Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access

Publisher 505 Games and developer Kunos Simulazioni have launched Assetto Corsa Competizione into Early Access on Steam, offering a first chance to play this racing simulation that is the official game of the Blancpain GT Series. They seek to inspire early participation by offering what they call a "buy-now, save-later" incentive, saying the $24.99 USD Early Access price tag is "a fraction of the launch price" in Q1 2019. They offer a roadmap of monthly content releases that also maps out planned intermediate price jumps along the way. They also provide a new trailer and the following details:

After the groundbreaking worldwide success of Assetto Corsa, which redefined the standards of the Sim racing genre, the Italian development team KUNOS Simulazioni is ready to deliver to its amazing community the first Early Access version of their latest game.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is born from KUNOS Simulazioniís long-term experience, and it takes full advantage of Unreal Engine 4, ensuring photorealistic weather conditions and graphics, night races, motion capture animations, reaching a new standard in terms of driving realism and immersion, thanks to its further improved aerodynamic models.

The immersive sim game will allow players to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA ​​GT3 homologated championship, competing with official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved. Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races will come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 14, 2018, 09:32 Muscular Beaver

theglaze wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 13:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 12:29:
Nah, not in a series (unless you count working for a race team - not as a driver), but I live near a racetrack and you can rent such cars like that. Not to mention my private car has far over 500 HP and I drive it on that racetrack for fun.
Theres simply no comparison. What you call thrill can be achieved with any other game. Doesnt have to be a racing game. But its truly very thrilling to keep your precious car from crashing, while still pushing it to the limits, avoiding a lot of wasted money, while getting better lap times all the time.

True, a thrill can be obtained in other games, and even a well executed racing simulator will not provide the seat-of-the-pants experience that a real race car on a track will provide. That said, I still see a lot of benefits to sim racing that most of us non-professional drivers can enjoy today, if one is willing to accept the limitations of the experience.

As far as motion simulators go.. this kickstarter may challenge the SimXperience style motion platforms because it uses gravity to simulate g-forces:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/feelthree/feel-three-virtual-reality-motion-simulator
Good start, but I fear the cable twisting is a very limiting factor.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 14, 2018, 07:42 VaranDragon

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 20:27:
I recently decided to build a racing sim pit instead of investing in VR, so bring on the new generation of racers! Cant wait to play dirt rally and forza 7 on a proper force feedback wheel, along with the realistic sims like project cars and assetto corsa. If VR manages to come down in price while updating the visuals, that will be something I can add to this setup in the future as well.

You're gonna have a shitload of fun in Project Cars 2. A friend of mine has a sim driving chair setup with a 4k big screen TV + G29 racing wheel with shifter etc. and we have a blast whenever Im at his house.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 14, 2018, 03:55 Mordecai Walfish

theglaze wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 09:11:
I recently decided to build a racing sim pit instead of investing in VR, so bring on the new generation of racers! Cant wait to play dirt rally and forza 7 on a proper force feedback wheel, along with the realistic sims like project cars and assetto corsa. If VR manages to come down in price while updating the visuals, that will be something I can add to this setup in the future as well.

Dirty Rally is amazing, the best thing this side of Richard Burns. Forza 7 (demo) was a complete bust, but PCars2 fills that void on PC.

VR is great, even with low resolution, so don't wait too long before joining in on the fun!

Got my modded install of richard burns ready to fire up as well!

I accept this isnt 100% realism, but im getting good quality parts and making the hardware and frame myself, so its a fun project as well as the best input device for one of my favorite genres. i still play rts games with a microsoft supreme commander as well, and enjoy arcade games and modern platformers and fighters with my arcade stick, and flight/space sims with a flight stick (even flew in a couple of the battlefield/planetside games with those, lol.) A great input device can be transformative to a gaming experience and i dig that extra bit of immersion that comes along with the often more precise control.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 13:28 theglaze

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 12:29:
Nah, not in a series (unless you count working for a race team - not as a driver), but I live near a racetrack and you can rent such cars like that. Not to mention my private car has far over 500 HP and I drive it on that racetrack for fun.
Theres simply no comparison. What you call thrill can be achieved with any other game. Doesnt have to be a racing game. But its truly very thrilling to keep your precious car from crashing, while still pushing it to the limits, avoiding a lot of wasted money, while getting better lap times all the time.

True, a thrill can be obtained in other games, and even a well executed racing simulator will not provide the seat-of-the-pants experience that a real race car on a track will provide. That said, I still see a lot of benefits to sim racing that most of us non-professional drivers can enjoy today, if one is willing to accept the limitations of the experience.

As far as motion simulators go.. this kickstarter may challenge the SimXperience style motion platforms because it uses gravity to simulate g-forces:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/feelthree/feel-three-virtual-reality-motion-simulator

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 13:11 theglaze

Orogogus wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 11:27:
Have you had a chance to try any of the higher resolution headsets, like the Vive Pro or the Samsung Odyssey? I'm curious if the ~70% increased pixel count is enough to resolve distant fuzzy blobs into cars and spaceships.

I haven't used the latest headsets... but I am also curious! I can imagine 70% is better, but it wonít be enough. In fact, it may make distance viewing even more jarring considering how beautiful the interior of the car will look.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 12:29 Muscular Beaver

theglaze wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 09:04:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 23:49:
I cant find anything great about racing sims anymore, after Ive driven cars like that in real life.
The feedback of the car and the feeling of physics is missing completely. A vibrating steering wheel is pathetic.
You would need a real hydraulic device on which your screen and seat is mounted on. And thats still very expensive. And then there would still be the question if the devs got the cars right, which I know they dont very often.

Youíve raced in a series like Blancpain? Trading paint against other +500bhp cars around some of the best racing circuits in the world? Competing for championship points to climb the ladder above your competition? What a thrill!

I've driven fast cars and motorcycles, some track time in open wheel racers, so I can't relate.

Perhaps my ignorance is bliss? But I do appreciate the online competition found in iRacing, the challenge of tuning a car for each week's race track, and executing on-track maneuvers to translate all that practice time into results.

Hopefully ACC can deliver on its multiplayer experience, and challenge the industry leaders.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 11:27 Orogogus

theglaze wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 09:11:

Dirty Rally is amazing, the best thing this side of Richard Burns. Forza 7 (demo) was a complete bust, but PCars2 fills that void on PC.

VR is great, even with low resolution, so don't wait too long before joining in on the fun!

Have you had a chance to try any of the higher resolution headsets, like the Vive Pro or the Samsung Odyssey? I'm curious if the ~70% increased pixel count is enough to resolve distant fuzzy blobs into cars and spaceships.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 09:11 theglaze

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 09:04 theglaze

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 23:49:
I cant find anything great about racing sims anymore, after Ive driven cars like that in real life.
The feedback of the car and the feeling of physics is missing completely. A vibrating steering wheel is pathetic.
You would need a real hydraulic device on which your screen and seat is mounted on. And thats still very expensive. And then there would still be the question if the devs got the cars right, which I know they dont very often.

Youíve raced in a series like Blancpain? Trading paint against other +500bhp cars around some of the best racing circuits in the world? Competing for championship points to climb the ladder above your competition? What a thrill!

I've driven fast cars and motorcycles, some track time in open wheel racers, so I can't relate.

Perhaps my ignorance is bliss? But I do appreciate the online competition found in iRacing, the challenge of tuning a car for each week's race track, and executing on-track maneuvers to translate all that practice time into results.

Hopefully ACC can deliver on its multiplayer experience, and challenge the industry leaders.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 02:18 xXStellarDadXx

I know its not a sim but if u have not yet tried it, the Forza Horizon series is really fun so u might want to check out the Forza Horizon 4 demo to see if u like it...

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 12, 2018, 23:49 Muscular Beaver

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 12, 2018, 20:27 Mordecai Walfish

1. ERe: Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access Sep 12, 2018, 19:32 SpectralMeat

Project CARS2 is also on sale at the same time this comes out. I am sure it's just a co incident.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2018, 21:50.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo