
Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 20:56:
That you literally REWARDED Ubisoft for all this bullshit?

What were you expecting? Modern AAA gaming is a fucking dystopia and it has been since the rise of ultima online, everquest and wow which paved the way for steam and online drm.

There are a ton of indies that don't require you to be online, and don't pull MT bullshit. I hardly play AAA games anymore.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 6, 2018, 04:12 Suppa7

Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 20:56:
That you literally REWARDED Ubisoft for all this bullshit?

What were you expecting? Modern AAA gaming is a fucking dystopia and it has been since the rise of ultima online, everquest and wow which paved the way for steam and online drm.

34. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 6, 2018, 01:16 bigspender

The sword is to weak. Uninstalled.  

33. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 21:56 Strider83

Creston
You know you could have just bought the game for 60 bucks, right? And not gone with all the retard bonuses and outfits etc etc etc? That you literally REWARDED Ubisoft for all this bullshit?

I don't care about silly outfits or bonuses, I paid the extra $40 for the Ac3 remaster as I never played the original and the season pass. I generally only buy a few games a year, and almost always when on sale. I didn't buy Origins but I like the Greek setting and have a fairly powerful pc to play it on. If the game turns out to be shit and the dlc and Remaster are crap too then I will feel like I am rewarding Ubisoft and their practices and won't do so in the future. But if I enjoy the game, remaster and dlc and feel it was worth my money no fucks will be given.

32. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 21:24 d r m a m u

allegedly, of course  

31. removed Oct 5, 2018, 21:23 d r m a m u

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 6, 2018, 11:30.

30. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 20:56 Creston

Strider83 wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 18:20:
Damn this thread escalated quickly...Don't piss off the pirates or there will be a mutiny methinks.

I just paid 100 for Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which is ridiculous, there has to be some middle ground. Dlc, micro transactions and all that other bs has gotten so out of control and the way things are going I don't see it getting any better as gamers just lap the shit up. Like me on occasion.

It wouldn't sting so bad if I could pay $100 for a game and have no micro transactions. But for a $100 single player game and then micro transactions on top of that, WTF. I wish I could go back 20 years when I would go to the mall and Electronics Boutique and buy a pc game in a huge box with cds in it, no internet requirement, and a nice big manual. Oh well. Get off my lawn!

You know you could have just bought the game for 60 bucks, right? And not gone with all the retard bonuses and outfits etc etc etc? That you literally REWARDED Ubisoft for all this bullshit?

29. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 19:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hump wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 18:36:
The procedural aspect turned the game into a fucking bore. I bought it but never finished it. I enjoyed their first one (reboot) so much more

This is reasonably fair criticism, I finished this game, but yeah, it got a little grindy for my liking. Of course it's finishable without doing a ton of grinding, but yes, it's encouraged by the design.

28. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 18:36 Hump

The procedural aspect turned the game into a fucking bore. I bought it but never finished it. I enjoyed their first one (reboot) so much more  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

27. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 18:20 Strider83

Damn this thread escalated quickly...Don't piss off the pirates or there will be a mutiny methinks.

I just paid 100 for Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which is ridiculous, there has to be some middle ground. Dlc, micro transactions and all that other bs has gotten so out of control and the way things are going I don't see it getting any better as gamers just lap the shit up. Like me on occasion.

It wouldn't sting so bad if I could pay $100 for a game and have no micro transactions. But for a $100 single player game and then micro transactions on top of that, WTF. I wish I could go back 20 years when I would go to the mall and Electronics Boutique and buy a pc game in a huge box with cds in it, no internet requirement, and a nice big manual. Oh well. Get off my lawn!

26. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 18:04 Beamer

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 17:35:
Beamer wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 10:14:
Self-righteous pirates are like anti-vaxxers. They think their actions don't harm anyone when, in reality, their actions make all of our lives more difficult.

Another fucking apologist for corporate criminals, why not just bend over and give your rights and freedoms away you ignorant faggot.

Over the last 20 years I've watched subhuman anti intellectual ingrates on this sites give up ownership and control of game software so now they can be "turned into services" and now we have to pay for shit that used to be free and came with PC games like level editors and whatnot. Thanks to moronic corporate ball suckers like you. The games we pay for can literally be turned off and broken at the whim of corporations because they've taken part of the code hostage on their servers thanks to moronic fucksticks like yourself.

And here comes the homophobia from the guy who thinks he's entitled to steal anything he wants just because it has DRM. You didn't make the game. Now you're not even paying for it. You have no rights to it, at all. Shut up, you're a thief, nothing more. Plenty of people are, frankly, but only the worst of the worst think they're better for doing it, that they're the ones that are good in this situation.

But no good person, no one with the high ground in anything, calls people the f word. You're a horrid lost cause.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. removed Oct 5, 2018, 17:35 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 5, 2018, 21:11.

24. removed Oct 5, 2018, 17:33 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 5, 2018, 21:11.

23. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 15:49 Bopper

Decent game especially in co-op but the loot system is a bit clunky.  
- Boppa

22. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 15:12 El Pit

Slashman wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 09:12:
You'll get the Wang and LIKE it!

We all like shaking a pillar of heaven a lot and often! Don't we, guys? Guys? GUYS?! Hello?!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

21. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 13:15 Armengar

arguing technical definition of stealing vs moral norm of stealing makes it ok. Hmm. try sitting in a movie theatre without paying too.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

20. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 10:14 Beamer

Self-righteous pirates are like anti-vaxxers. They think their actions don't harm anyone when, in reality, their actions make all of our lives more difficult.

Pirates that acknowledge the damage they're doing are a different story.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 09:43 mch

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 05:47:

Piracy and buying a game are not mutually exclusive dumbass. Games are not a rivalrous good, if I steal your car you don't have it any more and can't sell it and there is genuine financial loss. When you COPY A GAME the game developer loses no money, where as if I steal your car you lose your money and your car. Just because you get the game for free now does not mean you didn't pay for it. There is no logical difference waiting for a sale and pirating a game and then paying for a game you've already played when a sale comes on.

This idea that people who pirate games are evil or corrupt when the corporate dick you suck is showing. Right now IP law is out of fucking control if the constitution is anything to go by. Games should be going into libraries and public domain.

So the next time anyone says piracy is evil and doesn't point out the lawlessness and destruction of videogame culture by corporations that should be going into libraries and public domain because we all paid for it. And their "IP" is a publically granted monopoly whose stated intent was to preserve human works, not destroy them... tell them to shut the fuck up.

"It belongs in a museeeeeeum!"

This is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read in a long time. Advocating not paying for a game (or paying for it when you feel like it is cheap enough, after pirating it)...and in the same breath saying "IT BELONGS IN A LIBRARY BECAUSE WE PAID FOR IT!"

Holy shit. A whole 'nother level of stupid right here.

18. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 09:12 Slashman

You'll get the Wang and LIKE it!  

17. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 07:53 Vio

I can honestly say that steam sales + wishlist causes a reduction in piracy.

I don't mind DRM as long as when the lights get switched off the game continues to work, and the DRM doesn't severely impact performance.

Between the two though I would still say the sales have done more to fight piracy than the DRM.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo