Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Valve Tunes in Steam.TV

A tweet from Pavel Djundik reveals Valve has registered the domain Steam.tv, which is already live and showing a Dota 2 stream as of this writing. In response to questions about the legitimacy of this, the SteamDB creator points out the site's certificate is registered to Steamcommunity.com. We are not aware of any announcements from Valve on this topic, so we'll just have to stay tuned. Thanks VentureBeat.
View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Valve Tunes in Steam.TV Aug 18, 2018, 13:07 RaZ0r!

While this Steam.TV website might be new, streaming on Steam is not. It's been going on for awhile here https://steamcommunity.com/?subsection=broadcasts  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Valve Tunes in Steam.TV Aug 18, 2018, 05:03 MattyC

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 21:48:
An hour later, looks like it's been taken offline.

Steam things (including the original Steam, if anyone else remembers) often launch in weirdly jolting on-off ways. I am not sure if this is intentional (to draw interest), their way of briefly looking for issues / points of failure, or just a thing that ends up happening with Valve stuff.

Anyway, it looks like Cnet has picked up the story as well.

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?

5. Re: Valve Tunes in Steam.TV Aug 18, 2018, 01:35 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 22:36:
Also, keep your eyes peeled for the new AU Optronics 1440p @ 240hz panels starting to get announced, I'm expecting to see them make an appearance on monday too.

lol @ AU Optronics

You do realize that every panel they have produced up to now is complete garbage, right? They have MASSIVE quality issues with BLB but worst of all pixel errors galore and dust particle enclosures. Nothing like buying a $1000+ display and then finding out it has two or three dead pixels.

Just check user reviews of any AU Optronics display or threads in corresponding forums. Those displays are so poor quality they're not even worth recycling.

Finally, 240Hz sounds like TN. Ugh. Don't people have actual standards anymore? I guess not when you are seriously considering AU Optronics. Might as well go with a TN panel since it doesn't really matter whether you have a fucked up TN, IPS or VA panel. Fucked up is fucked up.

As for RTX 2080(Ti), I'm sure at this point we can just wait for the reveal on Monday.
I would not be surprised at all if they would in fact reveal the Ti from the start this time.

Turing is probably late because of the mining craze (I'm sure they wanted it out in May but couldn't pull it off) so nVidia might be in a hurry to get out the full line-up ASAP this fall.

Also, TSMC has been making great progress with their 7nm process by all accounts so 12nm RTX 2xxx will probably be a rather short-lived affair and might get replaced by 7nm parts around the same time next year (Q3). RTX 2xxx will probably be old news again in 12 months or maybe even less depending on what AMD does.

That's also why I would not bet on something like HDMI 2.1 to be on this generation of cards. They might as well save that stuff for next year when AMD might also begin offering HDMI 2.1 on their next generation cards.
No need at all for nVidia to push this now, especially since they got their own 65" BFGDs coming up first.

Edit: OK, just spotted some leaked datasheets from triple fan PNY RTX 2080 and 2080Ti cards. The source is the official PNY website so, yes, both cards will definitely be revealed on Monday. According to the sheets the PNY RTX 2080 series will have HDMI 2.0b.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2018, 02:04.

4. Re: Valve Tunes in Steam.TV Aug 17, 2018, 22:36 Slick

Unrelated to OP, but since this is the top story of tonight, has anyone else been tracking the recent RTX 2080 Ti leaks? Looks like it could be released/announced on monday next to the RTX 2080.

I wonder if they'll snub the open-source HDMI 2.1 spec because they'll be able to get away with it, seeing as there's no HDMI 2.1 TVs announced until Jan 2019 @ CES, and I'm sure they'd rather push their G-sync proprietary tech.

Also, keep your eyes peeled for the new AU Optronics 1440p @ 240hz panels starting to get announced, I'm expecting to see them make an appearance on monday too.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

3. Re: Valve Tunes in Steam.TV Aug 17, 2018, 22:07 Redmask

Probably going to pair it up with the smartphone app. Still sad they discontinued the Steam Link and Controller.  

2. Re: Valve Tunes in Steam.TV Aug 17, 2018, 21:57 Kxmode

Twitch.tv's TwitchPresent and TwitchPresent2 host 80's marathons. Right now they're doing She-Ra; a few weeks ago they had Knight Rider. I don't know about you but it is fun to watch with ~600 other people. The comments are hilarious. It's like MST3K!  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

1. Re: Valve Tunes in Steam.TV Aug 17, 2018, 21:48 jacobvandy

An hour later, looks like it's been taken offline.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >