Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Evening Metaverse

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 25, 2018, 01:47 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 16:38:
Yeah....good luck with that, some things just don't translate well to visual media from novels. At least without getting "I am Robot"ed to death.

Worse of all, it could become a faux Warhammer 40k show if it isn't careful. And just saying, but filming Warhammer 40k would be way more awesome (the crusade specifically, where it was not "all war" ;p)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 16:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah....good luck with that, some things just don't translate well to visual media from novels. At least without getting "I am Robot"ed to death.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 13:03 Bodolza

Seems like Daneel would be the "person" to follow, since he's around for the entire series.  

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 09:28 eRe4s3r

Well the stories within are awesome.. but a TV show in this strange super futuristic pseudo medieval setting is gonna be interesting to say the least...  

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 02:26 afka Rossini

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 20:25:
Graham wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 20:03:
Super challenging series to shoot considering the time span involved; a lot like Altered Carbon you're not going to have a hero carry the show through the entire series of books. It'll be interested in see how they try to tell a story that's detailed at the micro-scale and needs you to be paying attention for the macro-scale stuff to make sense. I'll watch, for sure.

IIRC that's true at the beginning, but don't things start taking place with the same chars once The Mule appears?
I think the Mule is in the second half of book two and the first half of book three.

Have they said if they're just doing the original trilogy? Because it seems to me they'd get more cinematic stories out of the subsequent novels featuring Harry Seldon or Golan Trevize.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 01:23 MattyC

I would love to watch this if it ever comes out. However, this was originally for HBO... like 4-5 years ago. Apple picked it up at the start of this year, and I think somewhere in between Amazon or Netflix had it.

In other words, I am not exactly waiting with baited breath.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 23:39 G.oZ

Love the series.

However, I've always thought it basically "unfilmable" seeing as you're talking about a time-line of 500 years.

Perhaps if they make it an anthology type series to start - similar to the Terry Pratchett discworld TV specials, each set in specific locations & time, and each showing the evolution of Foundation.

Many of the concepts in the original trilogy are also rather outdated, so to make sense to a modern audience they'd need to drastically alter the core themes - particularly as it is meant to represent human society 20,000 odd years from now. One in particular makes zero sense in relation to our current information tech age.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 21:22 jdreyer

Also, I'm getting very annoyed that I will have to sign up for yet another bloody service if I want to watch this.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 20:25 jdreyer

Graham wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 20:03:
Super challenging series to shoot considering the time span involved; a lot like Altered Carbon you're not going to have a hero carry the show through the entire series of books. It'll be interested in see how they try to tell a story that's detailed at the micro-scale and needs you to be paying attention for the macro-scale stuff to make sense. I'll watch, for sure.

IIRC that's true at the beginning, but don't things start taking place with the same chars once The Mule appears?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 20:03 Graham

Blue-y bought a bit of Cutter, but he said this Cutter's bitter. If I put it in my comments it will make my comments bitter. So he bought some better comments to ignore the bitter Cutter. It didn't make Cutter better but they made the forum glitter.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo