Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 1, 2018, 03:36 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 19:21:
Baltimore has the worst drivers in the US.
200 cities ranked. https://www.allstate.com/tools-and-resources/americas-best-drivers.aspx

I didn't need actual data to tell me that. I just watched The Wire.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2018, 19:21 RedEye9

Baltimore has the worst drivers in the US.
200 cities ranked. https://www.allstate.com/tools-and-resources/americas-best-drivers.aspx

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2018, 18:45 jdreyer

GPU shipments confirm that the crypto-mining craze is behind us for now.

Thank FSM for that.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2018, 18:44 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 15:34:
Bumpy wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 13:07:
USA drivers suck; largely cause they don't use their turn signals and secondly cause they use the left lanes improperly.

Police should enforce and fine for these but they don't.

That's the same everywhere - don't forget the tailgating, that's 95% of accidents right there. In many other places it's much, much worse. Look at India where 14 people die on the roads every hour. Not day, but hour. A lot of countries out there make our bullshit look like a pleasant dream by comparison.

As I understand it, Indians are fatalistic and believe they have no control over when they die, so see no point in adhering to speed limits or wearing seat belts. Although I've painted with somewhat of a broad brush, the point is that it's a cultural thing. End result: probably some of the worst drivers on the planet.

Again, self driving cars can't come soon enough

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2018, 15:34 Cutter

Bumpy wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 13:07:
USA drivers suck; largely cause they don't use their turn signals and secondly cause they use the left lanes improperly.

That's the same everywhere - don't forget the tailgating, that's 95% of accidents right there. In many other places it's much, much worse. Look at India where 14 people die on the roads every hour. Not day, but hour. A lot of countries out there make our bullshit look like a pleasant dream by comparison.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2018, 13:07 Bumpy

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2018, 12:07 Pigeon

I'm in a loaner car while mine is in the shop, and it has the lane change detection for the turn signal. It's nice in normal traffic but with heavy rush hour traffic that thing tries to give me a heart attack. I see I have enough room to get over hit the signal as I start moving over *BEEBEEBEE BEEP* 'WHAT WHATS THERE?!?! oh is that all' and then it's too late.

Turn signal thing would be nice, at least give a little warning, assuming it's not overly sensitive.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo