Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass Includes Assassin's Creed III Remastered

With Assassin's Creed Odyssey due next month, Ubisoft unveils details about post-release content for the next game in the series. Those who purchase the Season Pass, Gold, or special editions of the game will get access to two additional major story arcs, along with Assassin's Creed III Remastered, which also includes Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered. This trailer illustrates their post-launch roadmap, and the post also includes details on some free content too:

Odyssey's first major piece of story-based post-launch content, Legacy of the First Blade, introduces players to the first person to ever use the Hidden Blade, forever altering history. Launching in December, Legacy of the First Blade will reveal more about the history that led to the formation of the Assassins. Then, in spring 2019, The Fate of Atlantis, the second story arc, will set players against mythic creatures while they uncover the mysteries of the fabled sunken city of Atlantis. Each story arc will launch as a series of episodic adventures, with new episodes releasing approximately every six weeks.

If the Peloponnesian War has you hungry for another historical conflict, the Season Pass will also let you jump into the American Revolution with Assassin's Creed III Remastered, which includes all of Assassin's Creed III's post-launch content – including the Benedict Arnold missions, the Hidden Secrets Pack, and The Tyranny of King Washington – as well as Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered. Assassin's Creed III Remastered puts you in the role of Connor, an Assassin of Native American and British descent who fights a secret war during the American Revolution, while Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered follows the deadly Aveline de Grandpré as she travels from the streets of colonial New Orleans to ancient Mayan ruins. Both Remastered editions support 4K and HDR on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and PC, as well higher-resolution textures, an improved lighting rendering system, and other graphical improvements.

Those who don't pick up the Season Pass will still have access to additional post-launch content. The Lost Tales of Greece are free episodic stories that will release regularly between the larger post-launch episodes, providing a continual stream of new content to all players, with quests that feature new and familiar characters. Additionally, recurring in-game events will also be free for all players, and introduce new epic ships, mercenaries, and mythical creatures for players to take down each week. Lastly, Assassin's Creed Odyssey will receive a New Game Plus mode, which will bring new challenges and allow you to see how different choices affect your odyssey.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass Includes Assassin's Creed III Remastered Sep 15, 2018, 07:00 Quinn

MoonSpook wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 07:49:
Quinn wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 03:13:
Question about the scholar tour: is it intertwined with the campaign? As in... can I access the scholar bits while playing the actual game?

It's an entirely separate game mode - you choose that from the Main Menu instead of the normal game. Heck, you can even buy it entirely separate from the main game too, if you only want to learn about the history and not actually play the game.

This is extremely disappointing to me. I'd have loved contextualized scholar tours. Like for example, when the campaign takes you to that arena you should have the chance (by interacting with some sign post or whatever) to get the scholar tour about the arenas. Man, what a miss!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass Includes Assassin's Creed III Remastered Sep 14, 2018, 07:49 MoonSpook

Quinn wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 03:13:
Question about the scholar tour: is it intertwined with the campaign? As in... can I access the scholar bits while playing the actual game?

It's an entirely separate game mode - you choose that from the Main Menu instead of the normal game. Heck, you can even buy it entirely separate from the main game too, if you only want to learn about the history and not actually play the game.

4. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass Includes Assassin's Creed III Remastered Sep 14, 2018, 07:25 NKD

The main issue with AC3 is the god awful crafting system. Whoever designed that UI legit needs to be guillotined in the town square.  

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

3. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass Includes Assassin's Creed III Remastered Sep 14, 2018, 03:13 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 21:25:
Whilst I enjoyed Origins - still doing the scholar tour, which I really enjoy - I probably could have waited for the GOTY ed on sale, which I'll likely be doing with this one. And 3 remasterd? Really? It was such weak sauce. They should have done AC2 instead.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass Includes Assassin's Creed III Remastered Sep 13, 2018, 21:25 Cutter

Whilst I enjoyed Origins - still doing the scholar tour, which I really enjoy - I probably could have waited for the GOTY ed on sale, which I'll likely be doing with this one. And 3 remasterd? Really? It was such weak sauce. They should have done AC2 instead.

"If you promote conformity, don't be surprised if that's what you get." - Ken Robinson

1. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass Includes Assassin's Creed III Remastered Sep 13, 2018, 19:44 CJ_Parker

AssCreed III: Nice in so far as it was the conclusion of the Desmond Miles story but otherwise a terrible AC that also sucked in the tech department since it felt way too conslow-infested.

It started good with Haytham Kenway but then went to shit with the -to me- most annoying main character in the series (whiny Connor).
I ended up rushing through the Connor parts to get back to Desmond, his dad, Rebecca and Shawn (the latter was worth the price of admission alone).
The real world story here was actually better than the historical stuff.

To me it was the second weakest AC (the very first one was actually the shittiest IMHO).

The only good thing about AC III is that it was followed by (one of) the series best: Black Flag.

It's kind of weird that they are doing a remaster of this entry (mebbe cuz of the Juno/Minerva connection for Odyssey?).
They should probably include an intro video then that depicts the events from AC1/AC2/Bruhhood/Revelations so people who haven't played those games would know who the fuck Desmond even is.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo