Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free

Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for PC is now free on Origin, just like the free Battlefield 1 Premium Pass mentioned last night (thanks MP1ST). This includes various perks for the World War II shooter, primarily free access to five expansion packs. Also included is priority server access, exclusive customizations, bonus content, and 12 Battlepacks. Here's more on what this offers to Battlefield 4 owners:

You've got Battlefield 4. Now it's time to truly dominate the warzone with Premium Membership.

Premium Membership unlocks in all the great extra content from Battlefield 4 Premium Edition. Get all five expansion packs and dive into all new modes across 20 new maps. Plus grab 12 bonus Battlepacks, priority position in multiplayer server queues, and access to exclusive Double XP events.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 13, 2018, 19:38 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 16:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 15:52:
SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:27:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:01:

I have no issues finding games, I use server browser tho

That's interesting.
I'll check the filters, maybe I have something turned on and that's why I don't get any servers.

Use Battlelog + Better Battlelog plugin, to filter out the broken player numbers, otherwise you won't find any servers as they all appear full (even though they aren't)
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.
In my case I didn't see any full servers, I didn't see any servers at all.
I'm thinking it may have been a filter turned on or something.
At the time I just thought the MP part of the game was dead

Yeah because Dice broke the player display, servers appear full when they aren't, and full servers are filtered out. It's a huge problem that they introduced with their god awful server browser patch. You can not use the in-game server browser at all, not if you want to stay sane.

And the game is pretty dang alive, just has a pretty high skill ceiling (obviously)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 20:14 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 16:10:

That's interesting.
I'll check the filters, maybe I have something turned on and that's why I don't get any servers.

Use Battlelog + Better Battlelog plugin, to filter out the broken player numbers, otherwise you won't find any servers as they all appear full (even though they aren't)

It's still active.

http://bf4stats.com/

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 19:28 Slick

FloorPie wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 18:02:
Slick wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 15:23:
BFBC2 was on sale on Steam for $3 the other day, don't know if it's still going. Apparently, you have to link your Origin account and play through origin tho for MP. Kinda like a Steam-Ubi dealio. Loved that game tho, even though it's pretty dated. Great SP campaign.

Lots of people were having problems with that on Steam. Just take the cd-key steam gives you and activate it on your origin account, no "linking" has to be done. Worked just fine for me.

Ahh cool, good to know, yeah, I'm just parroting what I read on another forum. I ported my steam key to origin years ago, but sadly the Vietnam servers are never populated, and that's the only reason I'd wanna go back.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 18:02 FloorPie

Slick wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 15:23:
BFBC2 was on sale on Steam for $3 the other day, don't know if it's still going. Apparently, you have to link your Origin account and play through origin tho for MP. Kinda like a Steam-Ubi dealio. Loved that game tho, even though it's pretty dated. Great SP campaign.

Lots of people were having problems with that on Steam. Just take the cd-key steam gives you and activate it on your origin account, no "linking" has to be done. Worked just fine for me.

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 16:10 SpectralMeat

That's interesting.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 15:52 eRe4s3r

That's interesting.

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 15:45 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:09:
This includes various perks for the World War II shooter...

BF4 is modern world, not WW2, dude.

you can earn skins for weapons in BFV, although even BFV isn't WWII

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 15:23 Slick

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 15:10 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 12:27:
Does anyone still plays BF4?
I've tried to get into a game a few weeks ago and couldn't find any servers at all.
I wish EA would add some bots to these games so after all the masses move on to the latest and greatest people that doesn't need to have the latest game in the series can still have a bit of fun in a simulated MP environment.
Yeah, I still play BF2 cuz bots. AIX2 is so much fun.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 15:08 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:09:

I thought he meant to write WW3.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

8. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 12, 2018, 15:06 GunSpeed

New single player missions?

Nope, nada...

7. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 12, 2018, 14:03 {PH}88fingers

any of that new free content have any single player ?  

6. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 13:27 SpectralMeat

That's interesting.

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 13:09 CJ_Parker

4. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 13:01 OldDirtyEwok

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 12:27:
I've tried to get into a game a few weeks ago and couldn't find any servers at all.
I wish EA would add some bots to these games so after all the masses move on to the latest and greatest people that doesn't need to have the latest game in the series can still have a bit of fun in a simulated MP environment.

3. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 12:27 SpectralMeat

2. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 11:39 Xero

Bah, I think Battlefield 3 was much better than 4. 4 was like a rehash of it.

I honestly hate EA's schemes. They make you pay through your teeth for all kinds of membership/platinum deals when their games drop and then the game is 1 title away from their newest they begin to give away some of the paid DLCs for free. Then when the game is 2 titles away from their latest it becomes free. It's all a marketing scheme I tell ya!

You can say, oh but it's free! Nah, EA has other ideas up their sleeves on why they are giving away it free. Then 4 titles in deep from the latest and they will shut off the servers.

I don't buy EA's generosity or their "on the house" which was mostly absolutely shieet titles.

1. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 11:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ahh, BF4, the best Battlefield. On the one hand, it's nice that EA is basically giving away all their older multiplayer games for free or at a massive discount, but hoo boy, I imagine the cheating situation is going to be insane for a few months.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo