Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wolfenstein III Confirmed

"Absolutely we’re making a Wolfenstein III," Bethesda's Pete Hines tells Metro News (thanks IGN) in an interview that mentions the alternate history World War II game several times. He talks about the recently announced Young Blood installment and says "we’re about to do two more Wolfenstein games," so Wolf III may enter development sooner rather than later. Word is:

GC: Ultimately I just want you to guarantee there’ll be a Wolfenstein III, because I want to see how it ends.

PH:
Yeah, sure. Absolutely we’re making a Wolfenstein III. They said on stage that they’re taking a break from the larger story to do this thing. But we all have to see how that ends. [laughs]

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 14, 2018, 09:33 Frode

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 07:36:
I've yet to play the last one. Heard very good things.

The gameplay was fine, but the amount of cut scenes nearly drove me mad. I didn't time it, but in at least one instance I don't think I'm exaggerating much if I say there was a five minute cut scene, one minute game sequence, then another five minute cut scene.

I ended up skipping them. It led to some odd "wait, where the hell am I, how did I get here, why is this thing happening?!" moments, but that's a price I was willing to pay. Unfortunately that still left me with the annoying hub area you constantly have to run around for a bit in order to start the next mission, as well as the in-engine cut scenes which were unskippable.

It's the only game I can remember that I very nearly didn't bother finishing, even though I enjoyed the gameplay. I would've paid extra for an option to remove all the padding and replacing it with a few sentences of text summary to keep the story coherent.

Sorry for the rant, had to get that off my chest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 14, 2018, 07:42 Beamer

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 07:36:

I found it way, way better than the first, but I think I'm in the minority. Personally, I find the section between levels a bit dull, did in the first, but found the actual levels a blast, the weapon design a blast, etc.

It's a fairly standard FPS done really, really well.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 14, 2018, 07:36 VaranDragon

8. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 14, 2018, 07:32 Trashy

Did Nazi this coming...  

7. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 14, 2018, 02:57 El Pit

Heltorne wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 00:56:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 00:31:
I didn't think the last one made that much money

Same, I doubt it did. That Deqer user below just wanted to add some generic negativity that has no basis in fact.

Well, that is why deqer is on my block list. He is a troll and got really nothing to say.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

6. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 14, 2018, 02:41 Turd Ferguson

Can never get enough of wasting those goose stepping Nazis.  

5. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 14, 2018, 00:56 Heltorne

DangerDog wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 00:31:

Same, I doubt it did. That Deqer user below just wanted to add some generic negativity that has no basis in fact.

4. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 14, 2018, 00:31 DangerDog

3. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2018, 23:39 deqer

Of course we're making part III "now", because we lost a bunch of money on Quake Champions, so we were unable to milk that for as long as possible before then having to make Wolf III "later".  

2. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 13, 2018, 21:46 Pepe

More nazi slaying ftw.  

1. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 13, 2018, 21:44 Xero

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo