Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is no more, as it is now officially supplanted by the Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition, a major update to Larian Studios' Windows role-playing game. This can be found on GOG.com or Steam, and owners of the original second Original Sin will find they have been upgraded to the new version automatically for free. The post on GOG.com has a launch trailer along with details on what makes the new edition so divinely definitive, which includes some free DLC:
The amount of additions and improvements that it brings is nothing short of staggering, so here's a list which almost does them justice:

• A new Story Mode option for those who don't like spending too much time with combat considerations while enjoying the world and atmosphere. You can alternate between modes at any point.
  • New and reworked fights!
  • Tutorial expanded to work players through the gameplay specifics more smoothly.
  • Tons of new lines recorded for this Edition.
  • Significant performance optimization.
  • UI changes, journal revamped.

Plus, a mini DLC rides forth with this update: brave brave Sir Lora, the squirrel Knight companion who's dreading the coming of the Great Acorn, will let you become his valiant defender. Previous owners of the game get this DLC for free.

Note: You will be able to choose between the Classic and Definitive Edition from the launcher when you start the game.

View : : :

Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches
Aug 31, 2018, 15:04
Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches Aug 31, 2018, 15:04
Aug 31, 2018, 15:04

Funny thing is I finally bought this game last night having no idea that it was the new edition. I was confused at first why my saves from original and def were different..
Is there any reason for me to play original at all at this point?
Date
Subject
Author
Aug 31, 2018Aug 31 2018
Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches