Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors

CNET has a statement from Microsoft that throws cold water on recent speculation that Halo 5: Guardians was headed to PCs. The conjecture was based on new box art for the Xbox One version, but a Microsoft spokesperson tells them this is off-base: "As we've shared previously, we do not have plans to launch Halo 5: Guardians on Windows 10 PC." They also delve into the mixed messages about Windows prospects for Halo Infinite, which is not certain either. Sometimes it seems like someone should remind Microsoft that they are the ones who actually make Windows.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 23:36 Avus

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 17:23:
MS is dumb

yes x938742876 and they can't even see this...

Ubisoft Uplay OS support: MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1,10
EA Origin OS support: MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 + OSX
GoG Galaxy OS support: MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 + OSX + Linux
Steam OS support: MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 + OSX + Linux

and MS (the company who created ALL Windows in planet EARTH) Store OS support: ONLY the LATEST version of Windows 10!!
Why the fxxk you want to spend $$ in a store like this? Why the fxxk the game developer want to sell a game in a store like this?

This DUMB MS still do things like they did in 2000... You want the latest IE? Get the latest Windows. See what happen now?? Nobody care MS IE anymore. Everyone open their new PC and the first thing to do is install Firefox or Chrome. It is the same thing with the MS Store now.

Windows 10 gaming =/= PC gaming and the company who create all the Windows in planet EARTH still don't understand this...

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 23:17 SMITE

GFWL fuck the world!

It's coming back. You'll see. Going to put Steam to shame.

15. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 18:47 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 17:23:
MS is dumb
What part of "Microsoft: PC gaming is very important to Windows 10 and the company's success" don't you understand.

They can't make it any clearer.

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/
http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

14. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 17:27 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 12:35:
I am not sure if they would be making all kinds of money on the PC port.
I am not a programmer but I can imagine porting the game to the PC would probably require it to be re-worked a bit so it looks acceptable on the PC.

The game would probably be Win10/windows store exclusive or something stupid like that, so 90% of pc gamers would just boycott it or pirate it anyways.
At this point if I really wanted to play Halo, I'd just get a dirt cheap copy of it on the console.

It requires much less effort than it used to in order to port games to different platforms. This is even more true for PC - PS4 - XB1, since they are all based on X86 architecture.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

13. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 17:23 jdreyer

MS is dumb  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

12. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 16:03 eRe4s3r

aka_STEVE wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 14:08:
so does this mean they have decided to RE-focus their refocus on PC gaming ...??

Seriously, I can't keep it straight anymore of how many times they'e announced their re-dedication to PC's and we've seen nothing interesting.

To be fair, the statement is overly specific (Windows 10). Meaning their OS store for games has flopped so epically that they don't plan on using it anymore. Maybe it'll still come to Origin or Steam, who knows. But yeah, pretty clear MS is not gonna fully support the W10 app store anymore.

11. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 14:43 El Pit

aka_STEVE wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 14:08:
so does this mean they have decided to RE-focus their refocus on PC gaming ...??

They totally pulled an xbox 360 here!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

10. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 14:08 aka_STEVE

Seriously, I can't keep it straight anymore of how many times they'e announced their re-dedication to PC's and we've seen nothing interesting.

9. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 13:58 Zoom

Reactor wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:33:
Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:14:
Boggles the mind how much money those clowns have left on the table ignoring PC gaming.

Yeah...

They had a complete monopoly at some point giving them the opportunity to seize the market. They did not, and Valve filled that void.

8. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 13:34 SpectralMeat

Flatline wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:03:
I know people shitcan it but really at this point Destiny 2 scratches the itch that Halo has. The combat basically feels almost exactly like Halo, and with the Forsaken DLC dropping the game feels more complete.
Agreed

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 13:03 Flatline

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 12:35:
I am not a programmer but I can imagine porting the game to the PC would probably require it to be re-worked a bit so it looks acceptable on the PC.

The game would probably be Win10/windows store exclusive or something stupid like that, so 90% of pc gamers would just boycott it or pirate it anyways.
At this point if I really wanted to play Halo, I'd just get a dirt cheap copy of it on the console.

I know people shitcan it but really at this point Destiny 2 scratches the itch that Halo has. The combat basically feels almost exactly like Halo, and with the Forsaken DLC dropping the game feels more complete.

6. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 13:02 Avus

Not really care about if MS release an OLD game and than brag how much they love PC gaming...

I love my PC/Mac/Linux games in Steam. MS, release their games on Steam then I will consider to buy from them. Yea, MS need to pay 30% but I don't really care. IMHO, it is fair because MS was the one who gave up their own Windows gaming distribution market back in 2003. There is a reason why people using the fxxking iTune and Steam in MS Windows for decades.

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack

5. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 12:35 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 12:28 HoSpanky

Id be surprised if Halo Infinite didnt show up on PC. Every first party game since re-core has come out on pc the same day as the console one.  

3. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 11:33 Reactor

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:14:
Boggles the mind how much money those clowns have left on the table ignoring PC gaming.

Yeah...

2. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 11:14 Agent.X7

*FACEPALM*  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

1. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 11:14 Cutter

"If earth is 4 billion years old and you have co-existed with David Bowie, listening to his songs , you can consider yourself a lottery jackpot winner."

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo