Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rocksteady's "Highly Anticipated Upcoming AAA Title"

The Rocksteady Studios Jobs Section now lists a bunch of openings suggesting the developer is staffing to develop an unannounced AAA game (thanks ResetEra via Eurogamer). Some of the listings mention an interest in comics as part of the background they are looking for, and the listing for a community manager specifies highly anticipated upcoming AAA title this is "a highly anticipated upcoming AAA title" that's a "collaboration with our Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) colleagues." Their partnership with WBIE covers the Arkham series of Batman games, and rumors have swirled for some time now that the developer is working on a Superman game, even though gaming depictions of the man of steel have often proven to be Kryptonite in the past.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 13:39 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 09:28:
Never been a fan of Superman myself. He's way too OP - needs a nerf badly.

He just needs to fight against legions of flying orcs armed with Kryptonite arrows.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 13:37 jdreyer

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 01:52:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 23:31:
El Pit wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 14:38:
Since we won't get the new Spider-Man game on our gaming pcs (thank you, Sony!), I hope we can get at least a decent Supe game. I would rather have another Arkham game or a Spider-Man game (Supe can fly all over the world, so a game with its limited city/area makes no sense with the Man of Steel).

You could build a Superman game in an engine like the GTAV city.

No you can't. Or rather you can, but it would be pretty crappy. Unless it had full destruction.

I was really referring to the scale and scope. Most RS levels are pretty small. You might be able to get away without destructibility, but it would be a risk.

21. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 10:38 Beamer

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 09:28:

Agreed 100%

Dacron wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 10:37:
Deadpool.

Pretty certain Warner Brothers isn't going to make a Deadpool game, and they own Rocksteady, so...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 10:37 Dacron

Deadpool.  
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

19. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 09:59 Red886

can we destroy entire cities plz?

i hope so. well within Superman's power

or even better , make it a two track main story where you can turn Superman ddddaaarrrkkkk where you need to reign in all the superheroes one way or another......

18. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 09:28 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 07:02 HoSpanky

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 01:52:
Since we won't get the new Spider-Man game on our gaming pcs (thank you, Sony!), I hope we can get at least a decent Supe game. I would rather have another Arkham game or a Spider-Man game (Supe can fly all over the world, so a game with its limited city/area makes no sense with the Man of Steel).

No you can't. Or rather you can, but it would be pretty crappy. Unless it had full destruction.

So, a licensed Megaton Rainfall, then? Might be able to put enough money into development that it’d have better balance than the original.

16. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 01:52 VaranDragon

15. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 00:37 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 00:23:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 23:38:
Aquaman is another good fit for Rock Steady's experience

If that experience is losing money.

Yeah, as I mentioned, not sure the market is there. But the movie is coming out, so who knows for sure.

14. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 00:23 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 23:38:
Aquaman is another good fit for Rock Steady's experience

If that experience is losing money.

13. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 00:05 El Pit

It would still be only one big city, maybe with some suburbs. Good for Batman, good for Spider-Man, but for Superman? No. He is less limited and can move 100 miles per second - this is a problem for game design. So either you have to design the whole wide world in your game - which is impossible unless you are Chris Roberts and have people willing to give you money for decades of development - or it is not a Superman game. Where Bats and Spidey need some time to move from one block to the other, Supe would be there within the blink of an eye. This is a huge game design problem.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

12. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 23:58 jdreyer

A few more.

Green Arrow would also fit with RS's experience.

Also, Green Lantern.

Both characters offer lots of cool and creative opportunities for abilities, locations, and villians.

Lastly, my fav DC character is Swamp Thing, but I don't know how you make a game out of that.

11. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 23:38 jdreyer

Wonder Woman is the most likely fit for what Rock Steady has done with Batman to this point. Not sure if the market is there. The movie was super popular though.

Superman or Flash would require a much larger map, a la GTAV.

Aquaman is another good fit for Rock Steady's experience, as levels could be fairly small in scope and still allow Aquaman a wide array of interesting abilities. Again, not sure the market is there, but with the new movie coming out maybe the game will be based on the DCCU.

10. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 23:31 jdreyer

9. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 23:29 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 14:29:
Nobody knows what it is, but it's 'highly anticipated.'

I often highly anticipate things about which I know absolutely nothing. Rolleyes

The first time you had sex was highly anticipated, even though you knew absolutely nothing about it.

8. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 22:53 Kosumo

After the Arkham games, I always thought it would be good to see them do a co-op Ninja Turtles game. The Arkham fighting style would have been a easy fit for it I thought.  

7. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 20:35 Cutter

Slashman wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 19:38:
Cutter wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 19:27:
I'd only want to see a Supes game if you could punch people through buildings and stuff, throw cars at them, etc.

Maybe Aquadude? Underwater adventure summoning the beasties of the deep to your aid?

Flash game could be fun. Always loved bombing around with superspeed in CoH.

Maybe something different like Lobo or Dr. Fate would be sweet.

Dr Fate would be sweet but how would you define his powers??

Same prob with GL. You'd have to have a predefined set of powers. They had magic superheoes in CoH and it worked fine.

"If you promote conformity, don't be surprised if that's what you get." - Ken Robinson

6. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 19:38 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 19:27:
I'd only want to see a Supes game if you could punch people through buildings and stuff, throw cars at them, etc.

Maybe Aquadude? Underwater adventure summoning the beasties of the deep to your aid?

Dr Fate would be sweet but how would you define his powers??

5. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 19:27 Cutter

"If you promote conformity, don't be surprised if that's what you get." - Ken Robinson

4. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 14:38 El Pit

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2018, 17:03.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo