Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta

Here's a reminder that Windows beta testing of the Blackout mode for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is now open to anyone with a Battle.net account. Since the whole battle royale thing isn't getting a lot of notice these days, here's a refresher on what to expect:

In Blackout, Black Ops comes to life in one massive battle royale experience, combining Black Ops signature combat and the biggest map in Call of Duty history.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 18, 2018, 07:38 Retired

/What Sepharo said.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 17, 2018, 15:21 Sepharo

Osc8r wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 01:02:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 00:58:
Osc8r wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 00:53:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 16, 2018, 00:35:
You're crazy. For most of the guns it takes forever to kill someone.
You can hose em on down and need to reload before you get a kill sometimes.

And with the near instantaneous healing fights can go on forever.

Forever?

https://youtu.be/7fGIvXGojX8?t=2m29s

Try 0.5 seconds a fight. If you can aim and you fire first you win, and the enemies don't even get a chance to fight back... how fun!

Low TTK doesn't suit BR games at all IMO, especially ones where everyone sprints and slides around at 100mph... but hey, if that's what the console kids want i guess?

I didn't have many complaints about the menu UI, but looting/inventory system was trash.

Right that's why I said for most of the guns. The majority of weapons are not like that.
That's a shotgun that has an inventory description of "reliable 2 shot kills". It's supposed to be a strong close range death dealer but it's probably a bit too good right now.

And a Shroud clip isn't going to be really all that representative of even the average good player.

It's the same pretty much all weapons though: https://youtu.be/7fGIvXGojX8?t=4m14s

Takes under a second to kill each player.

That was pretty much my experience in the beta, you either kill your opponent in a second or they kill you in a second. The only half way interesting fights were late game with longer range weapons.

Hell, i tried squads thinking that may be better, but you split up for a few seconds and boom, one of them gets knocked and finished before they can say 'help'.

I mean just look at how quickly his teammate dies in that fight... blink and you will miss it.

I don't know, i guess i just enjoy more tactical thoughtful play than rambo insta kill fests where all that matters is aim.

Could be just getting old though!

It really just makes me wonder if you play MP FPS though...
PUBG, CS, BF, Siege all have lower average TTK than this game.
I can take PP Bizon smg in CS GO, one of the weakest guns in the game but with a high capacity clip, and kill someone faster with it than I can an assault rifle in Blackout.

You say you want something more tactical... tactical games tend to have lower not higher TTK.
Sounds to me that what you really have a problem with is the speed/mobility not the TTK.

I'm not arguing that they need to change the TTK, each game is unique, and within Blackout (and other games) armor and headshots are going to affect the time... but to say that's it's too low when it's higher than most MP FPS games... maybe you should play Destiny or Borderlands.

18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 17, 2018, 03:11 MattyC

Played for a bit earlier. Another super uninspired BR mode. Go to island on a glider and derp about looking for loot. It is more or less a carbon copy of anything you have played previously in this genre, which I guess is the new MOBA. Not my cup of tea, but that is fine. I imagine it was the goal and is what the audience wants.

I will say that it ran very well and the sound was great - a complement I usually reserve for Battlefield games, not CoD. The guns have all the right feel. Pretty much everything else is either stock BF or meh though. There was a lot of pop-in, but I don't think you can fairly evaluate a multiplayer beta for that type of thing.

I imagine it will sell buckets to its intended audience, I am just sadly not part of it.

17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 17, 2018, 01:02 Osc8r

Sepharo wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 00:58:

Forever?

Try 0.5 seconds a fight. If you can aim and you fire first you win, and the enemies don't even get a chance to fight back... how fun!

Low TTK doesn't suit BR games at all IMO, especially ones where everyone sprints and slides around at 100mph... but hey, if that's what the console kids want i guess?

I didn't have many complaints about the menu UI, but looting/inventory system was trash.

Right that's why I said for most of the guns. The majority of weapons are not like that.
That's a shotgun that has an inventory description of "reliable 2 shot kills". It's supposed to be a strong close range death dealer but it's probably a bit too good right now.

And a Shroud clip isn't going to be really all that representative of even the average good player.

It's the same pretty much all weapons though: https://youtu.be/7fGIvXGojX8?t=4m14s

Takes under a second to kill each player.

That was pretty much my experience in the beta, you either kill your opponent in a second or they kill you in a second. The only half way interesting fights were late game with longer range weapons.

Hell, i tried squads thinking that may be better, but you split up for a few seconds and boom, one of them gets knocked and finished before they can say 'help'.

I mean just look at how quickly his teammate dies in that fight... blink and you will miss it.

I don't know, i guess i just enjoy more tactical thoughtful play than rambo insta kill fests where all that matters is aim.

Could be just getting old though!

16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 17, 2018, 00:58 Sepharo

Forever?

15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 17, 2018, 00:53 Osc8r

Forever?

14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 19:31 Sepharo

Rigs wrote on Sep 16, 2018, 14:40:
EDIT: And, oh god, the UI...whoever did the UI should be fired. Now. Preferably with a shotgun so they can't design another god-awful UI like that. Severe Consolitis doesn't even begin to cover it - big buttons, lots of wasted space, uncentered text or text that goes out of the margins, buttons that don't respond or aren't buttons but LOOK like buttons, an inventory that U.S. Customs would arrest for negligence...

Did you try BF5? Because it's everything you said x10.
I thought the menus in Blackout were pretty good, the settings sections in particular.

13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 15:22 DangerDog

No, it's all you. You just suck a the game rofl get gud dude!

/s

12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 14:40 Rigs

I did about fourteen rounds, first time I've actually played a BR-type game without having to be goaded into it by someone. Thought with all the 'rave' reviews I've been hearing (especially from some at work who started playing Thursday night and I had to listen to all fucking day Friday how it was better than sex) that maybe I'd like the new 'Blackout' spin on it.

Nope.

Still hate everything about this shit. Seriously, how can you guys enjoy this crap?! There's no strategy involved, it's just luck of the draw where you land, whether you get stuff before someone else, whether anyone is around to shoot you in the face the very @$^$# moment you land. I don't know how many times I landed and was shot dead in like 10 seconds! This is fun!?? It ain't MY kind of fun! Count me out, uninstalled in less than 45 minutes. It took longer to download the frakin' thing...

EDIT: And, oh god, the UI...whoever did the UI should be fired. Now. Preferably with a shotgun so they can't design another god-awful UI like that. Severe Consolitis doesn't even begin to cover it - big buttons, lots of wasted space, uncentered text or text that goes out of the margins, buttons that don't respond or aren't buttons but LOOK like buttons, an inventory that U.S. Customs would arrest for negligence...

Feel like I should go take a shower... *shudder*

=-Rigs-=

11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 05:06 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Sep 16, 2018, 03:43:
Just played it a couple of hours and didn't crash.

I'm not a fan of Battle Royale mode, people scrounging better weapons, armor and mega health kits just to end up camping out the few remaining players. I was just playing it solo so maybe if you're teaming up with a buddy it could be a better experience but I would get tired of the map pretty fast. The "Call of Duty" style of shooter never did anything for me.

I'll wait and see what come out of Criterion for Battlefield V's take on Battle Royale, at least that's suppose to be squad based, the shooting and player movement system in Battlefield is 10x better than this.

blackout has squads too

10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 03:43 DangerDog

Just played it a couple of hours and didn't crash.

I'm not a fan of Battle Royale mode, people scrounging better weapons, armor and mega health kits just to end up camping out the few remaining players. I was just playing it solo so maybe if you're teaming up with a buddy it could be a better experience but I would get tired of the map pretty fast. The "Call of Duty" style of shooter never did anything for me.

I'll wait and see what come out of Criterion for Battlefield V's take on Battle Royale, at least that's suppose to be squad based, the shooting and player movement system in Battlefield is 10x better than this.

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 01:05 Rhett

Was crashing a bit yesterday (all of my group) but nobody has crashed a single time today oddly enough. Not sure what's causing those issues.

8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 00:55 Slick

Armor is everything. 40% dmg reduction for everything except headshots on T1 armor.

Also, the game crashes like a motherfucker. Everyone I've tried playing with lasts from 30 seconds to 5 minutes before the client crashes.

I can't believe they ran a public beta with this build, too bad cause it's kinda fun.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 00:35 Sepharo

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 15, 2018, 22:15 Osc8r

At first play it feels very arcady, and the TTK is ridiculously low - it may suit consoles where it's harder to aim, but not on PC's where people die in a matter of seconds to an smg even with lvl 3 armor.

The inventory system is fn terrible and the quality of graphics/rendering at longer range is so damn blurry even at render res of 150 at 1440p.

I may need to put in some more time just a shame the beta doesn't last longer.

Ok, put in more some time... I don't think the game is for me. Too fast for my old timer re-actions and the low TTK (which the consensus on the forums is that it's too HIGH) just makes for unrewarding combat. You spend so much time looting, relocating, and searching for people (extremely BUSY environment) only for combat to be over so quickly?

Shame, was hoping for more... but it feels like your run of your mill COD game just with a BR mode tacked on. Shooting down heli's was fun though...

I don't think fornite has anything to worry about even if this was free. Two completely different games for two completely different audiences.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2018, 01:27.

5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 15, 2018, 17:38 VaranDragon

Yeah played a few rounds today. Enjoying it so far. It's quite a lot of fun. Shame the beta will only last till the end of the weekend.  

4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 15, 2018, 16:06 Retired

It is really good. I am impressed.  

3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 15, 2018, 15:56 <Electric-Spock>

Installing now.

Thanks man!!

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 15, 2018, 15:37 Rhett

You can straight up download it on Battle.net. Just need the app installed.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/apps/battle.net/desktop

17GB for BLOPS 4.

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 15, 2018, 15:21 <Electric-Spock>

Must you pre order the game to play or can anyone actually play? I tried tying my battlenet account to the call of duty site, created a call of duty login, and all I could find was a place to enter a code, which I do no have because I have not pre ordered.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo