Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Evening Legal Briefs

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2018, 08:00  Nimh 

Saboth wrote on Sep 26, 2018, 07:02:
The only way I could see FB being responsible is if they presented the job in a light that made it seem less toxic than it was. Of course you are going to have to read bad things and see bad images as an internet moderator. It's like a zoo landscaper saying, "NO one said I'd have to work around animals!"

Beheading videos are as common as animals at the zoo for you? Really? I'm pretty sure most people that moderate sites don't expect to come across that garbage often, if at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2018, 07:02 Saboth

The only way I could see FB being responsible is if they presented the job in a light that made it seem less toxic than it was. Of course you are going to have to read bad things and see bad images as an internet moderator. It's like a zoo landscaper saying, "NO one said I'd have to work around animals!"  

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2018, 03:09  Cutter 

Saw one of those vids once - was not looking for it. Unpleasant in the extreme. One of those things you wish you could unsee. Best of luck to her and anyone else doing that horror show of a job. There just isn't enough money in the world for me to do a job like that.

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2018, 19:51 Bill Borre

It also uses artificial intelligence and has stated that one of its main priorities is to improve the technology so that the unpleasant job of monitoring disturbing images and videos can be done wholly by machines.

Hmmm. I'm not sure we want to be training AI on this material.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >