Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week

Criterion Games tweets about the release of Burnout Paradise Remastered (thanks DSOGaming). They say the driving game remake is now available on Origin Access and Premier, and will be officially released on Origin on Tuesday. Here's a refresher on what to expect:

Make action your middle name as you rule the streets in Burnoutô Paradise Remastered. Tear up the town from hectic downtown avenues to wild mountain roads. Relive the high-octane stunts and wanton destruction of one of the greatest arcade-driving games ever!

Burnout Paradise Remastered provides the ultimate driving playground for you and your friends to play online. This remaster includes all add-ons from the Year of Paradise, including the Big Surf Island update, meticulously recreated and ready to wreck in 4K.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 20, 2018, 02:25 Sepharo

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 19:17:
Should have remastered 3. Loved that game.

Yeah I'm not even exactly sure I've played Paradise but I played a ton of 3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 17, 2018, 19:21 Rhett

I've owned this game twice on the 360 and still own it on PC.. I've had my fill of Guns 'n Roses' Paradise City, and that damn DJ, thank you!  

5. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 17, 2018, 19:17 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Should have remastered 3. Loved that game.  

4. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 17, 2018, 13:39 Sepharo

Yeah Wreckfest kicks ass.
I was a big fan of Burnout and wish they'd make a new one... but Wreckfest is good stuff too. Perfect mix or arcade and simulation IMO

3. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 17, 2018, 13:12 Bumpy

Not improved enough and others do it way better.

BeamNG is where my money is at.

2. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 17, 2018, 12:51 jdreyer

I was going to say, the original has pretty good graphics already. There was another island? I didn't miss that. Felt complete to me. Not going to pick this up. I'd rather spend the money on something like Wreckfest.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 17, 2018, 12:27 HoSpanky

I saw literally nothing in the trailers for this that looked better than the original, at least on PC. Oh, sure, they FINALLY are letting PC players go to Big Surf Island, but itís super tiny. Like, embarrassingly so, especially versus the Forza Horizon expansion zones. FH3, and soon 4, are available on PC. They have better handling, astounding visuals, and licensed cars. A lot of the exploration stuff from Paradise (gates, special jumps, hidden things) are in Horizon, and are almost universally better. No, they donít have wrecks like in Paradise, but if you want vehicular carnage, you should really be looking at Wreckfest. 24 players on a bouncy dogbone course means LOTS of amazing wrecks...just accept that you will rarely see a podium spot when online. Itís not as large of a game as Horizon, but what it does, it does VERY well. People willingly set up absurd situations, like a small tight course where 20 players take a school bus or a Combine, and the other 4 are tasked with just crossing the finish line in one piece.

EA is banking on Nostalgia here. They should have delivered an all new game at this point. Donít buy this game, but either of the ones above instead. Reward actual development, not repackaging.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo